Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just Got My Predator

Go down 
+7
ElusiveSRT
Sublime378
moros323
jontoad
Shawn1112
KevinDSClark
hollymolly
11 posters
AuthorMessage
hollymolly
CAMM Rookie
hollymolly

Just Got My Predator Empty
PostSubject: Just Got My Predator   Just Got My Predator I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2012, 7:38 am

Hey there everyone I just got my Predator but I wanted to know if anyone can help me with a costume tune for Jeep SRT8..or is the 93 cai okay what do you recommend.
Back to top Go down
KevinDSClark
CAMM Pro
KevinDSClark

PostSubject: Re: Just Got My Predator   Just Got My Predator I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2012, 8:38 am

I personally would not do the 93 CAI you will find that the tune is a little too aggressive unless you have done quite a bit to the car. I have found that the 91 or 93 non cai tunes tend to work betting even with a cai on the car.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Just Got My Predator   Just Got My Predator I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2012, 8:54 am

What kind of mods have you done to the Jeep?
Back to top Go down
hollymolly
CAMM Rookie
hollymolly

PostSubject: Re: Just Got My Predator   Just Got My Predator I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2012, 12:07 pm

I don't have any mods on it just cai that's all. Its not a daily driver just weekends.....And why not the 93 cai
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Just Got My Predator   Just Got My Predator I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2012, 5:01 pm

hollymolly wrote:
I don't have any mods on it just cai that's all. Its not a daily driver just weekends.....And why not the 93 cai
Not sure why not the 93 tune, but I have heard that from other people. Someone will chime in.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Just Got My Predator   Just Got My Predator I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2012, 5:08 pm

the 93 is aggressive. if you don't get good gas it can pull timing due to light knock. you can either use the 93 tune and data log it to see if you have any knock or just run the 93 tune. if you see excessive LT knock you can add a small bit of fuel or pull a small bit of timing out to get rid of it. this would be the way to get the most out of your canned tunes. if you are afraid to do that then you can just run the 91 tune with 91 or 93 octane gas. the 91 tune is less aggressive.
Back to top Go down
hollymolly
CAMM Rookie
hollymolly

PostSubject: Re: Just Got My Predator   Just Got My Predator I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2012, 9:51 pm

okay i just installed the 93 cai..and it pulls nice for my taste.Does anyone know how mutch or where to send my original file for a costume tune.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Just Got My Predator   Just Got My Predator I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2012, 10:02 pm

dunno how much but you can send your data logs to hemituner for him to adjust. if your going to do it by email you have to have data logs to send or there is nothing they can look at to adjust. i would just recommend getting a tune from Tim at Mr.Norms garage over doing that.

if all you have is a tuner you won't see any benefit from a custom tune really anyways, not enough to offset about 400 bux worth of dyno time anyways.

i would just run that canned 93 tune right now.
Back to top Go down
moros323
CAMM Pro
moros323

PostSubject: Re: Just Got My Predator   Just Got My Predator I_icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2012, 1:55 pm

I use the 93 cai and love it!!
Back to top Go down
hollymolly
CAMM Rookie
hollymolly

PostSubject: Re: Just Got My Predator   Just Got My Predator I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2012, 12:14 am

Okay that sounds good but after headers and exhaust.What kind of headers does any one recommends ? Long tube headers.......? And Thanks everyone for all your Info.
Back to top Go down
KevinDSClark
CAMM Pro
KevinDSClark

PostSubject: Re: Just Got My Predator   Just Got My Predator I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2012, 7:22 am

hollymolly wrote:

I have found on stock setups or even close to stock setups (ie with cai and exhaust ect) the more common mods that the 93 cai tune pulls timing and is just too aggressive of a tune for most engine setups. I have seen better 1/4 mile times and better 0-60 times using the 91 cai or the 93 non cai.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Just Got My Predator   Just Got My Predator I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2012, 8:03 pm

hollymolly wrote:
Okay that sounds good but after headers and exhaust.What kind of headers does any one recommends ? Long tube headers.......? And Thanks everyone for all your Info.
Headers depend on what else you plan on doing. Mild mods including cam only then you might want to go with shorty headers. If you plan on doing major mods like a heads/cam package then go with the long tubes.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Just Got My Predator   Just Got My Predator I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2012, 8:06 pm

Actually now that I think of it, I believe the srt8 headers are just fine unless you plan on major mods. Maybe one of the srt8 guys will chime in.
Back to top Go down
KevinDSClark
CAMM Pro
KevinDSClark

PostSubject: Re: Just Got My Predator   Just Got My Predator I_icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2012, 2:31 am

I have an srt8 challenger and the headers from the factory are decent. They are not great but decent unless you are going for sound and some minor HP gains I would leave them. The stock headers are really close to shortys anyway so not much reason to change unless you plan major mods like a supercharger or turbos.
Back to top Go down
KevinDSClark
CAMM Pro
KevinDSClark

PostSubject: Re: Just Got My Predator   Just Got My Predator I_icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2012, 2:38 am

You would be better off if you are looking to gain a few HP getting high flow cats and your throttle body ported and your intake manifold ported and polished
Back to top Go down
Sublime378
CAMM Member
Sublime378

PostSubject: Re: Just Got My Predator   Just Got My Predator I_icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2012, 6:35 pm

can you beilvie with all the stuff I got done to my car no predator I think im going to order one some time soon
Back to top Go down
ElusiveSRT
CAMM Rookie
ElusiveSRT

PostSubject: Re: Just Got My Predator   Just Got My Predator I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2012, 4:44 am

KevinDSClark wrote:
You would be better off if you are looking to gain a few HP getting high flow cats and your throttle body ported and your intake manifold ported and polished

Where can one get this done in IL?
Back to top Go down
osoish08
CAMM Member
osoish08

PostSubject: Re: Just Got My Predator   Just Got My Predator I_icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2012, 9:06 am

I know this tread is a little old but you might still need some assistance if you still have your jeep. I have a jeep as well. Now, my question to you would be what is your goal for the Jeep? Headers and heads will give you HP no matter what. But without supporting mods/ the right tune you will not be using them to the full potential. As for your can tune, I would change it to the 91 CAI. The 93 has too much high Knock (= no good). Get a custom CMR tune…….You will love it man…..I have some info on 2 guys that most of the SRT (Jeep guys) are using. I’m actually working on tuning my jeep now. Now, if you don’t have a trinity you will need a laptop to log your runs/ whatever your tuner need for the right tune. So, I hope you have all that. If not save up for a trinity, it’s worth the money in my eyes.

As for shops around IL good question, I actually sent my intake manifold to Modern Muscle in VA. I know there is a Modern Muscle in IL don’t think they are affiliated (don’t quote me that tho). I got a stage 3 ported and polished with some extra love. They also powder coated it for me. Most of the Jeep guys I know have sent stuff out to Cali or FL.

Hit me up if you still have questions are looking for parts. Where you located would like to take a look at the Jeep man........
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Just Got My Predator   Just Got My Predator I_icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2012, 10:43 am

A lot of us use Mr. Norms for custom tuning, Tim is the man for tuning.
Back to top Go down
moparmarc
CAMM Pro
moparmarc

PostSubject: Re: Just Got My Predator   Just Got My Predator I_icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2012, 12:18 am

i just put the 93 cali tune on my charger. first trip with it to grove in the am..
Back to top Go down
KTCHUP
CAMM Member
KTCHUP

PostSubject: To Custom Tune or Not?   Just Got My Predator I_icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2012, 12:29 pm

Is it worth the time and money to go see Tim at Mr.Norms for a 2010 SRT with a CAI, Corsa Exhaust, 180 Degree Thermostat, and Predator for a custom tune? I have some gutted mid pipes lined up too for install locally. Opinions please
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Just Got My Predator   Just Got My Predator I_icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2012, 6:44 am

You will gain 17-20 rwhp with a dyno tune.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Got My Predator   Just Got My Predator I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just Got My Predator
Page 1 of 1