Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

America's Most Loved Cars

Go down 
+4
Okie6.1
vagrant
northsiderz
eviltrycycle
8 posters
AuthorMessage
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

America's Most Loved Cars Empty
PostSubject: America's Most Loved Cars   America's Most Loved Cars I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2011, 3:03 pm

America's Best Loved Cars

One of the benefits of a competitive market is that things should keep getting better. Well, it seems to be working for cars. According to J.D. Power and Associates' latest APEAL survey — which stands for Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout — new cars are more satisfying than ever.

The survey essentially boils down how much owners of new cars like the cars they bought. Every new model is scored on a 1,000 point scale and this year's average score of 781 is higher than any time since the survey was first done in 1996.

Here are the cars that ranked the highest in 13 different categories.

SUBCOMPACTS:

1st place: Ford Fiesta
2nd place: Mazda2
3rd place: Honda Fit

The new Ford Fiesta subcompact ranked highest in its category. The Mazda2 and Fit had the second- and third-highest scores. Differences in scores may not always be statistically significant, J.D. Power said.

COMPACTS:

1st place: Chevrolet Volt
2nd place: Volkswagen Golf
3rd place: Mitsubishi Lancer

It may not sell in huge numbers, but General Motors' plug-in Chevrolet Volt topped all compact cars, hybrid, electric or whatever, in owner appeal.

MIDSIZE:

1st place: Suzuki Kizashi
2nd place: Hyundai Sonata
3rd place: Kia Optima

The Kizashi is available with all-wheel-drive, something you won't find on most sedans its size and price.

LARGE:

1st place: Dodge Charger
2nd place: Ford Taurus
3rd place: Nissan Maxima

The Charger was completely redesigned for the 2011 model year. It's still available with 5.7-liter V-8 or a new V6 engine.

COMPACT SPORTY:

1st place: Volkswagen GTI
2nd place: Mini Cooper

The GTI is a sport-tuned version of the popular Golf hatchback. These two cars were the only ones to score above average in this category.

MIDSIZE SPORTY:

1st place: Dodge Challenger
2nd place: Chevrolet Camaro

Chrysler Group's Dodge brand tied BMW for the highest number category-winning models. Each had three. The Challenger and Camaro were the only two models to earn an above-average score in this category.

ENTRY PREMIUM:

1st place: Lexus IS
2nd place: BMW 3-series / Volkswagen CC

The 3-series and CC — a highly styled VW sedan — tied for second place behind Lexus's popular IS model.

MIDSIZE PREMIUM:

1st place: BMW 5-series

The 5-series was the only car to earn an above-average score in this category.

LARGE PREMIUM:

1st place: Hyundai Equus
2nd place: BMW 7-series
3rd place: Audi A8

The Equus is the costliest Hyundai model you can buy, with prices starting at nearly $60,000, but it boasts
features typically found on far more expensive cars.

MIDSIZE SUV/CROSSOVER:

1st place: Dodge Durango
2nd place: Ford Flex
3rd place: Ford Explorer

The newly redesigned Durango shares most of its engineering with the new Jeep Grand Cherokee but the Durango is available with a third-row seat and has sportier driving dynamics.

LARGE SUV/CROSSOVER:

1st place: Nissan Armada
2nd place: Chevrolet Tahoe
3rd place: Ford Expedition

All three top-ranked vehicles in this category are SUVs with classic truck-based engineering, not car-based crossovers.

LARGE PICKUP:

1st place: Ford F-150
2nd place: Chevrolet Avalanche
3rd place: Ford F-250/350

Ford's F-series trucks are the best-selling vehicles in America and have been for decades.

MINIVAN:

1st place: Honda Odyssey

The Honda Odyssey was the only minivan to score above average.
Back to top Go down
northsiderz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: America's Most Loved Cars   America's Most Loved Cars I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2011, 3:41 pm

Nice!!! I know I still love my Charger Smile
Back to top Go down
vagrant
CAMM Member
vagrant

PostSubject: Re: America's Most Loved Cars   America's Most Loved Cars I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2011, 3:43 pm

Xenon and I were just talking about this last night...go dodge!
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: America's Most Loved Cars   America's Most Loved Cars I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2011, 3:58 pm

Yeah saw this and of course dodge rocked it.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: America's Most Loved Cars   America's Most Loved Cars I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2011, 4:00 pm

Sweet!!!!
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: America's Most Loved Cars   America's Most Loved Cars I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2011, 5:31 pm

I love my big, fast, growling, American sedan.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: America's Most Loved Cars   America's Most Loved Cars I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2011, 5:47 pm

Iguanaman wrote:
I love my big, fast, growling, American sedan.

Yes sir. Im about to go drive mine just cause I can. Smile
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: America's Most Loved Cars   America's Most Loved Cars I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2011, 7:14 pm

Love mine so much it's off to the track tomorrow for mine!
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: America's Most Loved Cars   America's Most Loved Cars I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2011, 7:20 pm

i too gotta say, I love my muscle car full size sedan. and it makes me happy the Mustang never made the list... another thing i get to smear in my roommates face hahah...
Back to top Go down
Xenon
CAMM Member
Xenon

PostSubject: Re: America's Most Loved Cars   America's Most Loved Cars I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2011, 8:40 pm

Interesting is that some catagories do not have a 2nd or 3rd place..

Reason given is car had to score above average....

So if only one in that catagory placed above average,, then only one place issued..
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: America's Most Loved Cars   America's Most Loved Cars I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2011, 9:02 pm

firestartr420 wrote:
i too gotta say, I love my muscle car full size sedan. and it makes me happy the Mustang never made the list... another thing i get to smear in my roommates face hahah...

I still say I like the '05 Mustang redesign. I like the old school treatment. IMO, It's Chevy that screwed up with the Camaro design. How's it going, Transformer?
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: America's Most Loved Cars   America's Most Loved Cars I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2011, 10:55 pm

Iguanaman wrote:
firestartr420 wrote:

I still say I like the '05 Mustang redesign. I like the old school treatment. IMO, It's Chevy that screwed up with the Camaro design. How's it going, Transformer?

ok, i will agree, the new camaro is a turd in a bucket... and my roommate's mustang is an 09, so it is the nicer body style, but i have to give him crap just cuz its a ford, and i drive a mopar...
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: America's Most Loved Cars   America's Most Loved Cars I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2011, 11:03 pm

firestartr420 wrote:
Iguanaman wrote:
firestartr420 wrote:

ok, i will agree, the new camaro is a turd in a bucket... and my roommate's mustang is an 09, so it is the nicer body style, but i have to give him crap just cuz its a ford, and i drive a mopar...

Understood.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: America's Most Loved Cars   America's Most Loved Cars I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

America's Most Loved Cars
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: Knowledge Base :: Mopar News-
Jump to: