Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

re-routing vacuum hose

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

re-routing vacuum hose Empty
PostSubject: re-routing vacuum hose   re-routing vacuum hose I_icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2012, 9:58 pm

Anyone with the 5.7 re route there vacuum hose? After reading some lx topics i might paint my manifold cover and also i wanna hide the vacuum hose . I'm not totally sure about manifold yet since my engine cover is all done up already
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: re-routing vacuum hose   re-routing vacuum hose I_icon_minitimeApril 1st 2012, 6:46 pm

I did I will show you on mod night
I don't really have many close ups of it but these will give ya the idea
re-routing vacuum hose IMAG0142
re-routing vacuum hose IMAG0335
re-routing vacuum hose IMAG0336

Basically get your self some fuel line cut the ends of the existing vacuum line leaving enough to put the new hose on
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: re-routing vacuum hose   re-routing vacuum hose I_icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2012, 11:35 pm

So the fuel line slips over stock vacuum hose.I wanna paint my manifold too but since I have my cover done it's not really that important by the way your engine looks sik
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: re-routing vacuum hose   re-routing vacuum hose I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2012, 6:44 am

inkedup wrote:
So the fuel line slips over stock vacuum hose.I wanna paint my manifold too but since I have my cover done it's not really that important by the way your engine looks sik
Please dont fuck with anything that contains fuel!!!!
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: re-routing vacuum hose   re-routing vacuum hose I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2012, 8:32 am

ther's no fuel in vacuum line .well after im done it might
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: re-routing vacuum hose   re-routing vacuum hose I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2012, 8:39 am

he means if you are going to paint your manifold you have to remove the fuel lines and rails... just be careful if you do that...
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: re-routing vacuum hose   re-routing vacuum hose I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2012, 9:54 am

inkedup wrote:
Yeah I cut the ends of the hard plastic vac tubes and it just happened I had some fuel line that fit so I used it
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: re-routing vacuum hose   re-routing vacuum hose I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2012, 7:48 pm

is thae guage on fuel rail an option for mine?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: re-routing vacuum hose   re-routing vacuum hose I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2012, 8:06 pm

With aftermarket fuel rails it is
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: re-routing vacuum hose   re-routing vacuum hose I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2012, 9:10 pm

quick question i've been reading about manifold painting,they say to powder coat them.can you do that arent they plastic?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: re-routing vacuum hose   re-routing vacuum hose I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2012, 9:11 pm

inkedup wrote:
quick question i've been reading about manifold painting,they say to powder coat them.can you do that arent they plastic?
Cant "your powder coat guy" answer that? I sure hope he could!
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: re-routing vacuum hose   re-routing vacuum hose I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2012, 9:55 pm

he's in mexico possibly de-ported.....but imo it's plastic so no
i found a used one on lx for 130.thank's for the smart ass answer ...go wash your car....again lol!
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: re-routing vacuum hose   re-routing vacuum hose I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2012, 6:18 pm

Can't powder plastic so no. Need to shave it down and smooth manifold.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: re-routing vacuum hose   re-routing vacuum hose I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2012, 7:44 pm

it's too close to show season i might just wait for a week that rains alot or just do it in winter it doesn't look bad since i painted the fuel rail's
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: re-routing vacuum hose   re-routing vacuum hose I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2012, 7:59 pm

Trust me that shaving the manifold and smoothing it takes time and patience. I had 14 hrs of sanding in mine before I thru it to paint. Paul put another 4 hrs in it. So be prepared and take time and try not to fuck it up.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: re-routing vacuum hose   re-routing vacuum hose I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2012, 8:05 pm

i have a new painter paul screwed me over.i'll post pics saturday when my dash shit's installed trying to copy the center bezel.hope it turns out ok
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: re-routing vacuum hose   re-routing vacuum hose I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2012, 8:25 pm

Sucks to hear but hopefully new guy is good. I'm waiting on my spoiler to get back from airbrushing. Hopefully be back Friday so I can install it.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: re-routing vacuum hose   re-routing vacuum hose I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2012, 8:30 pm

i hope so i know that there will be a slight difference in style but hopefully they blend
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: re-routing vacuum hose   re-routing vacuum hose I_icon_minitimeApril 6th 2012, 10:46 pm

so i'm problably going to do this tommorow.i bought some 9/32 hose so it's not too big but fits over the stock hose ends.i found two good plaaces to route the hose on driver side.one is below fuel rails but i think the engine will get to hot and burn hose,the second is putting right next to the wires from coil packs.....and as for the shaving of the tabs for now i might grind them down a little bit till i paint manifold
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: re-routing vacuum hose   re-routing vacuum hose I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

re-routing vacuum hose
Page 1 of 1