Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Now a track day....

Go down 
+18
AlterEgo
BackNBlack
firestartr420
moparmarc
osoish08
jamesv82
moaugust88
liljoejoe54
Moparcharger07
pstlgrp
chicagovich
Tom C
Shawn1112
jesse031081
KevinDSClark
jontoad
srtdoodzer
eviltrycycle
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Now a track day.... - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now a track day....   Now a track day.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeApril 8th 2013, 12:18 am

Got yer car all tucked in, safe and sound, Jon.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Now a track day....   Now a track day.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeApril 8th 2013, 12:36 am

thanks Tom. i owe you, Jesse, Crystal, and Tim big time.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Now a track day....   Now a track day.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeApril 8th 2013, 12:59 am

Glad you made it home safe Tom.

I'm going to create a new workoit plan that involves ratcheting and pushing a Dodge Charger into a trailer. We'll be rich!

Good times today. Thank you all for coming out. We will do more.
Back to top Go down
Tom C
CAMM Pro
Tom C

PostSubject: Re: Now a track day....   Now a track day.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeApril 8th 2013, 6:52 am

Had a great time seeing everyone. Will pull the pics off the camera snd try to post them. Sorry we had to leave early, had a wedding to attend.
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Now a track day....   Now a track day.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeApril 8th 2013, 7:16 am

Thanks Crystal for the stickers.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Now a track day....   Now a track day.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeApril 8th 2013, 9:03 am

le sadface... No

here was my other run from in the morning. heat soaked and spinning till second gear on the slick ass cold track. it was about .7 seconds off my normal. this run was a crap 13.2 with a embarrassing 60ft. time. i honestly can't remember the last time i ran a 13 second timeslip... i think it was back in 07 or so. lol. i don't remember the exact numbers cause i left the slip in the car which is in Mechesney Park at the moment.

Last edited by jontoad on April 8th 2013, 9:52 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Now a track day....   Now a track day.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeApril 8th 2013, 9:49 am

Boooooooooo
Back to top Go down
ChicagoSRT8
CAMM Member
ChicagoSRT8

PostSubject: Re: Now a track day....   Now a track day.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeApril 8th 2013, 11:45 am

Hey everyone. What a great day yesterday was for me. Jon sorry to hear about your car, blows.
Your car is sex on wheels!!

I had to leave unexpectedly so sorry for not saying hi to everyone.
I did run my car nonstop and raced a few of you in the proccess. That was awesome!

I ran as many times as I could with my bald street tires. Best time was a 13.5 @103 mph.
I know the car is capable of lower times. Maybe better tires n a better driver lol.
I had a lot of fun with the great weather!

On the way home I toyed around with a red Charger at unmentionable speeds and we stopped and talked for 15 minutes and told him about CAMM. Then later in the day I met up with A.W. for a transaction. Ha! Good times!!

If anyone took pictures of my ride (black charger srt8 w chally wheels) or any other pics it would be great if you could post them up.

-Danny
Back to top Go down
Tom C
CAMM Pro
Tom C

PostSubject: Re: Now a track day....   Now a track day.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeApril 8th 2013, 11:51 am

Danny

I think that I have some pictures of you at the start line. I need to pull them off the camera and post them.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Now a track day....   Now a track day.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeApril 8th 2013, 6:55 pm

ChicagoSRT8 wrote:
Hey everyone. What a great day yesterday was for me. Jon sorry to hear about your car, blows.
Your car is sex on wheels!!

I had to leave unexpectedly so sorry for not saying hi to everyone.
I did run my car nonstop and raced a few of you in the proccess. That was awesome!

I ran as many times as I could with my bald street tires. Best time was a 13.5 @103 mph.
I know the car is capable of lower times. Maybe better tires n a better driver lol.
I had a lot of fun with the great weather!

On the way home I toyed around with a red Charger at unmentionable speeds and we stopped and talked for 15 minutes and told him about CAMM. Then later in the day I met up with A.W. for a transaction. Ha! Good times!!

If anyone took pictures of my ride (black charger srt8 w chally wheels) or any other pics it would be great if you could post them up.

-Danny

WTF??? Why didnt you say whats up to us, we dont bite??? Ya you should have run a bit better than that.
Back to top Go down
ChicagoSRT8
CAMM Member
ChicagoSRT8

PostSubject: Re: Now a track day....   Now a track day.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeApril 8th 2013, 8:35 pm

You dont? Kinda dissapointing. Cooter
I was running my car nonstop. ( not the best thing to do) gold
Next time Shawn. Next time.

I know. Not a good excuse. My apologies to everyone. I love you
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Now a track day....   Now a track day.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeApril 8th 2013, 8:56 pm

ChicagoSRT8 wrote:

You dont? Kinda dissapointing. Cooter
I was running my car nonstop. ( not the best thing to do) gold
Next time Shawn. Next time.

I know. Not a good excuse. My apologies to everyone. I love you

when i saw you going over and over again all i could think was, well at least he is having fun. lol.

maybe your runs get faster as you go, but your only going to be improving on your heat soaked times. let the car cool for 2 or 3 hours between runs, or after you get off the highway to get a good time. our aluminum intake manifolds just heat soak the hell out of the motor and when it gets hot you will run at a minimum .3 seconds slower automatically in the 1/4th. your 13.5 would be at least a 13.2 if you let the car cool off and run it as little as possible in the staging lanes. it's less fun, but i find it rewarding in the time slips.

the only run i made before i broke was a heat soaked run right off the highway that honestly i was pretty embarrassed with.
Back to top Go down
BackNBlack
Founding Member
Founding Member
BackNBlack

PostSubject: Re: Now a track day....   Now a track day.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2013, 5:44 pm

jontoad wrote:
I have video. I'll check it when I get home. I started the burnout and they cut us off mid burnout to clean something off the track. I guess it fused the tires to the track or something during the delay. I tried to do my burnout when they told us it was clear and my right side half shaft snapped off in the hub instantly. Now I am that guy that everyone is running around for. I feel like an ass.

Dam... Jon! Sorry to hear about bullshit news! At least the CAMM crew got ya home.
Back to top Go down
BackNBlack
Founding Member
Founding Member
BackNBlack

PostSubject: Re: Now a track day....   Now a track day.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2013, 5:46 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Sucks for Jon, but otherwise great day. Got my truck in to the 12's, ran a 12.9, and someone got beat by a Hyundai??????

Nice times Shawn. Sad I missed yesterday! It couldn't of been a nicer day!

Hyundai????? owe do tell Mad
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Now a track day....   Now a track day.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2013, 8:09 pm

Here is one picture of each car, I believe.

I took almost 400 pics so if someone wants all the shots I got of them just let me know.

Now a track day.... - Page 6 Img_6210

Now a track day.... - Page 6 Img_6011

Now a track day.... - Page 6 Img_6110

Now a track day.... - Page 6 Img_6112

Now a track day.... - Page 6 Img_6211

Now a track day.... - Page 6 Img_6310

Now a track day.... - Page 6 Img_6010

Now a track day.... - Page 6 Img_6212

Now a track day.... - Page 6 Img_6012

Last edited by jamesv82 on April 10th 2013, 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: Now a track day....   Now a track day.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2013, 8:12 pm

Nice work James, thanks again for the photography tips too! Cool picture of my beater
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Now a track day....   Now a track day.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2013, 8:13 pm

HAHAHA, your beater. I want a better like that.

No problem, best thing to do is go out and put it in auto and just shoot. Then little by little go into the manual modes and compare. Just remember with digital just shoot and erase later.

Do you have any photo editing programs?
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: Now a track day....   Now a track day.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2013, 8:36 pm

No I dont have any, Joey told me about a site to go to download but I forgot and havent gotten around to axing him. Pm with any info please
Back to top Go down
iluvhemi
CAMM Member
iluvhemi

PostSubject: Re: Now a track day....   Now a track day.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2013, 10:56 pm

thank you james! finally, a sexy pic
Back to top Go down
ChicagoSRT8
CAMM Member
ChicagoSRT8

PostSubject: Re: Now a track day....   Now a track day.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeApril 10th 2013, 1:13 am

jontoad wrote:

when i saw you going over and over again all i could think was, well at least he is having fun. lol.

maybe your runs get faster as you go, but your only going to be improving on your heat soaked times. let the car cool for 2 or 3 hours between runs, or after you get off the highway to get a good time. our aluminum intake manifolds just heat soak the hell out of the motor and when it gets hot you will run at a minimum .3 seconds slower automatically in the 1/4th. your 13.5 would be at least a 13.2 if you let the car cool off and run it as little as possible in the staging lanes. it's less fun, but i find it rewarding in the time slips.

the only run i made before i broke was a heat soaked run right off the highway that honestly i was pretty embarrassed with.

I love it how I type for 10 minutes and the internet connection gets lots and wipes out my whole reply. Argh!!! stupid tablet.

Jon. Yea i figured people would be like what the hell is he doing going back to back nonstop. Ahahahaa.
I just wanted to get my monies worth since I only got 3 runs in like 5 hours at Byron last year and all that waiting for the next run. Plus I really wanted to finish off the remainder of my rear tires at the burnout box. Best place to do it and not get in trouble. But for sure I'll let it cool off next time. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
ChicagoSRT8
CAMM Member
ChicagoSRT8

PostSubject: Re: Now a track day....   Now a track day.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeApril 10th 2013, 1:20 am

thanks for the pics James. PM sent.
Back to top Go down
Tom C
CAMM Pro
Tom C

PostSubject: Re: Now a track day....   Now a track day.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeApril 10th 2013, 11:35 am

Nice pics James. Sorry guys, been a crazy week, on my way to DC now. Will tey and get the pics I took uploaded this weekend. They look pretty good even the guy racing with handicapped plates.
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Now a track day....   Now a track day.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeApril 10th 2013, 11:56 pm

Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
srtdoodzer
CAMM Member
srtdoodzer

PostSubject: Re: Now a track day....   Now a track day.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2013, 6:32 pm

Sorry everyone. I usually take a TON of pictures but I was having too much fun driving and talking with everyone.

Here's what I got.

https://plus.google.com/photos/103361939959813118243/albums/5866106386305076753?authkey=CK2ugIvXlvnQEw
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Now a track day....   Now a track day.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2013, 9:31 pm

Thanks!!! I have a few new fav pics of my car.

Man I need white fog lights.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now a track day....   Now a track day.... - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Now a track day....
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next