Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Six flags Great America

Go down 
+14
chargerchick
ghost
Headtripp
Shawn1112
ChiTownHemi
TheDarkKnight
AlterEgo
eviltrycycle
Admin
HiPwr
ttruckinon
xegitalian19xx
HemiMag
Snappy Bitch
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Snappy Bitch
CAMM Member
Snappy Bitch

Six flags Great America Empty
PostSubject: Six flags Great America   Six flags Great America I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 8:42 am

Hi Everyone... I mentioned it to a few members on Saturday.... just trying to see if it is worth looking into or start to plan.... so would anybody be intrested in doing a get together at Great America maybe for Fright fest?
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Six flags Great America   Six flags Great America I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 8:47 am

that would sounds like fun!!!!
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Six flags Great America   Six flags Great America I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 8:51 am

it would be fun, but my big ass doesn't fit on half of the rollercoasters anymore!! So for me it's a waste of money to go to that place anymmore...
Back to top Go down
ttruckinon
CAMM Pro
ttruckinon

PostSubject: Re: Six flags Great America   Six flags Great America I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 9:01 am

They won't let me on the kiddy rides and I don't do roller coasters No 150 MPH down the front straight at Grattan and into turn 1 with my knee on the ground is fun but that first drop when the ride starts scares me silly. affraid LOL For those who do go have fun. cheers
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Six flags Great America   Six flags Great America I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 10:24 am

I've never been there. Will they allow us to drive our cars around the park?
Back to top Go down
ttruckinon
CAMM Pro
ttruckinon

PostSubject: Re: Six flags Great America   Six flags Great America I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 10:29 am

HiPwr wrote:
I've never been there. Will they allow us to drive our cars around the park?

No but I'm going to GLD next Sunday and they will let you drive it there! Trophy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Six flags Great America   Six flags Great America I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 11:17 am

I'd like to go.. Depends on cost!
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Six flags Great America   Six flags Great America I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 12:15 pm

Not a fan of roller coasters but would still be interested in going. Just depends on the day.
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Six flags Great America   Six flags Great America I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 12:31 pm

I'm not a big fan of roller coasters HOWEVER, I think it would be fun to go.
I can get tickets at $33 per person but I doubt I can get a group rate. I get them through work.

let me know.....
Back to top Go down
Snappy Bitch
CAMM Member
Snappy Bitch

PostSubject: Re: Six flags Great America   Six flags Great America I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 1:09 pm

Ok let's see how many people are intrested.... so far

Crystal
jac n vic
Matt
Hemi mag
Me n Chris
Back to top Go down
TheDarkKnight
CAMM Pro
TheDarkKnight

PostSubject: Re: Six flags Great America   Six flags Great America I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 1:38 pm

This sounds cool I am for sure interested but have to see if I can save some ca$h.
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Six flags Great America   Six flags Great America I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 5:07 pm

I think we can leave the park during the day to go and eat, right? I think you can if I'm remembering correctly. So really we could walk across the street to eat cheap instead of in the park OR we could pack a picnic lunch so we can save $$ on the food. It is expensive.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Six flags Great America   Six flags Great America I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 5:13 pm

I know the theme parks back home in FL let you leave and come back you just have to get stamped so I would assume they are all like that.

Ehh I just went to their website:

May I bring my own food and beverages into Six Flags Great America?
No outside food, beverages or coolers are allowed to be brought into Six Flags Great America. However, exceptions are made for Guests with special dietary needs to include food allergies and baby food/formula. Guest should contact Park Security or Guest Relations when they arrive at the Park for approval to bring in special dietary foods. The special dietary food containers will be marked and dated to clearly show that they have been approved for entry into the park.

How do I re-enter the park if I have to leave for some reason?
Guests who leave the park and plan to return must get a wristband or hand stamp before they leave the park at the exit/re-entry gate. Guests will not be allowed to re-enter the park after 7 p.m. Tampering with the wristband or hand stamp is a violation of Six Flags policies and is strictly forbidden.

And since its the CAMM group......
What is Six Flags Great America's alcoholic beverage policy?
No alcoholic beverages are allowed to be brought into Six Flags Parks. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the park may not leave the premises. Excessive consumption of alcohol is cause for ejection from the park without refund. No one under age 21 is permitted to consume alcoholic beverages and proper identification is required to purchase and/or consume alcoholic beverages at Six Flags Great America. Guests are prohibited from taking beer or wine purchased in the park out through the front gate.
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: Six flags Great America   Six flags Great America I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 6:05 pm

My son has food allergies and anytime we go there, we pack his food and take it right in. No questions asked. We just tell them straight up about his food allergies. The food there is horseshit. Wait, I take that back. It's expensive horseshit. So anyone that's looking to spend a TON of money on crappy food, it's a great place to go. You are definitely allowed to leave the park, walk back to your car, eat your real food, then go back in. We went a few weeks ago and saw tons of people doing that. Not sure if you can drive out and come back in. You may get stuck having to pay for parking again which is also expensive.

I remember going to fright fest about 10 years ago and it was fun. I LOVE going on roller coasters, I just CAN"T STAND waiting an hour or more in line to do it.
Back to top Go down
ttruckinon
CAMM Pro
ttruckinon

PostSubject: Re: Six flags Great America   Six flags Great America I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 6:09 pm

ChiTownHemi wrote:
My son has food allergies and anytime we go there, we pack his food and take it right in. No questions asked. We just tell them straight up about his food allergies. The food there is horseshit. Wait, I take that back. It's expensive horseshit. So anyone that's looking to spend a TON of money on crappy food, it's a great place to go. You are definitely allowed to leave the park, walk back to your car, eat your real food, then go back in. We went a few weeks ago and saw tons of people doing that. Not sure if you can drive out and come back in. You may get stuck having to pay for parking again which is also expensive.

I remember going to fright fest about 10 years ago and it was fun. I LOVE going on roller coasters, I just CAN"T STAND waiting an hour or more in line to do it.

Bring coolers with food and drink. Leave them in the car and go out to the car, eat, drink and go back in!

I are a jeneus!
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Six flags Great America   Six flags Great America I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 6:33 pm

ChiTownHemi wrote:
. . . The food there is horseshit. Wait, I take that back. It's expensive horseshit. So anyone that's looking to spend a TON of money on crappy food, it's a great place to go. . .

Maybe we could leave the park as a group and head out to Midway Airport to eat.
Back to top Go down
Snappy Bitch
CAMM Member
Snappy Bitch

PostSubject: Re: Six flags Great America   Six flags Great America I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 9:04 pm

you guys are cracking me up.....

let's first establish whose in and what date....

then I will check into what we will be doing for lunch and dinner....Leave it to the greek Mom!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Six flags Great America   Six flags Great America I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 9:23 pm

ttruckinon wrote:
ChiTownHemi wrote:

Bring coolers with food and drink. Leave them in the car and go out to the car, eat, drink and go back in!

I are a jeneus!
I dont think they let you eat in the parking lot anymore. We used to do that and someone told me you cant do it anymore1
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Six flags Great America   Six flags Great America I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 9:59 pm

I remembered they had a picnic area is that gone. They used it for familys and schools
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Six flags Great America   Six flags Great America I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 10:02 pm

how about a picnic with a stripper for entertainment? then who ever wants to stay in the parking lot for body shots and lap dances can and the rest can go back inside and wait in line for 3 hours for a 30 second ride.
Back to top Go down
Snappy Bitch
CAMM Member
Snappy Bitch

PostSubject: Re: Six flags Great America   Six flags Great America I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 10:07 pm

hey I like that idea..... you know i'm unemployed and can use money.... shall i bring my stripper pole... Wink
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Six flags Great America   Six flags Great America I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 10:10 pm

YES
ChargerWife#1 wrote:
hey I like that idea..... you know i'm unemployed and can use money.... shall i bring my stripper pole... Wink
Back to top Go down
Snappy Bitch
CAMM Member
Snappy Bitch

PostSubject: Re: Six flags Great America   Six flags Great America I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 10:11 pm

ok I checked it out...there is a group rate of $29.99 ($30.89 with taxes)... there is still picnic area that they cater...will call guest relation tomorrow and get more info...

for group rate we need 20+ people.....

possible dates:

Oct 3rd
Oct 10th
Oct 24th
oct 31st....might be to busy this day though
Back to top Go down
Snappy Bitch
CAMM Member
Snappy Bitch

PostSubject: Re: Six flags Great America   Six flags Great America I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 10:12 pm

Bring your money DAVE!!!!!! tongue
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Six flags Great America   Six flags Great America I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 10:12 pm

ChargerWife#1 wrote:

You go girl!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Six flags Great America   Six flags Great America I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Six flags Great America
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: Around Chicagoland :: Past Events Archives-
Jump to: