Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So, might be needing a new trans

Go down 
+9
liljoejoe54
jontoad
Yuro
Moparcharger07
stairman
ekaz
Illinois Chaos
jamesv82
Shawn1112
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

So, might be needing a new trans Empty
PostSubject: So, might be needing a new trans   So, might be needing a new trans I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2013, 11:36 pm

Like the title says, might need a trans. Pretty bummed out rite now, and getting fucked up so I dont think about it. You gotta pay to play is my thought. So went to GLD last night, ran a PB on mph, 110mph but ran a 12.5, I ran a 12.5 @ 105mph not too long ago. 60' is almost identical on both runs, so not understanding the same time but 5mph faster??? So anyway those that know me, know that I drive my shit like I stole it. Truck drove fine last night on my way home from GLD, drove fine when I took it out this morning to help my buddy move. Was going to city for a block party, and truck running fine, almost to EWay and it is holding in 2nd gear and when I would stab it to try and get it to shift it would hesitate, almost feels like traction control engaging in the snow or rain. So it freaks me out and I'm like WTF?? Dip off on to a back road and hammer it, same shit, hesitation and wont come out of 2nd. So I'm like fuck it let me get it home and figure it out, try to turn around in a driveway, put it in reverse and nothing, put it in drive nothing, wont fucking move. So I'm like maybe hit limp mode, shut her down start back up and its driving fine, shifting normal. So I go get gas, pull out of gas station check engine light goes on, pull over throw Trinity on, "cant read code" that tells me must be a trans issue. So now I say fuck it something isnt rite, turn around to go back home, same shit, holding in 2nd gear no matter what I do, hesitation and holding in 2nd. Get her home, reset trans addaptives with Trinity, go around block same shit. Disconnect negative on battery for 15 min per Ekaz, same shit. Ekaz mentioned someone had a similar issue and was a qt low on tranny fluid. Hoping thats the case, but preparing for the worst. If tranny is fucked I will be down, but not out. Will save up for a SHR, Flex Plate, and a Stall over the winter. One other issue I have been having lately is I feel it holds 2nd gear too long. The side streets by my house are all 25mph, I dont even have to put my foot on gas pedal after I start rolling and it will go up to 30-35mph and hold in 2nd gear too long imo. Other than that before today no slippage or anything else that sounds like tranny is going???
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: So, might be needing a new trans   So, might be needing a new trans I_icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2013, 12:03 am

Damn man, sorry to hear, hope its just low fluid
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: So, might be needing a new trans   So, might be needing a new trans I_icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2013, 6:11 am

Don't panic yet. Stop by the dealer and have it checked.
Back to top Go down
ekaz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: So, might be needing a new trans   So, might be needing a new trans I_icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2013, 10:57 am

Any luck checking the fluid?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: So, might be needing a new trans   So, might be needing a new trans I_icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2013, 11:17 am

ekaz wrote:
No
Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
stairman

PostSubject: Re: So, might be needing a new trans   So, might be needing a new trans I_icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2013, 1:47 pm

Oh damn Shawn, this sucks for sure. Maybe a vacuum line came off?? If you take to dealer to check trans fluid level have them check for anything else other than a new trans. In the meantime, I would save up for the SHR trans even if you don't need it now. Would come in handy in the future for more fun on the road and track Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ekaz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: So, might be needing a new trans   So, might be needing a new trans I_icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2013, 2:04 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
ekaz wrote:
No
Give me a call if you want to meet up or something. I'll throw my scanner and dipstick in the car when I go out later.
I'll throw a couple qts atf too in case its low.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: So, might be needing a new trans   So, might be needing a new trans I_icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2013, 7:26 pm

So one of the Jeep guys who is a mechanic and has a scanner came by just now. Just my luck, check engine light is gone and no codes coming up on his scanner. So we take it for a ride with scanner hooked up so he can monitor the trans. Again just my luck trans is shifting just fine, we even hit a back road and I beat the shit out of it in autostick and automatic, and nothing at all. We are both at a loss as to what happened yesterday???? When I pulled my truck back in the garage last night check engine light was on, and today its off?????
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: So, might be needing a new trans   So, might be needing a new trans I_icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2013, 7:26 pm

Going to run by dealer tomorrow just for a fluid level check, but guessing thats not the issue with it being perfectly fine today
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: So, might be needing a new trans   So, might be needing a new trans I_icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2013, 7:09 pm

Hmmmmm thats fucked up man, by disconnecting the battery it reased the current codes, and history codes. Maybe the trans was real fucking hot, in combo with "hopefully" just low fluid. I hate transmissions.... hell.... I hate everything cars LoL.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: So, might be needing a new trans   So, might be needing a new trans I_icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2013, 7:38 pm

Moparcharger07 wrote:
Hmmmmm thats fucked up man, by disconnecting the battery it reased the current codes, and history codes. Maybe the trans was real fucking hot, in combo with "hopefully" just low fluid. I hate transmissions.... hell.... I hate everything cars LoL.
Wasnt that hot bro, happened about 5 minutes after I left my house, and wasnt beating on it. Got out of work late today didnt have a chance to run by the dealer.
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

PostSubject: Re: So, might be needing a new trans   So, might be needing a new trans I_icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2013, 10:38 pm

Hope its just a speed sensor or low fluid, next time pull codes the trinity wont read thru the key trick maybe?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: So, might be needing a new trans   So, might be needing a new trans I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2013, 9:15 am

So went by Ekaz last night and pretty confident thanks to Ekaz we have the problem figured out. Input Speed Sensor is the culprit. Problem is we have to drop the pan, and VB to get to it, looks like the part is only around $40. But with that said if the VB has to come out then Blue Tops have to go in. Luckily I have worked some decent overtime last 2 weeks, so should be up and running soon.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: So, might be needing a new trans   So, might be needing a new trans I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2013, 9:20 am

You will love the blue tops. Trans will hit like a ton of bricks @ wot.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: So, might be needing a new trans   So, might be needing a new trans I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2013, 9:58 am

Ah I had a similar problem with a trans speed sensor on my truck a while back too. Glad it's a cheep fix and excuse to mod. I love my bluetops. Honestly you probably need them for the longevity of your trans anyway. Some sissys don't like the firmer  down shifts though.
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: So, might be needing a new trans   So, might be needing a new trans I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2013, 11:58 am

great to hear
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: So, might be needing a new trans   So, might be needing a new trans I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2013, 12:01 pm

jontoad wrote:
Ah I had a similar problem with a trans speed sensor on my truck a while back too. Glad it's a cheep fix and excuse to mod. I love my bluetops. Honestly you probably need them for the longevity of your trans anyway. Some sissys don't like the firmer  down shifts though.
I have always wanted them, just didnt feel like dealing with dropping pan and VB. Now i have an excuse, lol.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: So, might be needing a new trans   So, might be needing a new trans I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2013, 8:27 pm

Im glad its nothing serious.
Back to top Go down
Tom C
CAMM Pro
Tom C

PostSubject: Re: So, might be needing a new trans   So, might be needing a new trans I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2013, 6:44 am

Glad its a cheap fix. These damn electronics they put in cars now are so frustrating.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: So, might be needing a new trans   So, might be needing a new trans I_icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2013, 6:34 am

Update:
Ordered blue tops, trans pan w/drain plug, and new trans pan gasket on Saturday. My rule of thumb is if something has to come off then upgrade it. Bad news is I cant buy the sensor by itself, have to purchase the whole conductor plate that has both sensors on it. Ekaz is getting a pretty good deal thru his connection at the dealer, $230 plus tax. So as soon as I have a day from parts.com as to when I will receive my order, then I will go get the part from the dealer. So I'm hoping to be up again early next week, if not this weekend.
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: So, might be needing a new trans   So, might be needing a new trans I_icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2013, 2:56 pm

def cool to hear man.

great sig pic
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: So, might be needing a new trans   So, might be needing a new trans I_icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2013, 6:21 pm

my car was doing some funny things today. 2-3 is definately not right. Almost feels like if you were to push the clutch pedal without taking your foot off the gas.

bill
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: So, might be needing a new trans   So, might be needing a new trans I_icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2013, 9:39 pm

Mine does funny shit too ever since I bought it, going into second feels like a "stepped" type shift when normal driving, kinda hard to explain. When I'm really on it though, it shifts fine no problem. I'm not too worried about it at this point..

But yeah Shawn, glad you're gettin it worked out bro
Back to top Go down
ChicagoSRT8
CAMM Member
ChicagoSRT8

PostSubject: Re: So, might be needing a new trans   So, might be needing a new trans I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2013, 11:19 am

Have nothing to add just hope you get your problem fixed. Let us know.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: So, might be needing a new trans   So, might be needing a new trans I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2013, 7:54 pm

Well attempted to drop pan today and its hung up on the mids. Too damn hot in the garage, so tomorrow I will have to take off the mid on passenger side to get the pan out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, might be needing a new trans   So, might be needing a new trans I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, might be needing a new trans
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next