Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

jontoads whips

Go down 
+55
beep340
Dre
moaugust88
Yuro
ekaz
WICKEDSRT8
GSB06SRT
BackNBlack
jamesv82
jlg1963
BigM
billygoat91
chicagovich
funkpolice
TgTwist
stairman
irishrt5.7
moros323
Xenon
vagrant
northsiderz
Bulldog
KevinDSClark
Okie6.1
Hypnotiq
xegitalian19xx
Moparcharger07
ghost
Pomps
The Black Stig
Srt8Mopar
sak9880
pstlgrp
RT!st!C
ChargerSRT
inkedup
HiPwr
blackhemi
liljoejoe54
bogieboy
Illinois Chaos
SScharger
kaotik29
HemiMag
Shawn1112
TheDarkKnight
ChiTownHemi
chargerchick
AR-15QUEEN
Headtripp
slg 7
firestartr420
AlterEgo
eviltrycycle
jontoad
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

jontoads whips - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2012, 12:03 pm

Looks sweet! Lol @ the rather be playing xbox. I love the look of the TB covers. They add a bit of awesome under the hood. I was on billets website and everything they have is pretty bad ass.

When you putting them other decals on?

BTW: Your suede headliner is damn sexy!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2012, 12:48 pm

Hypnotiq wrote:

When you putting them other decals on?

the new fender stripes? probably right after i do some spring cleaning on the paint and get all the swirl marks out. most likely when its like 60 out every day. latest i will do it is late April right after my first autocross race day.
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2012, 8:10 pm

I gotta say I love the look you've created here. That is one bad ass looking ride!

Back to top Go down
vagrant
CAMM Member
vagrant

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2012, 7:12 pm

Nice jon! Just keeps getting better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2012, 7:03 pm

more parts for the rear end came in. inner and outer pinion bearings and races. also got a new pinion seal from the dodge dealer.

jontoads whips - Page 12 14tatcn
Back to top Go down
billygoat91
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2012, 8:49 am

Jon

I had the wavetrac installed last year along with new halfshafts (31 spline). It works much better than the SRT stock rear end. I was able to turn 12.10 with it at GLD last year with the Nitto drag radials. The unit works better than the positraction on my brothers 2009 SRT charger.

Bill
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2012, 7:13 pm

nice to hear. that's cause the Getrag in the 09 chally is a downgrade from it. the getrag rear ends are clutch pack lockers and still bias to the right rear. wavetrack/quaife units are gear driven lockers and not bias to either side. they send torque to the side that needs it most.

people just get getrag rear ends cause they are cheap.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2012, 7:25 pm

I believe that every application serves it's purpose up to a level of RWP. My Getrag LSD with upgraded clutch packs is just like a Detroit Locker. It's a purposeful build for drag racing in a straight line and it works perfectly for that. Both rear wheels lock and dig evenly and the car goes straight down the track. When my power exceeds what the center section can hold I will upgrade it to a True Trac or a 9" Ford or maybe even a Dana 60. Nothing wrong with a Getrag when it's built to handle the power.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2012, 7:50 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
I believe that every application serves it's purpose up to a level of RWP. My Getrag LSD with upgraded clutch packs is just like a Detroit Locker. It's a purposeful build for drag racing in a straight line and it works perfectly for that. Both rear wheels lock and dig evenly and the car goes straight down the track. When my power exceeds what the center section can hold I will upgrade it to a True Trac or a 9" Ford or maybe even a Dana 60. Nothing wrong with a Getrag when it's built to handle the power.

nothing wrong with a modded Getrag with the extra clutch pack setup. although that's kinda a drag only setup. a normal getrag is no better or worse than any normal clutch pack rear, but clutches wear out, gear rear ends don't. all that aside if your doing any racing with turns in it a rear end that puts the power where it needs it is always better.

a 8.8 or 9 inch can be good at whatever you wan't to set it up as. but that's big money.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2012, 8:22 pm

Yes Jon your auto x racing needs a different rear section that load biases through the turns. You should really kick but this year.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2012, 3:36 pm

just got the car back. i need to put 300 miles on it before i really get to test it out. right away i am really impressed how there is no gear whine what so ever. the car feels quite a bit lighter is the best i can describe it. i have not put full throttle into it yet due to break in time, but under part throttle it just feels like the car uses less effort to accelerate.

i didn't get to really test out the wavetrac LSD. but on right turns any pedal input used to make the right wheel spin and the car not go anywhere. i gave it a little throttle and it just goes now. it doesn't just sit there loosing traction, it moves and uses the power. it also felt more planted on one highway off ramp i gave it a little bit of throttle on.

here are 2 pics to show the RPM difference when i was cruising there with the stock 3.06 gear, and when i was coming home with the 3.55 gear. i was only using cruse control for the picture as i am not supposed to keep a constant speed during break in. the cruise was set to 76mph in both pictures

jontoads whips - Page 12 14e0u1f

jontoads whips - Page 12 20r7ekg
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2012, 3:43 pm

Congrats Jon
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2012, 4:34 pm

Sweet. So where you cruising to so you can hit those 300 miles?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2012, 5:06 pm

its gonna take a while... i have a month to do it before the first autocross day this year. - one week when I'm in Florida.
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2012, 5:22 pm

Leave me your car when you're in Florida I put on 350 miles a week no problem! I'll kick my wife's Journey to the driveway Smile

Trust me driving to the city every day I'm rarely at a constant speed heh.

When you get back you might have a Silver Steel fascia and hood though... and stock R/T brakes with my wheels.... other than that I'll take good care of her. I don't think a week is long enough for a full engine swap unless I got Chip Foose's crew out to my house. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2012, 5:33 pm

lol.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2012, 6:34 pm

BigM wrote:
Leave me your car when you're in Florida I put on 350 miles a week no problem! I'll kick my wife's Journey to the driveway Smile

When you get back you might have a Silver Steel fascia and hood though... and stock R/T brakes with my wheels.... other than that I'll take good care of her. I don't think a week is long enough for a full engine swap unless I got Chip Foose's crew out to my house. Twisted Evil
Engine/trans swap in a day, with 3 people.
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2012, 7:47 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
BigM wrote:

Engine/trans swap in a day, with 3 people.

Great, so Shawn will house sit for you and help me on the engine swap we just need one more Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2012, 7:59 pm

that's it... I'm putting the car at my sisters house and taking all my keys to Florida with me...
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2012, 8:01 pm

jontoad wrote:
that's it... I'm putting the car at my sisters house and taking all my keys to Florida with me...
lmao
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2012, 9:48 pm

AMG C63 euro spec differential cooler installed
(the american C63 AMG cars don't get the diff cooler, apparently the euro spec cars get them due to being subjected to longer higher speed limit runs on their highways)

jontoads whips - Page 12 2lw8sy

jontoads whips - Page 12 2hphych
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2012, 10:00 pm

That's awesome man, so it bolts right up and everything?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2012, 10:07 pm

if you buy the Mercedes diff cover it is a direct bolt on. ours is slightly different but the threaded bolt holes are there. guys on lx forums are doing what i did. we have to use a 1inch aluminum spacer for it and elongate one bolt hole on the cooler a couple millimeters then it bolts right on. it uses M8x1.25 bolts about 50mm long.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeApril 5th 2012, 6:25 am

I'm retro-fitting a giant heat sink from my computer. lol.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeApril 5th 2012, 7:49 pm

AMG paddle shifters showed up today...

jontoads whips - Page 12 Ra20k9
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

jontoads whips
Page 12 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Car Show :: Member Galleries-
Jump to: