Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Non Foulers (Emissions Help)

Go down 
+5
Iguanaman
Moparcharger07
Shawn1112
The Black Stig
Pomps
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pomps
CAMM Pro
Pomps

Non Foulers (Emissions Help) Empty
PostSubject: Non Foulers (Emissions Help)   Non Foulers (Emissions Help) I_icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2010, 8:18 pm

All right here we go. My emissions are due December 31st. I had my long tubes put on at the end of July of 2010. Today I made an attempt to pass emissions. I cleared the codes on my car and beat the shit out of it for about 40 miles. Took it to a testing station and was rejected. Told him I unplugged the battery to have it cleaned or some shit of that nature.

I've heard lots of talk of non foulers doing the trick. Shawn was a kind enough to give me the ones he had to try out on mine. So I slapped them on and cleared the codes, but Im still not confident this will do the trick. I then hooked up my Predator and apparently I have no option to turn my 02 sensors ON and OFF. So right now my current plan of action is to see if these codes come back. If it does, COARSE STEEL WOOL is rumored to do the trick.

Does anyone have any suggestions or valuable input to the situation at hand? Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

PostSubject: Re: Non Foulers (Emissions Help)   Non Foulers (Emissions Help) I_icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2010, 9:47 pm

FYI even if you did turn them off you would still FAIL.

What you need to is grab some washers and space to 02 sensor away, to test this will go for a drive for at least 30mins, then back turn the car off then go for an 10 min drive if the CEL doesn't come on your good.

This works usually if you can space the 02 sensor off an enough

As far as the sprakplug defoulers they do work, however there is some work involved to make them work .

You will need an ONCE 1' drill bit, & an vise

Drill the De fouler out in an vise, Make sure you have at least 1CM all round the 02 sensors "sensor", If not try again.

To test this will go for a drive for at least 30mins, then back home turn the car off for atleast 10mins, Then go for an 10-15 min drive if the CEL doesn't come on your good.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Non Foulers (Emissions Help)   Non Foulers (Emissions Help) I_icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2010, 9:55 pm

The Stig is correct, you would still fail if you turned them off. See what the foulers do, if you dont pop a code tonight get the bitch in there tomorrow and you will pass.
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

PostSubject: Re: Non Foulers (Emissions Help)   Non Foulers (Emissions Help) I_icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2010, 9:58 pm

I wish they would still do the sniff test... @school we tried it for shit and giggles one day, of the cars that had no cats, almost all of them(5 out of 7) passed emissions 4500rpm+ and wot
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Non Foulers (Emissions Help)   Non Foulers (Emissions Help) I_icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2010, 11:54 pm

Plus don't forget, if not already mentioned, ALL the monitors have to be run and complete they're cycles in order to pass as well. Even if the light is off, the monitors ALL have to be run. Have to go through this stuff at work all the time....
Back to top Go down
Pomps
CAMM Pro
Pomps

PostSubject: Re: Non Foulers (Emissions Help)   Non Foulers (Emissions Help) I_icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2010, 7:36 pm

Ok, just put the second set of non foulers on WITHOUT steel wool (for now.) and cleared the code. Put the key in accessory, and the check engine light is still flashing ten times. Does this mean it didnt work? Or is it flashing because the monitors dont know enough shit yet?

Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Non Foulers (Emissions Help)   Non Foulers (Emissions Help) I_icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2010, 6:22 am

Pomps wrote:
Ok, just put the second set of non foulers on WITHOUT steel wool (for now.) and cleared the code. Put the key in accessory, and the check engine light is still flashing ten times. Does this mean it didnt work? Or is it flashing because the monitors dont know enough shit yet?

Drive it around and get on the highway for awhile. If you dont throw a code after about 50 miles or so get it in there.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Non Foulers (Emissions Help)   Non Foulers (Emissions Help) I_icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2010, 7:16 am

Reading this thread....

I'm striking long tubes off the shopping list.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: Non Foulers (Emissions Help)   Non Foulers (Emissions Help) I_icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2010, 8:36 am

I have kooks long tube headers and all 02 sensors work.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Non Foulers (Emissions Help)   Non Foulers (Emissions Help) I_icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2010, 2:48 pm

Okie5.7 wrote:
I have kooks long tube headers and all 02 sensors work.

for now, that code will show its head, trust me
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: Non Foulers (Emissions Help)   Non Foulers (Emissions Help) I_icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2010, 3:09 pm

Well I don't really care cause when I move I am changing my plates to Oklahoma. No emission testing for me! Laughing
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Non Foulers (Emissions Help)   Non Foulers (Emissions Help) I_icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2010, 5:28 pm

Okie5.7 wrote:
Well I don't really care cause when I move I am changing my plates to Oklahoma. No emission testing for me! Laughing

lol, that is the best fix! my inlaws have property in michigan, if it ever gets real hard topass i am gonna redgister the car to that address and just leave it there for the winter.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Non Foulers (Emissions Help)   Non Foulers (Emissions Help) I_icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2010, 5:30 pm

so pomps just swung threw the shop. i threw code U0100 at the emissions place. yet it didnt show up on his diablo??? any ideas? also it looks like his cats are turned off, but when we plug the tuner in there is no option to set the O2 sensors
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Non Foulers (Emissions Help)   Non Foulers (Emissions Help) I_icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2010, 5:42 pm

ghost wrote:
so pomps just swung threw the shop. i threw code U0100 at the emissions place. yet it didnt show up on his diablo??? any ideas? also it looks like his cats are turned off, but when we plug the tuner in there is no option to set the O2 sensors
I would go on LX and ask. A lot of those guys know there shit. Not saying people on Camm dont know there shit, but there are guys like Matt on there that fucking know everything. Thats usually what I do when I cant figure something out. How about calling Tim at Mr. Norms, I'm sure he would know. Who did the install of the headers? I'm guessing a bad 02 sensor, or maybe even an exhaust leak at the headers. Where the fuck is Matt when you need him, lol.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Non Foulers (Emissions Help)   Non Foulers (Emissions Help) I_icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2010, 7:46 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
ghost wrote:
I would go on LX and ask. A lot of those guys know there shit. Not saying people on Camm dont know there shit, but there are guys like Matt on there that fucking know everything. Thats usually what I do when I cant figure something out. How about calling Tim at Mr. Norms, I'm sure he would know. Who did the install of the headers? I'm guessing a bad 02 sensor, or maybe even an exhaust leak at the headers. Where the fuck is Matt when you need him, lol.

i was kind of thinking the same thing about a bad o2 sensor, but wasnt sure.

will the egr delete pass emisions??
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Non Foulers (Emissions Help)   Non Foulers (Emissions Help) I_icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2010, 9:04 pm

ghost wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:
ghost wrote:

i was kind of thinking the same thing about a bad o2 sensor, but wasnt sure.

will the egr delete pass emisions??
Yes you will pass with the egr delete.
Back to top Go down
Pomps
CAMM Pro
Pomps

PostSubject: Re: Non Foulers (Emissions Help)   Non Foulers (Emissions Help) I_icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2010, 11:22 pm

I didnt have any check engine lights before I took it in for the tubes, which is why I dont think its a bad O2 sensor. Pm sent to tim.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Non Foulers (Emissions Help)   Non Foulers (Emissions Help) I_icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2010, 6:50 am

Pomps wrote:
I didnt have any check engine lights before I took it in for the tubes, which is why I dont think its a bad O2 sensor. Pm sent to tim.
Your better off calling Tim, sometimes it takes him awhile to answer pm's
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Non Foulers (Emissions Help)   Non Foulers (Emissions Help) I_icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2010, 11:55 am

Agree with contacting Tim or going on LX. If you did what Matt told you to do and it still won't pass those are the best next steps.

Sorry to hear its still not passing though. Sad
Back to top Go down
Pomps
CAMM Pro
Pomps

PostSubject: Re: Non Foulers (Emissions Help)   Non Foulers (Emissions Help) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 2nd 2011, 12:01 pm

Update. So I gave up trying to pass emissions 80 miles after clearing the code w/ both sets of foulers. But I looked at my odometer on my way home last night and saw that it had been exactly 100 miles since my last attempt. So for shits and giggles and went to check for they CEL dance, nothing. A fixed light. So tomorrow will be the moment of truth! I have been rejected twice, so I will do the voluntary test (which is a glorified bribe if you ask me) for 20 bucks. If I pass the voluntary test, gonna pull back in for the real one. Keep your fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
Pomps
CAMM Pro
Pomps

PostSubject: Re: Non Foulers (Emissions Help)   Non Foulers (Emissions Help) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2011, 12:31 pm

Well I finally passed! I took it to my moms mechanic friend to ensure it would pass. I dont think he did anything though, on the description of the invoice it said checked monitors; heated cats.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Non Foulers (Emissions Help)   Non Foulers (Emissions Help) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2011, 8:23 pm

blah blah blah
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Non Foulers (Emissions Help)   Non Foulers (Emissions Help) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2011, 8:59 pm

Pomps wrote:
Well I finally passed! I took it to my moms mechanic friend to ensure it would pass. I dont think he did anything though, on the description of the invoice it said checked monitors; heated cats.

It should of also said "Shafted Mike" Lol.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Non Foulers (Emissions Help)   Non Foulers (Emissions Help) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 5th 2011, 1:55 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
Pomps wrote:

It should of also said "Shafted Mike" Lol.

it should actually say, shafted mikes mom, i am sure mike didnt pay for shit!
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Non Foulers (Emissions Help)   Non Foulers (Emissions Help) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 5th 2011, 2:14 pm

isnt this the code you threw mike

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=249461
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Non Foulers (Emissions Help)   Non Foulers (Emissions Help) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Non Foulers (Emissions Help)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next