Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

jontoads whips

Go down 
+55
beep340
Dre
moaugust88
Yuro
ekaz
WICKEDSRT8
GSB06SRT
BackNBlack
jamesv82
jlg1963
BigM
billygoat91
chicagovich
funkpolice
TgTwist
stairman
irishrt5.7
moros323
Xenon
vagrant
northsiderz
Bulldog
KevinDSClark
Okie6.1
Hypnotiq
xegitalian19xx
Moparcharger07
ghost
Pomps
The Black Stig
Srt8Mopar
sak9880
pstlgrp
RT!st!C
ChargerSRT
inkedup
HiPwr
blackhemi
liljoejoe54
bogieboy
Illinois Chaos
SScharger
kaotik29
HemiMag
Shawn1112
TheDarkKnight
ChiTownHemi
chargerchick
AR-15QUEEN
Headtripp
slg 7
firestartr420
AlterEgo
eviltrycycle
jontoad
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

jontoads whips - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2011, 8:41 pm

i wanna drive mine still fear the salt/////
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2011, 12:52 pm

so i hope people don't care that i kinda use this page for an on going update of mods... lol. i just get excited and can't keep things to myself.

small update. i ordered a 10" "real" kicker sub. a L7 solo-baric to replace the crappy factory kicker bitch sub.

i plan to make a pdf spacer and use it in the factory kicker box. i already have a kicker Zx750.1 amp that Shawn was nice enough to sell me for a good price and a remote bass control knob i bought of ebay for the amp.

should hit hard and look stock, which is what I am looking for.

its all the parts this pdf says i need to upgrade the stock kicker system (kicker made this pdf)

http://www.mysweetestangel.com/cars/srt8-kicker.pdf
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2011, 2:09 pm

Can't wait to see how this comes out.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2011, 4:12 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Can't wait to see how this comes out.

see the trick is... you wont see how it comes out. lol. should look stock.

I'm going to hide the amp in the SRT trunk storage tray. i found some pre-made pdf spacers for the sub on ebay for 12 bux. so hopefully 3/4ths is thick enough. the sub only needs a little over 6 inches of depth total.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2011, 8:26 pm

oh yea.. add it to the parts pile. lol. i would put it in tomorrow on my day off but I have to wait for the dam square spacer rings i ordered for it to fit the factory sub box...

jontoads whips - Page 6 2ns01lz

honestly i ordered it from a random website that had the lowest price. i expected to get the older style stamped base one with the small rubber around the cone. i was shocked when it showed up and is the new beefier style that most sites sell for twice the price.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2011, 10:35 pm

That's cool man, let me know when you wanna slap them bitches on!!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2011, 11:10 pm

project boom boom but look stock was a success. too late at night to tune it but it made my stock amp and sub feel pointless for the one song i listened to.

the awesome part was i didn't have to run any wires to the front of the car besides the remote bass control. with the stock kicker system you can tap into the stock sub amp signal. kicker amps have an auto turn on when they sense a audio signal imput. so no remote wire needed. the rca imputs were taken off the stock sub amp.

the install was not hard but i made it hard with my dumb ass-ness a couple times. the kicker amp only has RCA imputs even for the high level imput. i had to get speaker wire to rca adapters for the high level imput. only one problem... all speaker wire to RCA adapters use 4 wires and the stock amp only had 2 wires for the imput cause it was mono... so i thought i had that wired right but the damn amp wouldn't turn on. i was at a stand still trying to figure that out....3 hours to be exact. and the funny part is that i had it wired right the first time but i forgot to turn the amp to turn on with an audio signal instead of 12+ doh!!!! its a long 3 hours when you have the stock wiring cut up and it wont turn on when its supposed to... lol.

so its all together and working perfect. im tired as hell since i did it after working all day. so i left one or two loose ends. i didn't mount the bass control knob yet, its under the driver seat with the extra wire loomed up for now. i also need to take the sub back out of the box and run some sylicone behind the speaker spacer cause its not 100% sealed. but im sooooo happy it turned out good. its a big commitment to cut the wires going to the stock amp... i hate doing that.

making the much bigger KL7 fit the stock box with the spacer...
jontoads whips - Page 6 3463l6r

the adapters you need to get the signal imput for sound and to turn the amp on with the radio...
jontoads whips - Page 6 14sjjmr

speaker in the truck looking stock besides the better speaker...
jontoads whips - Page 6 E6xaag

amp hidden in the storage tray.
jontoads whips - Page 6 21ke0dz
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2011, 6:21 am

Cool! I always wondered about rear speakers. Are there 2 in the rear deck, or is there only sound from the sub in back? Mine sounds like it all comes from the rear sub.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2011, 6:24 am

there are 2 6x9's in the rear deck. thats where the stock sub amp is also.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2011, 7:55 am

Looks great, how does it sound?
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2011, 8:11 am

Looks good buddy....Hope it sounds good as well!
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2011, 10:52 am

Looks better than stock setup and I'm sure it sound better too
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2011, 11:56 am

Kicker FTW! Nice and clean install! Got a L7 myself.. it rocks! Live loud!
Back to top Go down
SScharger
Founding Member
Founding Member
SScharger

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2011, 3:15 pm

very nice dude!!!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2011, 8:50 pm

gonna tinker with it tomorrow to get the EQ stuff tuned in how i want it and I'll let you guys know how it sounds. it sounded real powerful when i played it for a little bit. it did sound like ill have to look into using some dynamat behind the sub a bit. i hate any vibration sounds outside the car.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2011, 8:53 pm

So any idea when the tein's are going on?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2011, 8:57 pm

the 3rd.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2011, 9:00 pm

Oh hell yeah. I'm still in for the take off suspension.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2011, 9:04 pm

Okie5.7 wrote:
Oh hell yeah. I'm still in for the take off suspension.

no problem.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2011, 9:13 pm

Be awesome to get it on your car will be on rails. Then mine will be lowered and look even better.
Back to top Go down
KevinDSClark
CAMM Pro
KevinDSClark

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2011, 9:24 pm

That is a sick couple of rides! I just got my Challenger and there are so many things I want to do to it...
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2011, 1:50 pm

so i just went to best buy and got 12sq. ft. of dynamat. that should finish the project off.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2011, 3:07 pm

jontoad wrote:
so i just went to best buy and got 12sq. ft. of dynamat. that should finish the project off.

gonna wrap yer tank? craaaaaack, lol.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2011, 3:49 pm

wrap my tank. lol. i think it can take it.

i finished the dynamat and to sum up the project it sounds exactly how i wanted it to. i can turn it up and thump the whole neighborhood if i want but thats not what i was going for. nice to know it can do it though. the doubble bass kicks on my metal songs sound amazing now. the bass line on "peace sells but whos buying" rocks out now. lol.

but back to the dynamat...

ok so im at the store buying dynamat and im looking at a kit that is 12 square feet for 60 bux and im like... damn thats expensive and i don't need that much. so i get it anyways and hell 12sq feet didn't go far. i could have used 3 times that. lol.

holy hell i can not believe the difference it made. i knew it was gonna be good when i hit the fender with my knuckle and heard a tinny ting, then threw on a piece of the stuff and hit it again and heard a deep "dunk" sound instead. it got rid of every single rattle except one. it sounds perfect in the car, no rattles, but when you stand behind it there a a small rattle from the left side of the spoiler. i tried finagling a piece up into the trunk skin on that side and got it right by the spoiler but it didn't stop it. i think i need to get some better spoiler gaskets or make one out of dynomat or something. lol. only one problem i ran out...

anyone have a small rattle from their spoiler with their systems? how did you get rid of it? id doesn't make the noise with the trunk open either.

i found that elongating the trunk striker bolt holes and moving them down so they hold the trunk lid closed better helped. also loosening the 2 bump stops for the top of the trunk behind the hinges helped too.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeApril 10th 2011, 7:54 pm

caught an ok spot to see the sunset on the way home and snapped a few for the hell of it.

jontoads whips - Page 6 Hwbxb7

jontoads whips - Page 6 344y3dh

jontoads whips - Page 6 2ciiwdy

jontoads whips - Page 6 14khdsi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

jontoads whips
Page 6 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum