Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Caliper Refinish

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
392SRT8
CAMM Member
392SRT8

Caliper Refinish Empty
PostSubject: Caliper Refinish   Caliper Refinish I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2015, 7:50 pm

I see a couple sites where you can send in your Brembo calipers and get sent refurbished/repaired ones. Is there any place locally that does that without having to send them in and wait for new ones in return?

Is this something that a shop can do in a day or is it time consuming? They are faded and chipped in several spots, I assume from road wear...

Would love to have them looking as fresh as the day they came off the line.
Back to top Go down
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

Caliper Refinish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caliper Refinish   Caliper Refinish I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2015, 8:57 pm

I did mine when I was repairing/rebuilding the car couple years ago. It is not fun, but once you have the caliper off it's much easier. I wouldn't try to do them still on the car. Once I had a caliper disassembled as far as I wanted to, I used a 3M sponge type sand pad to sand them down. Then I primed it and repainted with Duplicolor kit. Then reassembled and reinstalled. I got black Brembo decals off ebay I don't have any before but here's the after.

Caliper Refinish 0211
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Caliper Refinish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caliper Refinish   Caliper Refinish I_icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2015, 6:10 am

I have used this in the past, no need to even remove the caliper if you do the brush on application. If you do go this route, first coat or 2 will look like shit, but after 3rd coat is on and dry it looks great. Then just order decals off Ebay

http://g2usa.com/
Back to top Go down
392SRT8
CAMM Member
392SRT8

Caliper Refinish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caliper Refinish   Caliper Refinish I_icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2015, 7:07 am

Unfortunately I do not have the space or tool needed for any type of DIY that involves removing wheels etc.

I need a shop!

GSB - those look great.
Back to top Go down
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

Caliper Refinish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caliper Refinish   Caliper Refinish I_icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2015, 7:20 pm

Thanks, I put a lot of time and effort on the car so I appreciate that. The G2 paint is great, probably better than the Duplicolor but I went with it because I only drive the car a couple dozen times a year in the summer. I didn't care about it lasting forever, hell, they still look like the picture it's been 2 years lol. Anyways if you did get G2 don't go to their website get it off amazon or ebay, much cheaper. VHT makes a nice caliper paint too. I've done a few sets of tails with their smoke paint. Nice products. Like you said though if you don't have the space your not gonna be able to do a good job with the wheel on. You don't need to remove the caliper, I did because I was doing other things. There is a good cordless 24V impact wrench at PepBoys in Lansing, can't recall who makes it but I have it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Caliper Refinish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caliper Refinish   Caliper Refinish I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Caliper Refinish
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Wheels and Suspension-
Jump to: