Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trans shop referral

Go down 
+7
Shawn1112
Knuckles
The Black Stig
liljoejoe54
Illinois Chaos
jontoad
Iguanaman
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Trans shop referral - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans shop referral   Trans shop referral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2011, 9:30 pm

Nice find Jon. Now Dave is armed and ready for the dummys at Cry Lake Dodge, lol.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Trans shop referral   Trans shop referral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2011, 9:47 pm

just notice that the dodge "fix" doesn't mention anything about the clutches. hope you don't have damage to those because of the water.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Trans shop referral   Trans shop referral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2011, 10:27 pm

jontoad wrote:
just notice that the dodge "fix" doesn't mention anything about the clutches. hope you don't have damage to those because of the water.

Well, it's under extended warranty.

So any places OTHER than CL Chrysler for a good trans shop?????????
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Trans shop referral   Trans shop referral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2011, 10:56 pm

http://www.wkjeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk_2101105a.pdf

If I have trans damage that could have been avoided by dealing with this a year ago, I am going to be profoundly disappointed in Crystal Lake Chrysler. I want it F^%$'in fixed and fixed right. New transmission? Fine, but I'm not payin for it. I did my part...reporting the problem as soon as I noticed it.
Back to top Go down
Knuckles
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Trans shop referral   Trans shop referral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2011, 6:46 pm

Does anyone know of a shop that will actually install a Builder BIll rebuild kit on a NAG 1 tranny and knows what they are doing out here in Chicago? Also what would they charge to drop a tranny and install this kit as well?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Trans shop referral   Trans shop referral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2011, 9:06 pm

Knuckles wrote:
Does anyone know of a shop that will actually install a Builder BIll rebuild kit on a NAG 1 tranny and knows what they are doing out here in Chicago? Also what would they charge to drop a tranny and install this kit as well?

Thanks!
Try Tim at Mr.Norms
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Trans shop referral   Trans shop referral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2011, 1:10 am

Back to my question:

NOBODY knows ANYONE at a good trans shop that they would recommend???
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Trans shop referral   Trans shop referral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2011, 6:24 am

Knuckles wrote:

Thanks!

That's the BB valve body I believe. It's a pretty easy swap that anyone could do themselves. You don't have to drop the trans.
Back to top Go down
Knuckles
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Trans shop referral   Trans shop referral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2011, 3:00 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Knuckles wrote:

Thanks!

That's the BB valve body I believe. It's a pretty easy swap that anyone could do themselves. You don't have to drop the trans.

I have dropped my own Valvebody before to install them junky blue tops.. No I am referring to install all the clutches in the tranny like the K2 clutchs and so forth. It has to be someone who has done it before and knows how to set the clearances correctly... So the tranny would need to come out for that..

Thanks bro!
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Trans shop referral   Trans shop referral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2011, 3:13 pm

Jacked Jacked Jacked Jacked Jacked Jacked Jacked Jacked
Back to top Go down
Knuckles
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Trans shop referral   Trans shop referral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2011, 4:07 pm

Iguanaman wrote:

My bad bro... Will start my own thread....
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Trans shop referral   Trans shop referral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2011, 4:09 pm

lmao....Just goto Mr. Norms....He'll take care of ya...
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Trans shop referral   Trans shop referral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2011, 4:20 pm

Iguanaman wrote:

And this is something new?????
Jerk Off Jerk Off
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Trans shop referral   Trans shop referral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2011, 4:29 pm

i have a few customers that have automotive shops. i will ask them if they can recommend a good trans shop.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Trans shop referral   Trans shop referral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2011, 4:40 pm

ghost wrote:
i have a few customers that have automotive shops. i will ask them if they can recommend a good trans shop.

Thanks, Shawn. All I was looking for.

Wr now return you to our regularly scheduled thread hijack, already in progress...
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Trans shop referral   Trans shop referral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2011, 4:52 pm

Happy B-Day Dave!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Trans shop referral   Trans shop referral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2011, 4:53 pm

On a serious note, I really dont trust ANY trans shop. They are all crooks imo.
From what I hear Ace transmission in Streamwood is pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Trans shop referral   Trans shop referral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2011, 4:54 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Happy B-Day Dave!

Thanks, Shawn! I was hoping someone would remember.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Trans shop referral   Trans shop referral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2011, 4:57 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
On a serious note, I really dont trust ANY trans shop. They are all crooks imo.
From what I hear Ace transmission in Streamwood is pretty good.

Anyone know anybody that has used transmatic transmission in crystal lake, or advantage transmission in woodstock?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Trans shop referral   Trans shop referral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2011, 5:08 pm

Dave,
As much as I hate to say it, I would honestly have a Dodge dealer do the work.
They know our tranny's, I highly doubt a trans shop has worked on many newer Chargers if any. I just think you are opening a can of worms by going to a trans shop.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Trans shop referral   Trans shop referral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2011, 5:19 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Dave,
As much as I hate to say it, I would honestly have a Dodge dealer do the work.
They know our tranny's, I highly doubt a trans shop has worked on many newer Chargers if any. I just think you are opening a can of worms by going to a trans shop.

How about a nw suburban dodge dealer? Last few times I went, to Crystal Lake Chrysler I was underwhelmed.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Trans shop referral   Trans shop referral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2011, 5:21 pm

Wow, I didn't even notice the hijack, lol. I thought Dave was asking about the bb trans. Blue Top Noids are not junk, BTW. BB doesn't use them in his valve body, however.

Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Trans shop referral   Trans shop referral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2011, 5:32 pm

Anyone used benoy dodge in woodstock for anything?
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: Trans shop referral   Trans shop referral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2011, 7:35 pm

My neighbor is the gm at Sunnyside dodge in Mchenry, I can ask him if theyd handle it.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Trans shop referral   Trans shop referral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2011, 9:35 pm

jesse031081 wrote:
My neighbor is the gm at Sunnyside dodge in Mchenry, I can ask him if theyd handle it.

Awesome, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trans shop referral   Trans shop referral - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trans shop referral
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next