Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

installed my dpic guage.

Go down 
+3
Shawn1112
liljoejoe54
jontoad
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

installed my dpic guage. Empty
PostSubject: installed my dpic guage.   installed my dpic guage. I_icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2009, 6:32 pm

yea its cold out but i couldn't wait any longer to install my dpic guage. it was bothering me just sitting on my shelf till spring. at first i told myself ill just take it out. pre wire the harness, assemble the pod, and read the directions so i know how to use it. next thing i know i had my dash and a pillar apart running the wires...haha. i couldn't stop myself.

so no road tests on it and their wont be till theres no salt on the roads in the spring but here are some pics. i didn't want a pillar pod because my pillars are already suede, so i got a pod that mounts to the windshield right by the pillar. i think it still looks just as clean.

installed my dpic guage. 2woahzt

installed my dpic guage. 2ch2nh4

and here is what it does on start up when its calibrating. notice at the end of the vid i rocked the car forward in my seat to make it read some negative g forces. i think it hit -.01g. lol. cant wait to see what g's i can pull in the corners and on launches.

Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: installed my dpic guage.   installed my dpic guage. I_icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2009, 8:34 pm

Very nice Jon. I like the mount too. Does that measure A/F ratio too?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: installed my dpic guage.   installed my dpic guage. I_icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2009, 9:12 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
Very nice Jon. I like the mount too. Does that measure A/F ratio too?

no, it is just a power and ground wire hook up. i wired it to the cig lighter. no obd2 hookup. it is a g meter like the gtech pro but in a guage. it does....

- 0-60mph time (saves best run in memory)
- 60-0mph time
- 1/4th mile time with simulated drag tree for reaction time. shows reaction time/ET/trap speed. it also stores your best run.
- estamated horspower (if you calabrated it for the weight of your car)
- g forces. excel/decel/side to side. (also saves highest values in all 4 directions)
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: installed my dpic guage.   installed my dpic guage. I_icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2009, 9:16 pm

Thats still pretty damn cool. How accurate is it with the 0-60 and stuff? I know you havent tested it yet but maybe you read up on it.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: installed my dpic guage.   installed my dpic guage. I_icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2009, 9:17 pm

Very nice bro!
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: installed my dpic guage.   installed my dpic guage. I_icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2009, 10:02 pm

It should be within a tenth, so kinda gives you an idea. Nothing like a set of traps though as far as accurate to the hair. At least that's the way mine is. Maybe yours will be more accurate jon. That thing is sweet!~
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: installed my dpic guage.   installed my dpic guage. I_icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2009, 10:03 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
It should be within a tenth, so kinda gives you an idea. Nothing like a set of traps though as far as accurate to the hair. At least that's the way mine is. Maybe yours will be more accurate jon. That thing is sweet!~

I didnt know you had a custom gauge setup too. What did you go with?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: installed my dpic guage.   installed my dpic guage. I_icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2009, 10:18 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:

he has an 09 SRT. it has some performance computers built in. not as many options as the D-pic but its nice that it comes in the EVIC from the factory.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: installed my dpic guage.   installed my dpic guage. I_icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2009, 10:20 pm

jontoad wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:

he has an 09 SRT. it has some performance computers built in. not as many options as the D-pic but its nice that it comes in the EVIC from the factory.

Ah yes I forgot. Mr. Incredible from LX is working on a way to add those to older LX cars.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: installed my dpic guage.   installed my dpic guage. I_icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2009, 10:23 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
jontoad wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:

Ah yes I forgot. Mr. Incredible from LX is working on a way to add those to older LX cars.

i had no idea he was working on that. oh well. the guage is cooler. lol.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: installed my dpic guage.   installed my dpic guage. I_icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2009, 10:24 pm

jontoad wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:
jontoad wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:

Lol yeah no doubt. I want a pillar pod with 2 gauges. I had no idea they were so expensive though.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: installed my dpic guage.   installed my dpic guage. I_icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2009, 10:30 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
jontoad wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:
jontoad wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:

Lol yeah no doubt. I want a pillar pod with 2 gauges. I had no idea they were so expensive though.

the 3 guage pillar for my truck was like 60. what guages are you gonna use? im guessing air/fuel and trans temp? air fuel is cheap if you get narrow band and expensive if you get wide band. narrow is around 80, wide is around 250. trans temp is cheap.

the d-pic is around 130-170, but i found it for 80 on ebay new. i got the pod for 20 on ebay.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: installed my dpic guage.   installed my dpic guage. I_icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2009, 10:33 pm

jontoad wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:
jontoad wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:
jontoad wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:

the 3 guage pillar for my truck was like 60. what guages are you gonna use? im guessing air/fuel and trans temp? air fuel is cheap if you get narrow band and expensive if you get wide band. narrow is around 80, wide is around 250. trans temp is cheap.

the d-pic is around 130-170, but i found it for 80 on ebay new. i got the pod for 20 on ebay.

Im not 100% sure which ones I am going to go with. I want a wideband for sure and something like yours that shows the 0-60 and stuff. I saw a few OBDII gauges that I really liked but they were like $400. I know I want digital for sure, maybe even LCD display but they have to light up blue to match my interior.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: installed my dpic guage.   installed my dpic guage. I_icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2009, 10:47 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
jontoad wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:
jontoad wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:
jontoad wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:

Im not 100% sure which ones I am going to go with. I want a wideband for sure and something like yours that shows the 0-60 and stuff. I saw a few OBDII gauges that I really liked but they were like $400. I know I want digital for sure, maybe even LCD display but they have to light up blue to match my interior.

you could get a diablo trinity and sell your diablo predator. i think it can display like 3 guages at once that you pic out of like 40 guage options and has all the performance stuff. it even has a drag race tree like the d-pic but even more realistic.

by the way... our quoting is getting out of hand here...
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: installed my dpic guage.   installed my dpic guage. I_icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2009, 10:53 pm

Lol yeah I wont quote you this time or else it would be like 3 pages long. The trinity is really nice but I want it to fit into the pillar pod. Its just too bulky and I wouldnt know where to mount it without it being in my way. I was looking at the PLX DM-200 cuz of the customizable screen but I dont know if it does the 0-60 an stuff yet. I gotta read up on it more.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: installed my dpic guage.   installed my dpic guage. I_icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2009, 11:28 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
Lol yeah I wont quote you this time or else it would be like 3 pages long. The trinity is really nice but I want it to fit into the pillar pod. Its just too bulky and I wouldnt know where to mount it without it being in my way. I was looking at the PLX DM-200 cuz of the customizable screen but I dont know if it does the 0-60 an stuff yet. I gotta read up on it more.

i think it has the timers in it. i was looking at those guages at one point trying to find a used one. new is way to expensive for those things.

they have a lot of options but when you think about it... they cant show em all at once and i don't need that many guage options so why not save money and get them seperate. i don't need a wideband A/F till i get a little more serious with the motor anyways. i am focusing on other things before more power. i want to do braided brakelines, sway bars, wider rear tires with 10in wide wheels, power steering cooler, and rear strut brace. those mods more important to me than more power for road racing and autocross.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: installed my dpic guage.   installed my dpic guage. I_icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2009, 12:32 am

That is cool!! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: installed my dpic guage.   installed my dpic guage. I_icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2009, 8:00 am

joey i dont know if this matters to you or not but the trinity mounts into the gauge pod in the pillar w/ the adapter for like $30

or you could do what talon did and get a dashdaq and mount it to the pillar as well and display multiple gauges as well...
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: installed my dpic guage.   installed my dpic guage. I_icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2009, 2:45 pm

irishrt5.7 wrote:
joey i dont know if this matters to you or not but the trinity mounts into the gauge pod in the pillar w/ the adapter for like $30

or you could do what talon did and get a dashdaq and mount it to the pillar as well and display multiple gauges as well...

Do you have any pics of this setup? I just dont want it to stick out too much and have people be able to see the gauges without having to look for them. The Trinity isnt really small so it would stick out and someone might have the need to bust my windows and take them. If i have the 2 1/1 gauges in the pod, they sit more flush and someone might think its too much of a hassle to bother trying to steal them.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: installed my dpic guage.   installed my dpic guage. I_icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2009, 6:54 pm

I just saw it. Its not bad at all and I can still mount another gauge in the other pod. Maybe a wideband.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: installed my dpic guage.   installed my dpic guage. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2010, 10:29 am

Joey check this out... this is what i am going to do also...

http://www.chicagolandareamodernmopars.com/electronics-f17/dashdaq-xl-relocation-t929.htm?highlight=dashdaq
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: installed my dpic guage.   installed my dpic guage. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2010, 10:58 am

irishrt5.7 wrote:
Joey check this out... this is what i am going to do also...

http://www.chicagolandareamodernmopars.com/electronics-f17/dashdaq-xl-relocation-t929.htm?highlight=dashdaq

That is pretty damn nice but still a little bulky. It might get distracting while driving. But maybe not. You get it first and let me see how it looks in person, lol.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: installed my dpic guage.   installed my dpic guage. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2010, 11:06 am

Maybe a dashhawk in the pillar gauge would be better for me since its much smaller.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: installed my dpic guage.   installed my dpic guage. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2010, 11:19 am

Honestly it cant be more distracting then looking at any other gauge in the car... i had my gps mounted up in my windshield next to my mirror and had at one point the radar in the upper left corner and then a triple gauge pillar made me feel like i was in a cockpit of a fighter jet.... now i have just a dual pillar pod w/ a wideband and an open spot for the dashdaq i still have the gps mounted in the same spot and the radar moved down to the front of the windshield above the auto headlight sensor...
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: installed my dpic guage.   installed my dpic guage. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2010, 11:41 am

I still want to see it in person. But you dont think it would be distracting seeing it in the corner of my eye while im driving? I just think it sticks out too far. At least it looks like it in the pictures.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: installed my dpic guage.   installed my dpic guage. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

installed my dpic guage.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next