Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

jontoads whips

Go down 
+55
beep340
Dre
moaugust88
Yuro
ekaz
WICKEDSRT8
GSB06SRT
BackNBlack
jamesv82
jlg1963
BigM
billygoat91
chicagovich
funkpolice
TgTwist
stairman
irishrt5.7
moros323
Xenon
vagrant
northsiderz
Bulldog
KevinDSClark
Okie6.1
Hypnotiq
xegitalian19xx
Moparcharger07
ghost
Pomps
The Black Stig
Srt8Mopar
sak9880
pstlgrp
RT!st!C
ChargerSRT
inkedup
HiPwr
blackhemi
liljoejoe54
bogieboy
Illinois Chaos
SScharger
kaotik29
HemiMag
Shawn1112
TheDarkKnight
ChiTownHemi
chargerchick
AR-15QUEEN
Headtripp
slg 7
firestartr420
AlterEgo
eviltrycycle
jontoad
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

jontoads whips - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeApril 5th 2012, 8:15 pm

jontoad wrote:
that's it... I'm putting the car at my sisters house and taking all my keys to Florida with me...

You can always leave her with me, she would get returned with 300 miles done, full tank of gas, and all your parts still on it.

Nice paddles.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2012, 9:47 pm

wonder if these will be cool or rice... we will find out... if they look rice they will not be used.

jontoads whips - Page 13 18gd2u
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2012, 9:52 pm

put the paddles in today. not a hard job, but i was overly cautious since i was dealing with steering column parts and airbags.

making threads by tapping the plastic paddles...

jontoads whips - Page 13 Vgodic

bout to take the wheel off. everyone said you would really have to crank on it to get it off. i waited till my dad could get here so he could hold it. it came off real easy. i was like really? my dad was like you waited for that? did you try it yourself? lol.

jontoads whips - Page 13 24d4y0z

and the whole reason you take the steering column apart (wheel, clock spring, and turn signal housing) is to get to this plug. you have to put 2 wires into the un-used ports that pass through the steering column.

jontoads whips - Page 13 2n72mux

and after this i forgot to take pics till i was done... but there is a bunch of wiring in the steering wheel (negitive black wires from the paddles to black grounds in wheel and the blue/yellow wires for upshift/downshift have to be wired to a connector that can pug into the un-used port that passes the signal through the steering column to the wires you put in below.

then you run the wires down to the shifter and use a splitter board to tap into the autostick signal harness. basically the paddles tap into and mimic the signal that throwing the stick left or right in autostick mode does.

and finished pics... totally happy with it. looks 100% factory quality like it was in there to begin with. gonna feel like a video game driving now, let the real life Forza commence!

jontoads whips - Page 13 Dmbdw9

jontoads whips - Page 13 Ojo8q9
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2012, 10:16 pm

also when i was installing them the UPS guy walked up and gave me these...

jontoads whips - Page 13 34ras7a
Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
stairman

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2012, 10:22 pm

That is a very cool mod JT!!!
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeApril 14th 2012, 6:31 am

That is awesome.

Flappy paddle gear shifter!

I used to have a hard enough time when I played Forza calming down to drive in real life. Those are gunna be fun, need to go find some twisty roads.
Back to top Go down
vagrant
CAMM Member
vagrant

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeApril 14th 2012, 11:15 am

nice paddles jon! those should be hella fun! how are they working out so far?
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeApril 14th 2012, 11:18 am

I am betting the car is in the garage. Its raining on and off down here.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeApril 14th 2012, 12:49 pm

vagrant wrote:
nice paddles jon! those should be hella fun! how are they working out so far?

It was great shifting between 1st and 2nd in the garage last night.... Lol. Haven't taken it on the road yet. But they work and that is the important part. I'm sure they will be fun. From what I hear they are supposed more responsive than the stick because of the short throw of the paddles.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2012, 11:17 am

so drove it to get gas, the paddles are really fun.

also put the carbon mirrors on... they look gray in pictures but they are darker and complement the black paint well when you see it in person. they match the carbon front lip perfect so it all ties together.

jontoads whips - Page 13 34xgbwi

Last edited by jontoad on April 15th 2012, 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2012, 11:22 am

very nice Jon!!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2012, 11:35 am

thanks!
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeApril 18th 2012, 10:21 am

Looks good. The dude at the BP down the street from my house was asking me about your car yesterday btw.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2012, 6:36 pm

well today was pointless to race. i should have just parked the car after the first lap. we showed up at the autocross and they had just paved the lot. it was like one of those top coats on a parking lot you dream of for doing doughnuts. then add in the fact that i was on racing tires that have no grip under 70 degrees or so and it was like i was trying to drive on an ice rink.

it was actually comical to some people. i was just drifting around all day. they were saying things like "it looks like your having fun!" and they wanted to ride with me and stuff.

no, i was not having fun. i couldn't keep the car from sliding even when i wasn't hitting the gas pedal.

i give you exhibit A... how not to cross the finish line into the stop box, unless your Vin Diesel i guess....

Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2012, 9:16 pm

Haha Jon. You got too excited for racing season. We had our first index race today. I didn't even load the car and mowed the lawn instead. Waiting for the 70 and 80 degree weather.
Back to top Go down
vagrant
CAMM Member
vagrant

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2012, 6:46 pm

Looks fun Jon, can I ride with you? Razz
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2012, 10:26 pm

got a couple more odds and ends done today after work getting ready for the show on sunday, gonna get back to the waxes and polishes on friday.

today i put new brakes on and painted the brembos in fresh red. they get so hot when i'm racing the clear flaked off on every caliper to the point that they looked pink. just got to put the brembo logo's back on them tomorrow when the paint is fully dry.

trying EBC yellows this time for pads. i loved my reds but the yellows are supposed to be a better track pad and just as good on the street. i also added some titanium heat sink plates behind the pads to try to keep heat out of the fluid/caliper.

i got the factory rotors for a steal, 123 bux shipped to my door for 2 front centric slotted rotors. they must have goofed cause the company took the listing for the rotors down after i got them. lol.

jontoads whips - Page 13 Nmj51z
Back to top Go down
vagrant
CAMM Member
vagrant

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2012, 10:29 pm

sexellent!
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2012, 8:42 am

Looking good; love the pop!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeJune 29th 2012, 7:42 pm

Beautiful track worthy power steering cooler was waiting for me when I got home from work today.

jontoads whips - Page 13 35384k9
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeJune 29th 2012, 7:50 pm

How does that work???
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeJune 29th 2012, 8:24 pm

holds an extra quart of power steering fluid. the aluminum acts as a heat sink, but also as air hits the fins it cools the aluminum in turn cooling the fluid inside. it is also rifled inside to improve flow.

http://www.lelandwest.com/auto-tech/frankencooler-project-power-steering.cfm
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeJune 29th 2012, 8:30 pm

Install requires welding??? Or are u gonna go a different route?
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeJune 29th 2012, 8:37 pm

A lot of road race guys use this Jon u should do the oil cooler and frankencooler for transmission also
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeJune 29th 2012, 8:38 pm

irishrt5.7 wrote:
A lot of road race guys use this Jon u should do the oil cooler and frankencooler for transmission also

taking them one at a time. i will have all eventually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

jontoads whips
Page 13 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Car Show :: Member Galleries-
Jump to: