Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

jontoads whips

Go down 
+55
beep340
Dre
moaugust88
Yuro
ekaz
WICKEDSRT8
GSB06SRT
BackNBlack
jamesv82
jlg1963
BigM
billygoat91
chicagovich
funkpolice
TgTwist
stairman
irishrt5.7
moros323
Xenon
vagrant
northsiderz
Bulldog
KevinDSClark
Okie6.1
Hypnotiq
xegitalian19xx
Moparcharger07
ghost
Pomps
The Black Stig
Srt8Mopar
sak9880
pstlgrp
RT!st!C
ChargerSRT
inkedup
HiPwr
blackhemi
liljoejoe54
bogieboy
Illinois Chaos
SScharger
kaotik29
HemiMag
Shawn1112
TheDarkKnight
ChiTownHemi
chargerchick
AR-15QUEEN
Headtripp
slg 7
firestartr420
AlterEgo
eviltrycycle
jontoad
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

jontoads whips - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2010, 5:28 pm

jontoad wrote:
so me and my friend Brian sold our bronco project and i got my seats back... should they go in the car or the truck? i would love them for racing but the mopar purest part of me wants to keep the original seats in the car... if i did put them in the car i would put the srt seats in the truck.

i bought these 5 years ago and they have only been sat in a hand full of times. they are pretty high end seats that make the racing seats in my truck look and feel like cheap shit. only downside is you can not recline them at all, they are a fixed 1 piece construction.

jontoads whips - Page 5 2vn3syr

If you used them in the Charger, could you mount them up on the factory rails and mounts? Or do they have to be modified and fabricated to a fixed position mount? If you could take them in and out at will, I could see buying one seat for drag racing.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2010, 7:42 pm

bogieboy wrote:
Hey Jon........ Whatcha gonna do with the seats outta your truck if ya pull em? I would be interested for the right price.......

the old passenger one is gonna be a forza game chair to put with my xbox wheel. the old driver one has a 2inch rip in it and the silver seat area on it is pretty dirty from forgetting to put a towel under my ass on the way home from work too many times. so i was gonna toss that one out.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2010, 7:50 pm

Tom i dunno what its gonna take to get them in if i do put them in the car but it can't be that hard. i had to fabricate my own adapters out of flat stock steel for the seats in my truck and it was not that hard. ill have to check, Corbeau might even make bolt in brackets for our cars now a days. thats what we had for the bronco.

like i sad though. i might just put them in the truck anyways.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2010, 8:11 pm

honestly i think they are gonna go in the truck... mostly because i want to keep my seat heaters in the car.
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2010, 8:46 pm

The Car The Car!!

those factory seats are heavy!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2010, 8:47 pm

The Black Stig wrote:
The Car The Car!!

ill have to look at it and see how hard it would be to wire the SRT seats into the truck, heaters and all.
Back to top Go down
Pomps
CAMM Pro
Pomps

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2010, 9:24 pm

Never seen or sat in them, are they comfortable?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2010, 9:37 pm

Pomps wrote:
Never seen or sat in them, are they comfortable?

super comfy cause they are a suspension seat. its like a spring suspension weave bottom with a removable cushion over it. it really forms to your body well. its just not recline-able. so if you like the ghetto lean they don't really do that. lol.
Back to top Go down
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2010, 10:47 pm

Ahh.... I didn't know how beat up the seats were.... I will pass on em..... Sounds like you got plans for em anyways.........

I'll probably get some some day.....LOL maybe even start my vintage theme..... Get some old chalky seats or something......
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2010, 10:52 pm

jontoad wrote:
The Black Stig wrote:
The Car The Car!!

ill have to look at it and see how hard it would be to wire the SRT seats into the truck, heaters and all.

Shouldn't be to bad, srsly After taking those seats out a few time...... those thing have to be 50-70lbs each.

As far the wiring it's not to bad, The recline and all just needs power, The heated seat portion is gonna need an relay to turn on/off safely, Also you will have to wire the airbag sensor in the CAR to all ways be on too(just have to complete the circuit iirc).
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2010, 11:05 pm

The Black Stig wrote:
jontoad wrote:
The Black Stig wrote:
The Car The Car!!

Shouldn't be to bad, srsly After taking those seats out a few time...... those thing have to be 50-70lbs each.

As far the wiring it's not to bad, The recline and all just needs power, The heated seat portion is gonna need an relay to turn on/off safely, Also you will have to wire the airbag sensor in the CAR to all ways be on too(just have to complete the circuit iirc).

wouldn't the air bag sensor only be for the passenger seat? the drivers air bag is on no matter what and doesn't have a sensor if I recall, which is not a big deal.
Back to top Go down
Pomps
CAMM Pro
Pomps

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2010, 12:56 am

when i did my srt seats, i have an airbag light on my dash, plus the passenger airbag light. Not sure if its the same airbag or not. Im still looking for a way to rig power to my passenger seat because the plugs didnt match. I heard its around 100 bucks to get the airbag re-calibrated
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2010, 1:20 am

jontoad wrote:
The Black Stig wrote:
jontoad wrote:
The Black Stig wrote:
The Car The Car!!

wouldn't the air bag sensor only be for the passenger seat? the drivers air bag is on no matter what and doesn't have a sensor if I recall, which is not a big deal.

Yes, and it's just an simple weight sensor just complete the circuit Smile
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2011, 4:28 pm

so i just couldn't bring myself to take the SRT seats out of the car, i might mod the skins on them some time but i want to stay with the stock shapes. so anyways... the racing seats went into the truck today. here are some pics.

taking the ford bronco brackets off and the modded Dakota rails off the old seats.

jontoads whips - Page 5 332z05s

almost done with the mods to the brackets. still had to grind off the extra on the flat stock since the old seats were way wider than these. i had to drill new holes in the Dakota rails and offset one rail about an inch and a half wider than the seat. each seat is offset towards the door to allow for clearance for the seat belt receiver on the console side. the seat belt receiver was already relocated off the stock rails from the last seat install. but what i had to do was grind it off the rails, drill a hole in the bracket, custom bend the bracket and install it on the rear seat bolt.

jontoads whips - Page 5 30k7wjm

view into the back window at the back logo on the seat.

jontoads whips - Page 5 34opill

all done.

jontoads whips - Page 5 Nc1t7m

jontoads whips - Page 5 Ng3o9h

side view of the modded rails.

jontoads whips - Page 5 6nryo9
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2011, 4:29 pm

damn.... atlest take it to the track now lol
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2011, 4:39 pm

The Black Stig wrote:
damn.... atlest take it to the track now lol

lol. the truck is between phases right now. it ran a 12.7 when i had a blower on it but its not that fast now. its not racing anytime soon. its the daily driver and winter car. i just want to get the exterior looking the way i want and cruise it for a while. only plans in the near future for the truck is some paint work, a drop kit, and maybe freshen up the trans with a rebuild and a race valve body.

when i get another daily driver some day ill build a 360 based 408 stroker for it or find a wrecked 5.7 hemi 6speed car to take the motor and trans from.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2011, 5:09 pm

Why are you peeing on the dodge logo? lol.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2011, 5:40 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:

obviously you don't remember the commercial...

dodge had a commercial around 2002 where there was a dodge sticker on the back window of a truck. the little boy (calvin) dropped down to try and piss on him and the ram comes to life, snorts, and headbutts his ass off the window.

don't you see how surprised the little boy is in that pic?
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2011, 6:08 pm

jontoad wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:

dodge had a commercial around 2002 where there was a dodge sticker on the back window of a truck. the little boy (calvin) dropped down to try and piss on him and the ram comes to life, snorts, and headbutts his ass off the window.

I want to see that lol
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2011, 6:15 pm

The Black Stig wrote:
jontoad wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:

I want to see that lol

tried to find it on the web but all i could find was people talking about the add.

a guy on our Dakota R/T forum had the stickers made and it used to get a lot of chuckles from people who had seen the add. it played on TV during sports events a lot in 2002.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2011, 2:37 pm

so the coilovers finally showed up. apparently tein closed down for the holidays for 2 weeks then they had to catch up on orders. no biggie. still waiting on the EDFC control module though.

jontoads whips - Page 5 11w6p2g

jontoads whips - Page 5 2r23d4k

jontoads whips - Page 5 4gn39d
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2011, 5:33 pm

It's gonna ride on rails now Jontoad. Wish I had the money for them
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2011, 8:14 pm

couple small updates-

I had a red BT catch can sitting around waiting for the Z-bracket i ordered to come in. it came today so i finally got my catch can on. i must say the Z-bracket is the way to go if you don't have a 5.7 engine cover (it wont fit with that engine cover) it looks bad ass and it puts the catch can in a place that is super easy to take the bottom off.

I'll get a picture of the mount when i get a chance. i was upset it only took like 15 minutes to put on. i miss wrenchin on the car.

i also almost knocked myself out. apparently the gas shocks on the hood decided they wanted to not work at all and it tried to close on my head. lol. the hood has been closed for over 3 months straight and its cold out. got it to stay open after holding it a minute or two, but i decided to order a new set of shocks anyways. they have been getting weaker anyways. i had the hood close on me twice in light wind at shows last year too.

a paddle shift wiring kit from Raymond (PLCman on lxforums) showed up too. i just decided to get it now in case he ever stops selling it since it wasn't expensive anyways. in the future ill buy a grant wheel and the paddles, just don't know when.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2011, 8:25 pm

spring fever huh! lol!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2011, 8:31 pm

ghost wrote:
spring fever huh! lol!

"spring" fever in more ways than one. my suspension is sitting next to my computer chair and i look at it everyday. lol.

i think i might drive the car around Friday since i have the day off and it says 48 and sunny...

Last edited by jontoad on March 10th 2011, 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

jontoads whips
Page 5 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Car Show :: Member Galleries-
Jump to: