Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

jontoads whips

Go down 
+55
beep340
Dre
moaugust88
Yuro
ekaz
WICKEDSRT8
GSB06SRT
BackNBlack
jamesv82
jlg1963
BigM
billygoat91
chicagovich
funkpolice
TgTwist
stairman
irishrt5.7
moros323
Xenon
vagrant
northsiderz
Bulldog
KevinDSClark
Okie6.1
Hypnotiq
xegitalian19xx
Moparcharger07
ghost
Pomps
The Black Stig
Srt8Mopar
sak9880
pstlgrp
RT!st!C
ChargerSRT
inkedup
HiPwr
blackhemi
liljoejoe54
bogieboy
Illinois Chaos
SScharger
kaotik29
HemiMag
Shawn1112
TheDarkKnight
ChiTownHemi
chargerchick
AR-15QUEEN
Headtripp
slg 7
firestartr420
AlterEgo
eviltrycycle
jontoad
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

jontoads whips - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeJune 7th 2013, 6:30 pm

and... EZlip on the Caliber.

jontoads whips - Page 16 2zyj2fn
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeJune 7th 2013, 6:39 pm

I like the black corners on the front lip .
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeJune 16th 2013, 6:43 pm

decided to install my power steering underdrive kit today. the road racer Joel Van who owns that green challenger that was on "are you faster than a redneck" on speed channel fabricated the kit for LX cars. it's a 6 inch pulley to replace the stock 4.75 inch pulley and a bracket plate to keep the pulley in line with the belt.

jontoads whips - Page 16 2j1o07r

it didn't go as smooth as planned. my factory pulley decided to have the flange break off in the pulley puller. that led me to some tiring work with a hack saw and a little bit of dremel work to relieve the pulleys tension on the power steering pump shaft. at that point i was able to use the pulley puller on the small bit of the flange that was left on the pulley to get it off without it breaking off more. 

what was left of the stock pulley-

jontoads whips - Page 16 35i26vl

then since i was the first one to install the kit besides Joel himself i found the bracket on the fitting on my power steering low pressure hose was different than his. his bracket was straight and had no issues, mine had the bracket at a 45 degree angle and would hit the pulley if i tried to bolt it in. WTF dodge. lol. so for now i had to cock the bracket to the side and clamp it in by adding a washer to the stock bolt. not a big deal, it is held in as good as the stock bracket held it. but i am going to research if i can find what years had the straighter fitting so i can swap mine out. i don't like ghetto looking stuff even if it works fine. my Airaid intake covers it and you can't see it, but i know it's there. lol.

jontoads whips - Page 16 2z7liq0

combined with my massive Derale power steering cooler that holds an extra quart of fluid more than the stock one does, i should hopefully say goodbye to the "high rpm's killing power steering pumps" problem that LX cars have when your race them. i didn't have a problem with the factory pulley since i added the cooler last year, but this needed to be done.

it works great as the math i used on figuring out the new belt size was spot on. steering feels same as factory when the car is at idle so no loss of low rpm function, but around 21% less pump RPM's at high motor RPM's.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2013, 11:36 pm

went to Chicago SCCA event 4 at route 66 today.

jontoads whips - Page 16 2evc68n
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2013, 9:45 pm

I put in some new LED door logo projectors on the Charger this evening.

the ones i had from AAC that were red and white faded like hell. the red faded bad and it just looked washed out. i dunno why, i don't use them much since i don't drive the car on a daily basis. i think maybe the AAC ones were too powerful to leave on at shows for extended periods and just faded the film with heat. Bullish got the same AAC ones and he says his still look good though.

i picked up some ebay ones that say they are not supposed to fade like others do. they seem to be pretty powerful still though. the fact that they are red and black instead of red and white should help too due to the better contrast and the resistance of fading black has.

i think they look more bad ass anyways. the black and red is tougher looking than the white and red. the old ones were a little more classy looking i guess. they are much more deep red in person, LED's don't photograph well on cell phone cameras. lol. the reflection on the back door is closer to how they look.

jontoads whips - Page 16 15nakqe
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2013, 8:23 am

To me, I like this way better. I searched for the video you posted to compare them. The white border on the old one took something away for me. Now I'm partial to black and red, but this does certainly look tougher, but it's still classy to me. After seeing this, I'm glad the old set faded!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2013, 9:08 pm

got the Cali back from the body shop so the Charger can go back into the easy garage life. it hadn't seen that much rain driving in years. lol. i paid extra to have the licence plate holes filled on it.

jontoads whips - Page 16 Vqnyaa
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2013, 9:50 pm

i ordered a couple parts for the Charger.

-SRT MAX PLUS cam from Inertia (same one funkpolice has)
-custom forged pushrods
-mopar performance timing set
-new water pump
-associated install parts (cam bolt, crank bolt, intake manifold gasket, timing cover gasket)

chose this one over the other cam i always wanted because it has a much nicer lope to it and is still ok on the stock converter. sounds like an old school car. i just need to set aside some cash for install and a canned tune so i can drive it until i can afford to have it dynotuned.

here is a vid of how it sounds. this car has kooks long tubes though. i might get some mids and a better x pipe eventually but i have no plans to do any long tubes with how low my car is.

Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2013, 9:53 am

Cool Jon. No drop in pistons?
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2013, 5:32 pm

cool. you'll probably end up wanting a torque converter, I'm going to try to get one this winter. Even with my 3.73 rear it just takes too long to get where it pulls best. what is the difference with the performance timing set. When I did mine Tim told me the stock one was fine. anything special with the water pump? I'm on my second one now, after I blew a gasket out, and now this one is starting to squeal at high rpm. you might need a new set of springs too. I remember reading some got the green stripe ones, and others the yellow? striped ones.

Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2013, 5:34 pm

i didn't intend to sound so douchy. congrats on the purchase, it's going to be fun.

bill
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2013, 11:26 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Cool Jon. No drop in pistons?
eh? no plans to change any pistons any time soon...
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2013, 11:33 pm

funkpolice wrote:
i didn't intend to sound so douchy.  congrats on the purchase, it's going to be fun.

bill
nothing douchish there i don't think. lol

i already know i want a converter. just not a real loose one. i want it to act mostly factory on normal driving and not hit too hard since this car is built for turns and not drag.

the mopar performance timing set is the factory one as far as i know. it was $104.

nothing special with the water pump. just why not replace it while it is off. the car has 60k miles now (only about 25k miles from me since 07).

odd question for you. you think i would be able to use a copy of your tune file for a start up tune? i am going to have Tim tune it either way, but that would make things easy...
Back to top Go down
ekaz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2013, 10:18 am

Can't use the tune as is, calid is different. However, most tuners should be able to update the calid so you can use it.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2013, 4:17 pm

i don't know anything about using tunes for different cars, but I can send you a copy of mine if you need it. I have a copy on my desktop for when I install the MTCM, but I'm afraid of messing something up so I haven't done it.

bill
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2013, 5:34 pm

Congrats Toad
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2013, 6:59 pm

funkpolice wrote:
i don't know anything about using tunes for different cars, but I can send you a copy of mine if you need it.  I have a copy on my desktop for when I install the MTCM, but I'm afraid of messing something up so I haven't done it.

bill
if you want to email a copy to Jontoad@aol.com i would owe you a burger at the next track day or something. it still might not be usable to change the calid anyways though as from what Eric says the tune file might be locked. it's worth a shot though.

if not i am sure Johan or Tim can send me a start up tune.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2013, 7:32 pm

maybe try stu from inertia. I've read he can pretty much get that cam dialed in without any back and forth, but I don't know what if cost if anything. I'll try to send you the tune as an email, but I'm not sure I know how.
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2013, 8:35 pm

very cool JT, congrats
Back to top Go down
ekaz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2013, 8:59 pm

funkpolice wrote:
maybe try stu from inertia.  I've read he can pretty much get that cam dialed in without any back and forth, but I don't know what if cost if anything.  I'll try to send you the tune as an email, but I'm not sure I know how.
Connect your predator to your computer and open DS Downloader and select the option to get tune from tool or whatever it says.
Keep in mind that many tuners these days lock their tunes which will prevent you from getting from the tool.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2013, 12:25 am

still waiting on a few more parts, but these showed up today. i am excite.

jontoads whips - Page 16 Ru4c4p

jontoads whips - Page 16 2ym92ly
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2013, 6:28 am

You plan on having install done in time to hit track one more time this year?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2013, 11:54 am

maybe. if we are going in October i might be able to do that. still won't have a converter yet though so it it is not gonna be full potential either way.
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2013, 10:52 pm

*Whistles* way ahead of my modding thats for sure!
Looking great, freaking A!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2013, 5:10 pm

got a tune file that will work from Johan today, still waiting on those damn crank/cam bolts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 16 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

jontoads whips
Page 16 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Car Show :: Member Galleries-
Jump to: