Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HALOs...my own personal HELL

Go down 
+23
RT!st!C
Dartboy
AlterEgo
Hypnotiq
Shawn1112
jesse031081
ChiTownHemi
Headtripp
xegitalian19xx
Illinois Chaos
chargerchick
HiPwr
DA H.N.I.C.
Admin
HemiMag
eviltrycycle
Mad Hatter
liljoejoe54
Hoodie
kaotik29
irishrt5.7
jontoad
Iguanaman
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2011, 11:30 pm

Plcman wrote:
I am glad you got this wired, they look real good you should see no heating at all, from the halo's. The regulator is a PWM based unit capable of well over 15 amps! The frequency pot can make them stobe to the point you can't look at them. This setup he has is custom and this wasn't an easy wiring task at all, good luck with them.

Now if anyone needs a bullet proof regulator with 2 outputs capable of 15 amps per output let me know.

I'm still running the original regulator you had with the flashtech group buy. I'm not into all that strobe stuff so it works for me. your products are great. i also have your paddle hack kit sitting here for if i ever find a grant steering wheel for the right price and get some paddles. lol.
Back to top Go down
Plcman
CAMM Rookie

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2011, 11:35 pm

I have the part# for the paddles if you need it.
When you do it you will wish you hadn't waited!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2011, 11:53 pm

Plcman wrote:

i have the part numbers somewhere... but if you want to tell me again it would save me a search. the Merc dealer that the LXforums people buy the paddles from is literally a block from my shop. i thought i saw one or two people with carbon fiber paddles. know anything about that?

its not that I'm waiting. i just want to get a danko SRT8 front lip first, also i don't want to hack up a stock wheel when i could sell it. i want to put them on one of these...

HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 9 2010-Mopar-10-Dodge-Challenger-Steering-Wheel-1280x960
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2011, 11:59 pm

Jacked

jocolor
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMay 10th 2011, 12:04 am

Iguanaman wrote:
Jacked

jocolor

this thread started in 2009. i think its jack-able by now. lol.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMay 10th 2011, 12:05 am

True enough.

Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMay 10th 2011, 12:06 am

Speaking of old threads, Jon...

Nobody has wished me a happy birthday lately...
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMay 10th 2011, 12:12 am

Happy Birthday Dave!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMay 10th 2011, 9:56 am

jontoad wrote:
Plcman wrote:

i have the part numbers somewhere... but if you want to tell me again it would save me a search. the Merc dealer that the LXforums people buy the paddles from is literally a block from my shop. i thought i saw one or two people with carbon fiber paddles. know anything about that?

its not that I'm waiting. i just want to get a danko SRT8 front lip first, also i don't want to hack up a stock wheel when i could sell it. i want to put them on one of these...

HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 9 2010-Mopar-10-Dodge-Challenger-Steering-Wheel-1280x960

Dude, what kind of steering wheel is that? Its pretty damn sweet!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMay 10th 2011, 10:51 am

It's the factory steering wheel on the mopar10 challengers.$380 bux from dodge. I found a place online that has them for $340 though.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMay 10th 2011, 7:48 pm

is it easyh to change?
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2011, 8:51 pm

I've had it.

F*** modding, F*** trying to do anything cool with my car. I've F***ing had it. I think I'm gonna sell this thing and go buy a G** Damn Ford Focus.

I told you guys my kind of luck. At dusk tonight, driving home from dinner with the family, I got pulled over for my AMBER halos. Pulled over by a Lake In The Hills officer that said they looked more red than yellow, which was how he interpreted "amber." He said I couldn't drive with them on, that they looked red coming the other way (doppler shift?). He was "nice" and only gave me a written warning. Oh, and by the way, on the same day I found out my 15 year old dog has a lump the doc is concerned could be cancerous, with my crying wife giving me the news on the phone.

So for all you guys that were talking shit when I was trying to decide color, bragging on about how you drive with your blues or reds or greens on and never get pulled over, you can suck it. See what the hell I mean with my luck? I spend 2 FUCKING YEARS getting this together, getting the mother of all regulators made to accommodate these fucking amber halos, I was the SAP who actually went out and looked up the Illinois vehicle code, ALL BECAUSE I WANTED TO BE ABLE TO DRIVE WITH THEM ON. And I'M THE ONE WHO GETS PULLED OVER!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

So if anyone wants a black, Mr. Norms tuned R/T with illegal halos and a questionable torque converter, I guess come up to Lake In The HIlls and take it out of my driveway, because I'm ready to leave the damn thing in my driveway with the keys in it and $50 on the seat for gas, so you have a chance of getting home on the 93 octane I have to put in it now.

Fucking had it.

</rant>

Last edited by Iguanaman on May 16th 2011, 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2011, 9:09 pm

hope everything goes ok with your dog man.....as far as the car i really dont think any color is legal to drive with them on ..except white....
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2011, 9:11 pm

Oh Dave. I can't believe your crappy luck. I'm so sorry to see this. I know you are upset right now but you don't want to sell your car.

Wish I was there to give you a hug.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2011, 9:19 pm

cheer up dave....... bootyshake
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2011, 9:21 pm

Im sorry to hear about your dog, I hope everything goes well.
I cant believe you got pulled over. Amber is legal, just look at how many trucks have amber lights all over the damn place, not to mention we have amber in the front from the factory and I have seen your halos lit up in person (before the regulator was hooked up) and they looked amber to me. Im glad he only gave you warning but maybe the sunlight was hitting in such a way that it gave them a reddish tint? Did you walk to the front of the car with him while the halos were on? You werent lying about your luck. But honeslty, last summer, I had my grill and my halos on all the time and never got pulled over. I even had them on while passing a "Seat belt checkpoint" and the cop gave me the thumbs up. I guess its different in Chicago cuz the cops have way more to worry about than colored lights. I know you are frustrated (rightfully so) but dont get rid of the car.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2011, 11:13 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
I know you are frustrated (rightfully so) but dont get rid of the car.

I probably won't; I'm ranting. But it's just, ...you know?...just sucks.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2011, 11:21 pm

let em give you a ticket, who cares. amber is legal by state law so it will get thrown out in court no matter what color the cop thinks "amber" is.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2011, 1:27 am

jontoad wrote:
let em give you a ticket, who cares. amber is legal by state law so it will get thrown out in court no matter what color the cop thinks "amber" is.

I was looking again tonight for that section of the Illinois vehicle code I found before...do you have a handle on the section that says it's legal?
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2011, 1:34 am

Never mind...I checked the warning. He listed me in violation of subsection (C) of this code:
http://law.onecle.com/illinois/625ilcs5/12-212.html
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2011, 6:22 am

Damn that sucks dave! Don't sell the car!!
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2011, 6:23 am

Iguanaman wrote:
Never mind...I checked the warning. He listed me in violation of subsection (C) of this code:
http://law.onecle.com/illinois/625ilcs5/12-212.html

Amber is not red. That cop has something wrong with his eyes cuz there is nothing about your halo color that makes me think red for any reason.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2012, 10:40 pm

It would be nice if I could drive with these on like I planned. It would be nice, if the installer had put in a diode like the wiring schematic showed...that would have allowed me to do that.

It's only been...oh...2 years that my center console still isn't bolted back down?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HALOs...my own personal HELL   HALOs...my own personal HELL - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HALOs...my own personal HELL
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Electronics-
Jump to: