Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shop for exhaust install???

Go down 
+3
Yuro
Shawn1112
WideSpicy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
WideSpicy
CAMM Pro
WideSpicy

Shop for exhaust install??? Empty
PostSubject: Shop for exhaust install???   Shop for exhaust install??? I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2014, 11:28 am

Anyone know of any local shops that do nice work on exhausts, Got fully sponsered my Magnaflow and just got it back from the powdercoated and need to get it installed now.
Schaumburg, Bartlett areas?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Shop for exhaust install???   Shop for exhaust install??? I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2014, 12:08 pm

I'm assuming its not a direct bolt on, being you had the V6, so I would think exhaust hangers are different. If so, in all honesty I would look in to someone with exp in custom exhausts.
Back to top Go down
WideSpicy
CAMM Pro
WideSpicy

PostSubject: Re: Shop for exhaust install???   Shop for exhaust install??? I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2014, 12:43 pm

when we did the engine swap he put the SRT exhaust on it, less the cats( i have resos), so this should just be a cat back swap out
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

PostSubject: Re: Shop for exhaust install???   Shop for exhaust install??? I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2014, 12:55 pm

U can do this at home with a friend or go to any exhaust shop.and have it swapped out for about half an hour, half an hours shop pay.
Back to top Go down
WideSpicy
CAMM Pro
WideSpicy

PostSubject: Re: Shop for exhaust install???   Shop for exhaust install??? I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2014, 12:58 pm

i'd rather go to the shop only cause if there are any hiccups at least they have the parts....lol
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Shop for exhaust install???   Shop for exhaust install??? I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2014, 1:41 pm

Well it's not in Bartlett or Schaumburg but they do good work. Performance Unlimited in Ringwood/Richmond area. They installed my cut outs. They guy's name is Denny and he is pretty cool and a good guy.
Back to top Go down
WideSpicy
CAMM Pro
WideSpicy

PostSubject: Re: Shop for exhaust install???   Shop for exhaust install??? I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2014, 2:23 pm

how far is that from me Jackie? I saw them online and Twisted Pipes too, just thought it was like almost an hour away
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Shop for exhaust install???   Shop for exhaust install??? I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2014, 2:27 pm

I would drive to have it done rite. Couple places by us do good work, but not sure I would trust them working on your car.
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

PostSubject: Re: Shop for exhaust install???   Shop for exhaust install??? I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2014, 2:41 pm

I dont get it, may i ask what is getting installed? Just the catback?
Back to top Go down
WideSpicy
CAMM Pro
WideSpicy

PostSubject: Re: Shop for exhaust install???   Shop for exhaust install??? I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2014, 2:48 pm

yeah a cat back, possibly some welding....lol

@Shawn, yeah I learned my lesson with Wise Wash....lol
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Shop for exhaust install???   Shop for exhaust install??? I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2014, 3:33 pm

I live in McHenry and it is just north of me about 10 minutes. From Schaumburg I would say a good hour.
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Shop for exhaust install???   Shop for exhaust install??? I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2014, 3:33 pm

Actually Twisted Pipes is practically across the street from them too so either one you choose is about the same distance.
Back to top Go down
WideSpicy
CAMM Pro
WideSpicy

PostSubject: Re: Shop for exhaust install???   Shop for exhaust install??? I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2014, 4:05 pm

ahhhh ok thanks, its about an hour right?
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Shop for exhaust install???   Shop for exhaust install??? I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2014, 4:09 pm

Yuro wrote:
I dont get it, may i ask what is getting installed? Just the catback?

this is not a car that you want inexperienced people in someone's driveway to be working on. Best leave some of this to the professionals...
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Shop for exhaust install???   Shop for exhaust install??? I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2014, 6:09 pm

I say have Yuro do it.

do you have a picture of the powdercoat?

bill
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

PostSubject: Re: Shop for exhaust install???   Shop for exhaust install??? I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2014, 7:25 pm

funkpolice wrote:
I say have Yuro do it.

do you have a picture of the powdercoat?

bill

I so would but i need something to puthe car up on! Lol thx Bill, for having that faith in me! Lol
Back to top Go down
WideSpicy
CAMM Pro
WideSpicy

PostSubject: Re: Shop for exhaust install???   Shop for exhaust install??? I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2014, 7:32 am

I do on my phone, and on facebook. I had Vanilla Gorilla powder the mufflers and tailpipes gloss black. Anything else he would have to use very high temp coatings and i just didnt think it was necessary.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Shop for exhaust install???   Shop for exhaust install??? I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2014, 12:09 pm

WideSpicy wrote:
I do on my phone, and on facebook.  I had Vanilla Gorilla powder the mufflers and tailpipes gloss black.  Anything else he would have to use very high temp coatings and i just didnt think it was necessary.  
Good luck with that gloss black. I also had Ray do my tail pipes in gloss black because I didnt want to use the high temp coating. Within 2 weeks they looked how they do today, flat black
Back to top Go down
WideSpicy
CAMM Pro
WideSpicy

PostSubject: Re: Shop for exhaust install???   Shop for exhaust install??? I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2014, 12:50 pm

my old ones held up.....lol not like the cars driven much anymore....blacks still better than polishing them damm things...lol
Back to top Go down
WideSpicy
CAMM Pro
WideSpicy

PostSubject: Re: Shop for exhaust install???   Shop for exhaust install??? I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2014, 3:55 pm

Exhaust is on, went to Velasquez and sons on IRving Park rd, in Hanover PK, did a nice job, very inexpensive. Had to put new rear brackets on as well. The powdercoating job Vanilla Gorilla did was amazing, the gloss really makes it pop out. Couldn't be happier with the Magnaflow
Back to top Go down
ChicagoSRT8
CAMM Member
ChicagoSRT8

PostSubject: Re: Shop for exhaust install???   Shop for exhaust install??? I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2014, 1:10 pm

Since I don't get around to often...any pics of the powder coating? Mine is rested to hell.
Back to top Go down
ChicagoSRT8
CAMM Member
ChicagoSRT8

PostSubject: Re: Shop for exhaust install???   Shop for exhaust install??? I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2014, 1:11 pm

*rusted
Back to top Go down
WideSpicy
CAMM Pro
WideSpicy

PostSubject: Re: Shop for exhaust install???   Shop for exhaust install??? I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2014, 7:18 pm

Ill get them tomorrow for u.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shop for exhaust install???   Shop for exhaust install??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shop for exhaust install???
Page 1 of 1