Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL

Go down 
+2
MsScarlett
eviltrycycle
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL Empty
PostSubject: 7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL   7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2016, 9:51 am

Hello CAMM members, cannot believe we are on year number 7!  To celebrate our anniversary we are going to have a picnic at Busse Woods.

Sunday, July 31st
Shelter 18
Starts at 10 am CST
Ends at 6 pm CST or dusk, depends on how much you wanna picnic it up

Take the first entrance into Busse Woods from Higgins Road (closest to 290)
South side of Higgins
Busse Forest Nature Preserve, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 is what comes up in google map.  
Here is the map from their site:

7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL 13124956_10153623886179537_2280478319344708712_n

The moderators will be cooking up hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill.  Will supply buns, chips, water, plates, napkins, and toppings for the food.  We are asking those that are coming to help out with appetizers/ snacks, sides to pass, and desserts.  Also if there is anything you want to drink bring that as well.  ** NO GLASS ALLOWED  **

Last Name A through I will be asked to bring an appetizer/ snack
Last Name J through R will be asked to bring a side dish
Last Name S through Z will be asked to bring a dessert

Please post what you will be bringing so we can add it to the list.
If you need an idea of what to bring please just ask.
There is no power at the shelter so please keep that in mind.

We have room to play any lawn games that you would like to bring just keep things that are thrown around away from the cars.  The whole family is welcome to come as well.  Drinking is allowed as long as you are 50 feet away from the road and its not in a glass container.  Bring you chairs as well or a blanket to spread out on the ground.

Since this is a family friendly event and we are in public I will remind everyone no acting like asshats.  If you are speeding and doing burnouts or trying out for Fast and Furious 8 you will be asked to leave and if you are pulled over by the cops we will all laugh at you.  Probably will get bitched at for loud music so just think about where we are and use common sense.  We want everyone to have a fun relaxing day with your car where you don't have to spend hours cleaning it.

Questions let us know.

Last edited by eviltrycycle on September 22nd 2016, 9:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: 7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL   7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2016, 11:48 am

Count

Adults - 48
Kids - 16
Total - 64

Master List for Food - will update from here and from Facebook

Joe D - Meatballs
Jason and Sara F - Prima Della Meat & Cheese tray
Peter and Sue C - veggie tray
Tom and Mary C - layered taco dip
Erik and Alicia F - Spinach-artichoke dip
Danny F, wife, kiddo - buffalo chicken dip
Jonathan H -
Paul E and kiddo - ham/ cheese sliders and turkey/ cheese sliders
Rolling Thunder Ed -
DJ H -  
Tom A, Maggie M, and T3 - mac n cheese and mostacolli
Krystn and Will P - chopped salad
Jean and Arnold O - pasta salad
Paul P, wife, and 4 kiddos - Maggianos chicken salad
Andre R - arroz con gandules rice
Beata Q and kiddo -  fresh fruit salad
David K and kiddo - deviled eggs
Jackie R and Scot S and kiddo - potatoes/ onions and pasta salad
Ray L - macaroni salad
Marc P -
Ruth L -  potato salad
Joseph M -
Leka M - pinwheel sandwiches
Daniel K -
Dawn W, hubby, and kiddo - cowboy beans
Crystal T - chocolate chip sheet cake
John V -
Victor Z -
Michael S and Ellen - cookie tray
Shawn and Tammy S  - some sort of dessert
James V and the girl -
Tamara Z and 3 kiddos -
Jason, wife, and 2 kiddos - brownie bites

Last edited by eviltrycycle on July 29th 2016, 11:53 pm; edited 19 times in total
Back to top Go down
MsScarlett
MsScarlett

PostSubject: Re: 7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL   7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2016, 2:36 pm

Really looking forward to this.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: 7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL   7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2016, 4:23 pm

Crystal, anyway you can contact some of the original members from when Camm started 7 years ago. Would be nice to see some old faces
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: 7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL   7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2016, 5:12 pm

Yep I will be sending out an email to anyone that has ever signed up on CAMM with the details. I will also reach out to them on FB, the ones I can find.

This will also be posted on the CAMM Twitter feed and Instagram page so if they follow us there they will see it as well.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: 7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL   7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2016, 8:11 am

Bumping this up, hoping for a good turnout!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: 7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL   7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2016, 4:46 pm

How is this doing on FB, any commitments
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: 7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL   7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2016, 4:53 pm

25 going
20 maybe

Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: 7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL   7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2016, 8:39 pm

Nice so far so good
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: 7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL   7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2016, 9:29 pm

Yep I am happy so far, we have plenty of time. I am going shopping the Tuesday before because the Bosak Beach party is that Thursday, I leave for Red Barns on Friday and not back until Sat night so not going to have too much time but will get it all taken care of.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: 7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL   7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2016, 9:29 am

eviltrycycle wrote:
Yep I am happy so far, we have plenty of time.  I am going shopping the Tuesday before because the Bosak Beach party is that Thursday, I leave for Red Barns on Friday and not back until Sat night so not going to have too much time but will get it all taken care of.
Let me know if you need help with anything
And like I said in other thread God Damn your busy!
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: 7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL   7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2016, 10:14 am

Should be good but will for sure ask for help if I need it.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: 7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL   7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL I_icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2016, 1:14 pm

Bump, only a few weeks away. How many committed on FB, and any interest from any of the founding members??
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: 7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL   7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL I_icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2016, 1:43 pm

35 going on FB but most of those are bringing others with them too so I am thinking we are around 50 people.

25 maybes

nothing from founders another email will be going out this weekend with an update for upcoming events.

Master list of food updated and I asked on FB again today for those that are coming to let me know what they are bringing.
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: 7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL   7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2016, 5:22 pm

Why did this get moved to the pass events?
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: 7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL   7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2016, 8:59 pm

No idea I fixed it though.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: 7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL   7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL I_icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2016, 5:42 pm

Would be really cool to see people in CAMM shirts!
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: 7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL   7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL I_icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2016, 12:09 pm

I planned on going but with my move a month behind it's getting in the way of me heading out there.
Might still sneak away if I can with something for the party.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: 7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL   7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL I_icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2016, 7:32 pm

Food list updated.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: 7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL   7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL I_icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2016, 8:07 pm

We will be bringing some kind of dessert
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: 7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL   7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL I_icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2016, 8:24 pm

Cool. Smile
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: 7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL   7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2016, 5:29 pm

If anyone needs an IDEA here you go. I will remove things off if people say they are bringing something from the list.

salsa
guacamole
cheese dip
ham and cheese sliders
pinwheel sandwiches
baked beans
olive tray
antipasto tray
potato skins
bruschetta
cole slaw
macaroni salad
tortellini salad
caprese salad
egg salad
pie
tarts
cupcakes
cheesecake
rice krispie treats

We already have the following but it is ok to duplicate due to the number of people:
- veggie tray
- fruit tray (if anyone brings a whole watermelon I will Gallagher it on your car)
- taco dip
- cheese and meat tray

Also remember grocery stores have deli sections with things already made and you can also order trays ahead of time to pick up so do not let "I can't cook" stop you. Smile Also Sam's club and Costco have stuff made ahead too.

http://www.jewelosco.com/orderonline/
https://www.meijer.com/…/pa…/t1/t1-865/t2/t2-9972/T3-185.uts
http://wm13.walmart.com/Cook/Articles/Deli_Platters/649/

I really do appreciate all that are coming out and bringing food, its going to be a fun fun day!
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: 7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL   7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2016, 5:29 pm

For anyone trying to figure out how much to bring right now we are at 65 people (11 of those are kids) so you really do not need to worry about feeding EVERYONE because we are going to have so much and so many different types of foods.

If you are bringing something cool please try to bring it in your cooler where you can keep it cool until you are ready to put it out on the table. We are going to have large coolers there but they will be filled with water and the food we are cooking on the grill so that could be limited.

You can also bring a container that is larger then what your food container is and we can put ice under it to keep it cold on the table if needed.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: 7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL   7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2016, 6:03 pm

Love the uptick in people coming, looks like its going to be a fun day lots of new people coming out, lots of good food, and awesome Mopars.
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: 7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL   7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL I_icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2016, 7:38 pm

Okay everyone.......

We are having some games tomorrow! Here is the event schedule:

Event #1: 1:00 p.m. Bags Tournament - 8 Teams of 2
Event #2: 1:00 p.m. Ladder Golf - 6 Teams of 2
Event #3: 1:30 p.m. Water Balloon Toss - 12 Teams of 2
Event #4: 2:00 p.m. Water Pass - 2 Teams of 12
Event #5: 2:30 p.m. Pop the Balloon Race - 2 Teams of 12
Event #6: 3:00 p.m. Ping-Pong Spoon Relay - 2 Teams of 12

All winning team members will get to choose a MYSTERY PRIZE BAG!

Please look for the sign up sheets when you arrive! and dont' be a dud.....PARTICIPATE!

SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW!! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL   7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

7th Anniversary of CAMM Celebration - Elk Grove Village, IL
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next