Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

At the track........

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RomeoWright
CAMM Member
RomeoWright

At the track........ Empty
PostSubject: At the track........   At the track........ I_icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2012, 9:59 am

So the past 2 times i've been out at the track i've gone into the waterbox and just when i started to do my burnout as soon as the car starts to hook up i get thrown into limp mode....this is the only time it seems to happen but lately its happened almost every time......check engine light comes on but no codes are thrown. Shut it off, turn it back on and issues gone....UNTIL i decide to make another waterbox pass if i just go around and give em a lil spin to clean them off i have no issues....anyone have any suggestions? I still have my B2B factory warranty if its something i need to have looked at but if anyone has any suggestions i'm definally listening......its more annoying then anything cause the first few times i was out at the track i could hit the waterbox and smoke em with the best of them and now its frustrating that even if i wanted to i cant........
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: At the track........   At the track........ I_icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2012, 10:20 am

if you are running on all season tires... why are you going through the water box? you'll get better times and youll hook up easier if you avoid the water. only use the water if you're on some sticky ass tires like drag radials.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: At the track........   At the track........ I_icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2012, 10:37 am

it also doesn't help not having anything to disable the traction control... there is a fuse in the front box that if you wire up a switch to it you can disable all traction control features at the flip of a switch and re-enable it the same just by flipping it back on...another thing is you need to get rid of the 22s i know you have heard that before from us but i am sure you could sell them and pick up a set of 20s or even better 18s if you are planning on turning it into a drag racing car..

you need to figure out what u are more interested in a little play or taking to shows.. i decided when i pony'd up the money for the supercharger no more car shows for me.. i didn't want that any more didn't get alot of excitement out of it..

The key thing is think about what you are wanting to do w/ the car in the future and go from there...there is alot you can do to the car to help it out and there little things that dont cost much..
Back to top Go down
RomeoWright
CAMM Member
RomeoWright

PostSubject: Re: At the track........   At the track........ I_icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2012, 10:47 am

firestartr420 wrote:
if you are running on all season tires... why are you going through the water box? you'll get better times and youll hook up easier if you avoid the water. only use the water if you're on some sticky ass tires like drag radials.

This would be fine however i've literally smoked the hell out of these 22's and after my run they are still extremely tacky, nowhere near what drag radials would be but definately more tacky then regular tires. the issue i'm having is the Sudden limp mode during a burnout....

BUT here is a pass in August...now the only mod AFTER this was the thermostat. But look how easily these smoke...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DoKqg-Pryg&feature=plcp

yesterday i was running the same tires but couldnt do a successful burnout
Back to top Go down
RomeoWright
CAMM Member
RomeoWright

PostSubject: Re: At the track........   At the track........ I_icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2012, 10:48 am

irishrt5.7 wrote:
it also doesn't help not having anything to disable the traction control... there is a fuse in the front box that if you wire up a switch to it you can disable all traction control features at the flip of a switch and re-enable it the same just by flipping it back on...another thing is you need to get rid of the 22s i know you have heard that before from us but i am sure you could sell them and pick up a set of 20s or even better 18s if you are planning on turning it into a drag racing car..

you need to figure out what u are more interested in a little play or taking to shows.. i decided when i pony'd up the money for the supercharger no more car shows for me.. i didn't want that any more didn't get alot of excitement out of it..

The key thing is think about what you are wanting to do w/ the car in the future and go from there...there is alot you can do to the car to help it out and there little things that dont cost much..

i definately know i need to get rid of the 22's when i get serious about turning it into a track car cause i'm not really a show car kinda guy it really doesnt excite me but in the meantime seeing its my ONLY car and my daily driver i'm kinda just toying around with it until the finances allow me to get another car and dedicate this one to strictly a track car. I just cant figure out this whole limp mode issue....
Back to top Go down
RomeoWright
CAMM Member
RomeoWright

PostSubject: Re: At the track........   At the track........ I_icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2012, 11:56 am

Dont know if this is a solid fix to my issue but went in n raised my rev limits then tried to simulate my wetbox aproach but did a dry solid burnout with no issues still has me a lil baffled
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: At the track........   At the track........ I_icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2012, 12:48 pm

what was your rev limiter set at prev...stock?
Back to top Go down
RomeoWright
CAMM Member
RomeoWright

PostSubject: Re: At the track........   At the track........ I_icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2012, 12:49 pm

yea i never touched it...so i think it was just at 0 for neutral and 0 for drive
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: At the track........   At the track........ I_icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2012, 2:24 pm

With street tires and giving through the water box I'm surprised you don't get yelled at. The tread picks up water and puts it on the track and that's a huge no no at the larger tracks I've Ben too. With street tires go around the box and if you have to do a burnout do it in front of the waterbox.

Congrats on getting into the 13's btw.
Back to top Go down
RomeoWright
CAMM Member
RomeoWright

PostSubject: Re: At the track........   At the track........ I_icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2012, 2:45 pm

TY and well i dont go through the waterbox lol i usually drive around it and back down
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At the track........   At the track........ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

At the track........
Page 1 of 1