Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Header and Exhaust install Complete!

Go down 
+7
eviltrycycle
irishrt5.7
HemiMag
Geteurdone
Shawn1112
jesse031081
Jagdcharger
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Jagdcharger
CAMM Member
Jagdcharger

Header and Exhaust install Complete! Empty
PostSubject: Header and Exhaust install Complete!   Header and Exhaust install Complete! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2009, 9:58 pm

Well it took about 10 hours and a few issues but ...wow...was it worth it, she is a beast, sounds like old school muscle. Removing the stock heat shields and manifolds was no problem at all. The first issue I ran into was that the header bolt holes didnt line up properly so I had to slightly hog out the holes. Next issue was the top center 2 bolts on the left side header,PITA!! no way to really get on them so i was forced to wrench them in 1/8th of a turn at a time, and let me tell you with lock tight on them, not an easy process. I am so glad I did not attempt this on the ground and its not something I'm likely to ever attempt again..Let me tell you with the high flow cats and 3in cat back its a very raw sounding exhaust and when you get in it, sounds like a bracket car, almost too much. Taking her to the track on wednesday and we'll see what kind of gains I picked up. Still waiting on my CMR tune from HHP.
I'll try to post up a video in the next day or so to give everybody an idea of what I'm talking about
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: Header and Exhaust install Complete!   Header and Exhaust install Complete! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2009, 10:00 pm

congrats let her it
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Header and Exhaust install Complete!   Header and Exhaust install Complete! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2009, 10:00 pm

Congrats, sound clip please!
Back to top Go down
Geteurdone
CAMM Member
Geteurdone

PostSubject: Re: Header and Exhaust install Complete!   Header and Exhaust install Complete! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2009, 7:03 am

WTG - sounds like it was an interesting project - can't wait to hear the sound clip thumbsup
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Header and Exhaust install Complete!   Header and Exhaust install Complete! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2009, 7:14 am

congrats on the install!!!
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Header and Exhaust install Complete!   Header and Exhaust install Complete! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2009, 7:31 am

congrats...
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Header and Exhaust install Complete!   Header and Exhaust install Complete! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2009, 8:58 am

Glad you got it finished dude.
Back to top Go down
Dman70
CAMM Pro
Dman70

PostSubject: Re: Header and Exhaust install Complete!   Header and Exhaust install Complete! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2009, 10:27 am

Headers are a project that is so frustrating yet so satisfying. Wear your skinned knuckles with pride. Good luck at the track.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Header and Exhaust install Complete!   Header and Exhaust install Complete! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2009, 11:16 am

Don't forget to retorque the bolts! Wink
Back to top Go down
Jagdcharger
CAMM Member
Jagdcharger

PostSubject: Re: Header and Exhaust install Complete!   Header and Exhaust install Complete! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2009, 11:49 am

[quote="elcobra44"]Don't forget to retorque the bolts! Wink[/quote

Can't wait No
Back to top Go down
blackhemi
CAMM Pro
blackhemi

PostSubject: Re: Header and Exhaust install Complete!   Header and Exhaust install Complete! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2009, 1:25 pm

want to do mine Stop
Back to top Go down
BlackTNT
CAMM Member
BlackTNT

PostSubject: Re: Header and Exhaust install Complete!   Header and Exhaust install Complete! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2009, 7:18 am

Congrats....lets hear what those bad boys sound like.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Header and Exhaust install Complete!   Header and Exhaust install Complete! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Header and Exhaust install Complete!
Page 1 of 1