Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Emissions tune

Go down 
+4
jesse031081
funkpolice
HiPwr
Shawn1112
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Emissions tune Empty
PostSubject: Emissions tune   Emissions tune I_icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2014, 7:12 pm

If anyone here is having issues passing emissions or you are letting emissions hold you back from doing certain mods. Fear no more, I just passed emissions with a tune from Johan. I have aftermarket long tube headers and hi flo cats along with heads/cam. I also know another local guy (SykSS) with no cats and a turbo and he too will pass. I emailed Johan a copy of my tune I'm running from Tim, Johan did a small revision to get it to pass.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

Emissions tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions tune   Emissions tune I_icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2014, 7:15 pm

I never had an issue with Tim's dyno tune, new cam, and Blastin' Bob's. I figure those emissions tests are just looking for codes.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Emissions tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions tune   Emissions tune I_icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2014, 7:15 pm

Almost forgot, funny story.
When the guy at emissions test came and got me to have me sit in my car. He looks at me and says "you passed, I dont know how but you did. I thought for sure when you pulled in there was no way in hell you were passing. This thing is super loud and had every window in here shaking" I responded, " Its pretty amazing with what you can do with a computer now a days" He said, I guess so, lol
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Emissions tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions tune   Emissions tune I_icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2014, 7:19 pm

HiPwr wrote:
I never had an issue with Tim's dyno tune, new cam, and Blastin' Bob's.  I figure those emissions tests are just looking for codes.
Its the headers and cats, especially the hi flo cats or no cats that will fail you. Has something to do with the O2 sensors. In order to not throw a code, you have to turn rear O2's off after installing headers and hi flo's or no cats. What Johan does is turns them on and shows the monitors in a ready state, but has them set so check engine light wont come on. Thats kind of how it was explained to me.
In my Trinity I have 6 codes all related to O2 sensors, but the emissions test cant read them only the Trinity. Weird shit
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

Emissions tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions tune   Emissions tune I_icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2014, 7:55 pm

cool. what did johan charge you? I want to do headers, but those bolts don't look very good, and I Don't want to deal with broken header bolts.

bill
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

Emissions tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions tune   Emissions tune I_icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2014, 8:09 pm

I'm scared to take emissions!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Emissions tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions tune   Emissions tune I_icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2014, 8:38 pm

jesse031081 wrote:
I'm scared to take emissions!
You taking that beast to track this year at any time? Wouldn't mind running against you
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Emissions tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions tune   Emissions tune I_icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2014, 8:41 pm

funkpolice wrote:
cool.  what did johan charge you?  I want to do headers, but those bolts don't look very good, and I Don't want to deal with broken header bolts.

bill
Johan does tunes for donations. I sent him $100, figured that was good due to the fact all he was doing was revising Tim's tune. No changes made to any performance aspects of the tune just O2 shit
Back to top Go down
ekaz
CAMM Member

Emissions tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions tune   Emissions tune I_icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2014, 10:26 pm

Johan is good people and does awesome stuff with tuning. Only person that's ever tuned my car and never had an issue
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

Emissions tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions tune   Emissions tune I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2014, 5:37 am

Shawn, I'll probably take it out there for a couple runs this year. It should run mid 11s
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Emissions tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions tune   Emissions tune I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2014, 7:40 pm

jesse031081 wrote:
Shawn, I'll probably take it out there for a couple runs this year. It should run mid 11s
Ya and I should be running low 12's with my set up and so far 12.5 at 110 mph is my best. So "should" doesn't mean jack shit, lol. So with that said let me know when u plan on going. I will race u for a cheeseburger.
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

Emissions tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions tune   Emissions tune I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2014, 9:51 pm

Just wondering if u also tried the antifoulers beforehand?
Yep Diablotoona will do that and more, great for things like this and tuning for mods as well.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Emissions tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions tune   Emissions tune I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2014, 10:33 pm

Fuck the antifoulers. Those are like everything else, a crap shoot
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

Emissions tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions tune   Emissions tune I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2014, 10:35 pm

So touchy, just askin a question, no soupfor yoo!
Back to top Go down
ekaz
CAMM Member

Emissions tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions tune   Emissions tune I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2014, 10:58 pm

Antifoulers only worked for the 06s
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

Emissions tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions tune   Emissions tune I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2014, 11:06 pm

Cool was just wondering. Guess i will have to go with a tune when time comes. Sigh
Back to top Go down
A.W.
CAMM Member
A.W.

Emissions tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions tune   Emissions tune I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2016, 8:52 pm

Question for you all. When you all took your cars to get the emissions test done, did you do anything specific besides getting a new tune (ie. driving extra mileage, filling up gas, letting the car reach a certain temp)? I know when I had my Trinity, I just loaded the "emissions" tune and drove to the place and passed.

I now have HP Tuners and I am struggling to pass because the car reads a "not ready" status.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

Emissions tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions tune   Emissions tune I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2016, 9:13 pm

is that because your 02 sensors are turned off? I've never had to do anything to pass emissions.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

Emissions tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions tune   Emissions tune I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2016, 7:23 pm

i had to drive around on the highway for like 60 miles after i reset my car.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Emissions tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions tune   Emissions tune I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Emissions tune
Page 1 of 1