Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HALOs...my own personal HELL

Go down 
+23
RT!st!C
Dartboy
AlterEgo
Hypnotiq
Shawn1112
jesse031081
ChiTownHemi
Headtripp
xegitalian19xx
Illinois Chaos
chargerchick
HiPwr
DA H.N.I.C.
Admin
HemiMag
eviltrycycle
Mad Hatter
liljoejoe54
Hoodie
kaotik29
irishrt5.7
jontoad
Iguanaman
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2011, 1:12 am

OMG! This thread was started NOV 2009!!! That's just plain ridiculous to wait for stinkin halos! Head Bang
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2011, 1:16 am

This odyssey started 22 months ago, and finally finished today.

My SINCERE thanks to:

Dartboy. Chris, without your home, your stove, your work...the rings never would have made it into the housings.

LilJoeJoe: Joey, you helped lay the groundwork on the wiring with a regulator that is truly a one of a kind in the world...never been done.

PLCMAN: Raymond, without your regulator and electronics genius, the whole damn thing wouldn't have ever worked.

DAHNIC: DIallo, my friend...you've been in this with me since day 1. Who has a better buddy than me, someone that would drive all the way out from Ohio, for 1 day, just to help me try to finish these things?

Mr. Norms Garage: Tim and Andy, for finishing the whole deal up and making this Frankenstein monster of a project come to life. Thanks, all of you!

-D
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2011, 8:21 am

That is awesome news! They look great and im happy for ya bro! Did ya have ot bring it to NASA to figure out that schematic? Lol.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2011, 9:47 am

liljoejoe54 wrote:
That is awesome news! They look great and im happy for ya bro! Did ya have ot bring it to NASA to figure out that schematic? Lol.

Yeah, pretty much.

And now on to the "easier" lighting ideas, Joey: grille & dash lighting.
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2011, 11:28 am

Thats sweet dave... im really happy for you! Can't wait to spot you crusing around LITH. They look good! I still need to get the amber fogs for a project i wanna tackle.

Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2011, 11:44 am

Glad I could help!! And real glad they up and runnin now....

As for grill and under dash light...real easy.... Say when and we'll hook ya up!
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2011, 11:55 am

Hypnotiq wrote:
Thats sweet dave... im really happy for you! Can't wait to spot you crusing around LITH. They look good! I still need to get the amber fogs for a project i wanna tackle.

Call me
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2011, 11:56 am

Dartboy wrote:
Glad I could help!! And real glad they up and runnin now....

As for grill and under dash light...real easy.... Say when and we'll hook ya up!

"when"
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2011, 12:35 pm

They look really Dave !!!!
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2011, 2:03 pm

HemiMag wrote:

Huh?
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2011, 2:33 pm

Iguanaman wrote:
HemiMag wrote:

Huh?

"Dave" is the new way of saying "Good". Sometimes I say "Im gonna go take a Brian" which of course is another way of saying "shit".
Back to top Go down
VIKES4093
CAMM Pro
VIKES4093

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2011, 2:56 pm

does this mean we are finally going to see you again.you have been in hiding way to long
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2011, 6:38 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
Iguanaman wrote:
HemiMag wrote:

Huh?

"Dave" is the new way of saying "Good". Sometimes I say "Im gonna go take a Brian" which of course is another way of saying "shit".

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2011, 7:07 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
Iguanaman wrote:
HemiMag wrote:

Huh?

u stupid fuck...
Back to top Go down
DA H.N.I.C.
CAMM Pro
DA H.N.I.C.

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2011, 11:22 am

Dave, I'm glad they are FINALLY running the way they should be! They look spectacular!!
I'm sorry we couldn't get them up and running last year but I'd come out there again to help if needed.
Now go get the damn car tuned and tear up some streets!!!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2011, 1:04 pm

nice dave! good to hear your hell is over.

i just ended my own kinda halo hell myself. when i first installed mine a couple years ago i bought 2 different epoxy's for the rings. a clear plastic one and a gunmetal color all purpose one. i tried the gun metal one first on the passenger side headlight because i thought it would look better if you saw any of the epoxy. well that gunmetal one took forever to set for some reason so i used the plastic epoxy on the driver side headlight. no big deal right? well it was a big deal. turns out a year later i find out that gunmetal color epoxy was metallic based and it bridged the resistors on the back of the rings. this resulted in the resistors going bad on that headlight. my driver side headlight halos have never had a problem the two years i have had halos since i used the plastic based epoxy on the rings in that light. lesson learned.

so just got my last replacement ring in from flashtech and put it in today with plastic based epoxy. everything is back to 100% and i shouldn't have a problem again.

so i have had one or two setbacks with the halos, but i don't ever see not having them on the car. they are worth it.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2011, 1:22 am

Grrrrrrr..... Cool

HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 8 2011-04-30194229
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2011, 7:51 am

DA H.N.I.C. wrote:
Dave, I'm glad they are FINALLY running the way they should be! They look spectacular!!
I'm sorry we couldn't get them up and running last year but I'd come out there again to help if needed.
Now go get the damn car tuned and tear up some streets!!!

Thanks, D. Tune comes a week from today! Gotta run the 89 out and put in 93 first. Already down to a quarter tank.
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2011, 9:05 am

Iguanaman wrote:
Hypnotiq wrote:

Call me

I will this week dave!!
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2011, 1:05 pm

Looks fantastic Dave! Grrr indeed! Smile
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2011, 1:38 pm

chargerchick wrote:
Looks fantastic Dave! Grrr indeed! Smile

Thanks, Sister Christian!
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2011, 7:55 am

Huh...I didn't know it, but someone caught audio of my phone call trying to get these halos done at some point...

And video of me after they were installed...

Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2011, 8:23 am

Looks so great Dave!
Back to top Go down
Plcman
CAMM Rookie

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2011, 11:15 pm

I am glad you got this wired, they look real good you should see no heating at all, from the halo's. The regulator is a PWM based unit capable of well over 15 amps! The frequency pot can make them stobe to the point you can't look at them. This setup he has is custom and this wasn't an easy wiring task at all, good luck with them.

Now if anyone needs a bullet proof regulator with 2 outputs capable of 15 amps per output let me know.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2011, 11:18 pm

Plcman wrote:
I am glad you got this wired, they look real good you should see no heating at all, from the halo's. The regulator is a PWM based unit capable of well over 15 amps! The frequency pot can make them stobe to the point you can't look at them. This setup he has is custom and this wasn't an easy wiring task at all, good luck with them.

Now if anyone needs a bullet proof regulator with 2 outputs capable of 15 amps per output let me know.

We'll have to talk about the strobe setup...that one isn't even wired up yet. Even more fun courtesy of Raymond! I'm running 3 switches: mains, fogs, and master override for show lighting when the car is turned off.

BTW, Andy from Mr. Norms ended up mounting the box under the carpeting in the trunk, left hand side. Nice and ventilated form the rear wheel well vents (now that my resonators are gone).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HALOs...my own personal HELL
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next