Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dyno Tune vs Email Tune

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
A.W.
CAMM Member
A.W.

Dyno Tune vs Email Tune Empty
PostSubject: Dyno Tune vs Email Tune   Dyno Tune vs Email Tune I_icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2015, 11:13 am

I need some opinions regarding my tune situation.

Background:
I have an 06 MSRT with a cam, hi flow mid pipes, underdrive pulley, 180tstat, and 3200 stall. I am currently running an email tune via Johan. Also street tires and stock rear end.

"Issue":
My best time so far has been a 12.8 @ 109mph, 60' 2.0
There are days when the car feels strong and there are days when it falls flat on its face. My average times at the track are 13.1-13.3 @ 106-107 mph. I know weather plays a huge part but there are some days when the DA is low and I'm still running 106-107 mph.

Question:
Should I continue with the email tunes and install a AF Gauge to dial it in?

Or

Should I get a dyno tune??
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Dyno Tune vs Email Tune   Dyno Tune vs Email Tune I_icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2015, 5:27 pm

I think you are right where you should be with your mods. I don't know if a dyno tune would make a difference, but it certainly could. I'd say if you get a track tire, and cut .2 off that 60', you would be running a 12.3-12.4 @110-111mph. I saw a good deal on a getrag with a set of DSS axles on mmf this morning.

bill
Back to top Go down
A.W.
CAMM Member
A.W.

PostSubject: Re: Dyno Tune vs Email Tune   Dyno Tune vs Email Tune I_icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2015, 5:51 pm

Yeah, Getrag and drag radials are the plan for next year. Just wanted to see what others have done and what kind of results they have gotten.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Dyno Tune vs Email Tune   Dyno Tune vs Email Tune I_icon_minitimeNovember 9th 2015, 1:11 pm

I agree with Bill, remember every tenth you shave off that 60' is 2 tenths of your time. Dont think dyno tune is going to help. I still say throw a AFR gauge on there especially for track days. Your AFR varies with the weather, at the track you can make some safe small adjustments if you logged your run with an AFR gauge. I have seen some very small adjustments at the track make a couple tenths difference between runs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dyno Tune vs Email Tune   Dyno Tune vs Email Tune I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dyno Tune vs Email Tune
Page 1 of 1