Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Got a new cam installed

Go down 
+5
xegitalian19xx
irishrt5.7
Shawn1112
otter1363
Metallic Blue
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blue
CAMM Member
Metallic Blue

Got a new cam installed Empty
PostSubject: Got a new cam installed   Got a new cam installed I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2010, 8:00 pm

First, apologize for not being on at all for a long time (not that I'm on much) ..... had a bunch of stuff to deal with but stuff is now settling down.

Anyway, had a Comp custom ground cam installed + the SLP under drive pulley + a dyno tune. Results are: rwhp = 367.61 and torque = 382.42.

So, the gain after the LT headers was 47 for rwhp and 17 for torque. Also had the mds turned off.

What a difference. Very happy with the perfromance and mileage (when I'm not mashing the throttle).....wanted to share the results.

Back to top Go down
otter1363
CAMM Pro
otter1363

PostSubject: Re: Got a new cam installed   Got a new cam installed I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2010, 8:21 pm

Sweet! Nothing better than mo-power Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Got a new cam installed   Got a new cam installed I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2010, 8:27 pm

Congrats, who did the work?
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blue
CAMM Member
Metallic Blue

PostSubject: Re: Got a new cam installed   Got a new cam installed I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2010, 9:27 pm

otter1363 - agreed more hp and torque is always good

Shawn1112 - Modern Muscle in Oswegeo did the install and tune. They did 2 other projects previously so I felt comfortable with their work, pricing, customer service, and especially 'cause they stand by their work.

In fact, my car's there now for another engine upgrade

Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Got a new cam installed   Got a new cam installed I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2010, 9:32 pm

Wow... well congrats on the upgrade but personally i wouldnt let them touch my car....
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Got a new cam installed   Got a new cam installed I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2010, 9:48 pm

irishrt5.7 wrote:
Wow... well congrats on the upgrade but personally i wouldnt let them touch my car....
X2................
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Got a new cam installed   Got a new cam installed I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2010, 10:10 pm

that is exactly the rwhp i have on my car from them as well...My tune putters around quite a bit....on average I stall about once a week. Can't wait to get my new tune from Mr. Norm...Just waiting on a few more key components Smile
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Got a new cam installed   Got a new cam installed I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2010, 10:10 pm

ps...glad you are happy with their work!
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Got a new cam installed   Got a new cam installed I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2010, 6:48 am

Congrats on the new go faster motor parts. No comment on the installer. If your happy then it's all good!!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blue
CAMM Member
Metallic Blue

PostSubject: Re: Got a new cam installed   Got a new cam installed I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2010, 8:04 am

Thanks everyone for you congrats-I appreciate that. And also I appreciate your candor.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Got a new cam installed   Got a new cam installed I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2010, 8:39 am

Metallic Blue wrote:
Thanks everyone for you congrats-I appreciate that. And also I appreciate your candor.
Get that beast to the track and see what she does!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blue
CAMM Member
Metallic Blue

PostSubject: Re: Got a new cam installed   Got a new cam installed I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2010, 9:08 am

Shawn1112 wrote:
Metallic Blue wrote:
Get that beast to the track and see what she does!

You must be a mind-reader......I would like that. Hopefully my almost 62 year old body still has acceptable physical reflexes. Well got to run. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: Got a new cam installed   Got a new cam installed I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2010, 12:48 pm

Yeah... Seems like MM is kind of a crap shoot lately so very glad to hear that they did good work for you and that all is well!! Enjoy the new HP and congrats!!
Back to top Go down
RT!st!C
CAMM Pro
RT!st!C

PostSubject: Re: Got a new cam installed   Got a new cam installed I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2010, 5:50 pm

congrats!
Back to top Go down
Tim@MPH
Supporting Vendor

PostSubject: Re: Got a new cam installed   Got a new cam installed I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2010, 6:34 pm

Congrats!
Enjoy the new found powa!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blue
CAMM Member
Metallic Blue

PostSubject: Re: Got a new cam installed   Got a new cam installed I_icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2010, 8:23 am

ChiTownHemi wrote:
Yeah... Seems like MM is kind of a crap shoot lately so very glad to hear that they did good work for you and that all is well!! Enjoy the new HP and congrats!!

Thanks for the congrats; will definetly enjoy the added hp. The install was well done - all is working well.

Glad to hear from you - hope you and the family and your SRT8 is doing well.

Thanks,
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blue
CAMM Member
Metallic Blue

PostSubject: Re: Got a new cam installed   Got a new cam installed I_icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2010, 8:23 am

Tim@Mr.Norm's wrote:
Congrats!
Enjoy the new found powa!

Thank you for the congrats - very kind of you and much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blue
CAMM Member
Metallic Blue

PostSubject: Re: Got a new cam installed   Got a new cam installed I_icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2010, 8:25 am

RT!st!C wrote:
congrats!

Thank you - I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got a new cam installed   Got a new cam installed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got a new cam installed
Page 1 of 1