Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

82 Regal build thread

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

82 Regal build thread Empty
PostSubject: 82 Regal build thread   82 Regal build thread I_icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2015, 8:45 pm

Will get some pics up tomorrow, but anyhow I brought my new project home 2 weeks ago. You all know me and know I don't waste no time. This past Saturday I pulled the motor and trans, wasn't bad at all, expected to have to chop and grind some shit up. I had new blades for both my sawzall and 4"grinder. Only thing I had to chop up was exhaust from headers back. I was able to unbolt headers from heads with no problem prior to removing motor and trans. Had the original 231 but had some work done too it and I'm willing to bet it had a cam, judging by it having aftermarket Headman headers, Edlebrock intake, and a Holly 750 carb. Why someone did that to a 231 is beyond me???? Now I'm going to clean up the engine bay, eliminate wires and other shit that won't be needed, and probably paint the engine Bay Area while motor is out. Plan is a LS swap, either an LQ9 or LQ4, headers, intake, cam, and will be doing TB by cable. Should hopefully put me between 400-450hp. Ultimate goal is a turbo and close to 700hp, not joking! Interior is pretty fucking mint, body is eh, thought it was nicer when I bought it, just goes to show don't buy something when drunk, lol. Only major areas with rust are rockers and passenger side rear 1/4 panel. No biggie though because I'm going to wrap it anyway, so it has some serious bondo in its future. Goal is to have it up and running spring/summer time, then will worry about body and interior next winter.
Back to top Go down

82 Regal build thread
Page 1 of 1