Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HALOs...my own personal HELL

Go down 
+23
RT!st!C
Dartboy
AlterEgo
Hypnotiq
Shawn1112
jesse031081
ChiTownHemi
Headtripp
xegitalian19xx
Illinois Chaos
chargerchick
HiPwr
DA H.N.I.C.
Admin
HemiMag
eviltrycycle
Mad Hatter
liljoejoe54
Hoodie
kaotik29
irishrt5.7
jontoad
Iguanaman
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2010, 7:48 am

let me clarify that...

well Iguanas and Madhatters cars were ripped apart...Front end taken off...
headlights opened and drilled and Dremeled Mad , the halos are in solid and lookin great...
same with the fogs...lights sealed very NICELY!!! ALL THE WIRING is put in the cars...
lights put back in and cars reassembled...
so the halos ARE installed... thumbsup

so all the real hard work is done...but about 2% from being complete!!
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2010, 8:35 am

sounds like it was a long day!
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2010, 8:50 am

Dartboy wrote:
let me clarify that...

well Iguanas and Madhatters cars were ripped apart...Front end taken off...
headlights opened and drilled and Dremeled Mad , the halos are in solid and lookin great...
same with the fogs...lights sealed very NICELY!!! ALL THE WIRING is put in the cars...
lights put back in and cars reassembled...
so the halos ARE installed... thumbsup

so all the real hard work is done...but about 2% from being complete!!

Good to hear.. Can't wait to see pics.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2010, 9:44 am

Reece and I both have wiring issues, in a way.

Since mine is a completely custom, bulletproofed (would you say, Joey?) system that nobody on planet Earth has ever installed, it's taking some time to figure out. We got plcman on the phone a couple times and I think it's figured out. If we had a couple more hours in the day I think it would have been done.

On Reece's, he's running 3 different colors that end up running at 2 different voltages, and he only had one regulator from Flashtech. If they send him another one ASAP, He'll be set too.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2010, 2:51 pm

I'll say this now...

I CAN'T thank Dart and Joey enough for giving up their whole day (Dart's only day off after 11 straight days...I found out the night before) to work on these cars for us. I felt, frankly, like shit that we couldn't finish, so sorry, guys, for bringing something so complicated in.

Thanks also to Diallo for making the trip out from Ohio to help Reece and I out. I know he had his own car issues that kept him away much of the day, but I still appreciate the effort!

ATTENTION NEW FOLKS without a lot of experience installing halos or being around an installation...DON'T TAKE THIS LIGHTLY!!! These guys bust their asses on one of these installs, and you should know they're giving up easily half their day to do it. I know we take kind of a cavalier attitude on this site about this stuff, but this install in particular is NOT EASY.

[/soapbox]
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2010, 5:42 pm

Iguanaman wrote:
Reece and I both have wiring issues, in a way.

Since mine is a completely custom, bulletproofed (would you say, Joey?) system that nobody on planet Earth has ever installed, it's taking some time to figure out. We got plcman on the phone a couple times and I think it's figured out. If we had a couple more hours in the day I think it would have been done.

On Reece's, he's running 3 different colors that end up running at 2 different voltages, and he only had one regulator from Flashtech. If they send him another one ASAP, He'll be set too.

Lol yeah bulletproofed is what I would call it.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2010, 6:58 pm

Iguanaman wrote:
I'll say this now...

I CAN'T thank Dart and Joey enough for giving up their whole day (Dart's only day off after 11 straight days...I found out the night before) to work on these cars for us. I felt, frankly, like shit that we couldn't finish, so sorry, guys, for bringing something so complicated in.

Thanks also to Diallo for making the trip out from Ohio to help Reece and I out. I know he had his own car issues that kept him away much of the day, but I still appreciate the effort!

ATTENTION NEW FOLKS without a lot of experience installing halos or being around an installation...DON'T TAKE THIS LIGHTLY!!! These guys bust their asses on one of these installs, and you should know they're giving up easily half their day to do it. I know we take kind of a cavalier attitude on this site about this stuff, but this install in particular is NOT EASY.

[/soapbox]

Bullshit, its as easy as counting to 3! I do halos in 4 hrs by myself! lmfao
Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2010, 7:56 pm

Lol shawn... It would take you that long, for just taking the facia off...in between beers of course!!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2010, 8:10 pm

nice i hope Plcman gets you straightened out so you can light it up like Clark Griswald on Christmas.

yea i was doing nothing on sunday. i though you guys were doing this up north for some reason or else i would have stopped by. by the time i saw that you were doing it at darty's by looking at chris's facebook it was like 6pm.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2010, 8:30 pm

Dartboy wrote:
Lol shawn... It would take you that long, for just taking the facia off...in between beers of course!!
Na, I can get the fascia off in about 45 minutes by myself. I wouldnt attempt it after too many beers.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2010, 8:55 pm

I just went out and hooked one side up to a 6 volt battery...AWESOME. These FT amber halos look almost salmon color in daylight...but at night they're ALL amber.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2010, 8:57 pm

Salmon is just another way to say pink hahahaha sorry just giving you a hard time
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2010, 9:01 pm

Okie5.7 wrote:
Salmon is just another way to say pink hahahaha sorry just giving you a hard time

Did you hear that, Vic? He's making fun of your halos. Let's GET 'EM!
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2010, 9:10 pm

See wikipedia confirms salmon as pink
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salmon_(color)
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2010, 9:11 pm

He just wants to be like Ant and Vic that's all. Smile
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2010, 9:16 pm

eviltrycycle wrote:
He just wants to be like Ant and Vic that's all. Smile

I DO want to be like them. Speaking of which, you know...Ant just had his birthday.......
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2010, 9:17 pm

Iguanaman wrote:
Okie5.7 wrote:

Did you hear that, Vic? He's making fun of your halos. Let's GET 'EM!
Real men wear pink haha
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2010, 9:22 pm

and drive pink cars
HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 6 Dodge-challenger-srt8-pink-wallpapers_21004_1920x1440
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2010, 9:27 pm

Okie5.7 wrote:
See wikipedia confirms salmon as pink
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salmon_(color)

I stand corrected. From the chart on that page...they're more Tangelo:

HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 6 Tangel10
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2010, 9:28 pm

OK then real men wear tangelo scratch
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2010, 9:29 pm

Ok so we can drop the pink tease good while it lasted Laughing
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2010, 9:29 pm

Headtripp wrote:

Doesn' t have the same ring to it
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2010, 9:44 pm

Okie5.7 wrote:
Headtripp wrote:

Doesn' t have the same ring to it

Tangelo was just funny to me.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2010, 1:07 am

Thanks to Diallo for spending another 5 hours working on these with me tonight.

Yeah...they're not done yet.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2010, 1:56 am

Iguanaman wrote:
Thanks to Diallo for spending another 5 hours working on these with me tonight.

Yeah...they're not done yet.

wtf!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HALOs...my own personal HELL
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next