Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Caliper covers or paint???

Go down 
+3
eviltrycycle
chaynick
Shawn1112
7 posters

Covers or Paint
Covers
Caliper covers or paint??? I_vote1229%Caliper covers or paint??? I_vote13
 29% [ 2 ]
Paint
Caliper covers or paint??? I_vote1271%Caliper covers or paint??? I_vote13
 71% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Caliper covers or paint??? Empty
PostSubject: Caliper covers or paint???   Caliper covers or paint??? I_icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2016, 4:24 pm

Ok so I have narrowed my rim choice down to 2 rims, both are a concave 5 star design. Which means you will see a lot of the brake caliper. Being a non Srt the calipers look like shit imo. So my choices are caliper covers in B5 Blue or I paint calipers and brackets B5 Blue and add a Mopar or Charger decal to calipers like I did on my 300. If you know me you know I take a lot of pride in doing my own shit which makes me want to paint them. Was never a fan of caliper covers, but they have grown on me over the years and I think even though they are covers, they give it a much cleaner look. Difference in price is only $100 with covers being $100 more, so that's no big deal. This ain't a thread to shit on covers as I know some members do have them. So if you are going to talk shit about covers, save it and just vote, but feel free to comment as well
Back to top Go down
chaynick
CAMM Member
chaynick

PostSubject: Re: Caliper covers or paint???   Caliper covers or paint??? I_icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2016, 5:15 pm

Personally i would do covers. Seen some pretty nice shit online. Also, covers make a calipers look bigger. Just my $.02
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Caliper covers or paint???   Caliper covers or paint??? I_icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2016, 8:30 pm

I was going to do covers but by time I got my custom color (body) and the engraving that I wanted they were up over $500.

So I have paint and will be painting them in April.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Caliper covers or paint???   Caliper covers or paint??? I_icon_minitimeJanuary 5th 2016, 8:05 am

eviltrycycle wrote:
I was going to do covers but by time I got my custom color (body) and the engraving that I wanted they were up over $500.  

So I have paint and will be painting them in April.
What color? Because if your going body match from G2 your looking at $99 a kit and I would highly advise getting 2 kits. Fuck that custom engraving shit, I'm fine with Mopar or Charger
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Caliper covers or paint???   Caliper covers or paint??? I_icon_minitimeJanuary 5th 2016, 7:08 pm

I did body color because the rims are black and I thought black would be too much, and I went with G2. But I only got one kit. I might order a 2nd just in case.
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: Caliper covers or paint???   Caliper covers or paint??? I_icon_minitimeJanuary 5th 2016, 8:29 pm

I vote paint over covers. I bought a matte black cheapo kit but never applied it when I changed to winter wheels... now I'm worried the paint might be bad.

IMO caliper covers don't look great and have zero function and can actually mess stuff up if they come loose. I'm not all about function I get the style thing but its the same reason I'm not a big fan of rims over 20 inches it just starts to look too fragile to me and I prefer my muscley cars to remain muscley but that's just my opinion. Smile
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Caliper covers or paint???   Caliper covers or paint??? I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2016, 4:42 am

when are you gonna start the stick on hood scoop poll? when it comes to caliper covers if you can't say anything nice well.... you know how that goes.

i vote paint.
Back to top Go down
MsScarlett
MsScarlett

PostSubject: Re: Caliper covers or paint???   Caliper covers or paint??? I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2016, 5:58 pm

Caliper covers or paint??? <a href=Caliper covers or paint??? 20140510_134620_zpsa72eb79d" />Caliper covers or paint??? <a href=Caliper covers or paint??? 20140510_140500_zpsbd29ca00" />

I like mine Smile

Whatever you decide to do they will look killer in B5 blue.
Back to top Go down
chaynick
CAMM Member
chaynick

PostSubject: Re: Caliper covers or paint???   Caliper covers or paint??? I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2016, 6:37 pm

I like this type. It looks like Brembo logo can be easily removed.

Caliper covers or paint??? Caliper_covers_zpshvzjxckr
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: Caliper covers or paint???   Caliper covers or paint??? I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2016, 7:53 pm

chaynick wrote:
I like this type. It looks like Brembo logo can be easily removed.

Caliper covers or paint??? Caliper_covers_zpshvzjxckr

I just re-read the OP and I know we're not supposed to badmouth covers.... but this is the type I really don't like because I can get the clean look ones but these are clearly repping like you have 6 or 8 piston calipers when you clearly don't.

If you get the clean ones and put a Mopar logo or "Mopar" on it I get it, the stock R/T units aren't very pretty. Those that enhance the the caliper like a prosthetic are suspect Smile
Back to top Go down
bl4d3runn3r
CAMM Member
bl4d3runn3r

PostSubject: Re: Caliper covers or paint???   Caliper covers or paint??? I_icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2016, 11:40 am

Paint them, covers are rice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caliper covers or paint???   Caliper covers or paint??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Caliper covers or paint???
Page 1 of 1