Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Braided Radiator Hose

Go down 
+3
liljoejoe54
Shawn1112
Admin
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

Braided Radiator Hose Empty
PostSubject: Braided Radiator Hose   Braided Radiator Hose I_icon_minitimeJune 21st 2009, 3:19 pm

This is for you, Shawn...

Braided Radiator Hose IMG_0187

Braided Radiator Hose IMG_0185

"Spectre Industries 18 inch long x 1 3/4 inch dia. braided hose w/chrome clamps from Summit Racing. Cut the hose down a bit to fit."

⭐ http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SPE-68188/
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Braided Radiator Hose   Braided Radiator Hose I_icon_minitimeJune 21st 2009, 7:17 pm

Thanks bro, but I dont like it I want satin fittings and they dont have them. Someone else recomended this to me about a week ago. I called and they dont carry the satin fittings. Everything under my hood is satin and I think if I throw these chrome fittings on the radiator hose it wont look rite!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Braided Radiator Hose   Braided Radiator Hose I_icon_minitimeJune 21st 2009, 9:03 pm

A belt sander should make the fittings satin with the right grit paper..
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Braided Radiator Hose   Braided Radiator Hose I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2009, 7:34 am

elcobra44 wrote:
A belt sander should make the fittings satin with the right grit paper..
Do you know how to do it?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Braided Radiator Hose   Braided Radiator Hose I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2009, 2:24 pm

Never done it.. Just figured that would work.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Braided Radiator Hose   Braided Radiator Hose I_icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2009, 10:17 pm

I'm gonna order this hose since BMC is on some bullshit! This hose is 18" I measured mine and its about 13" and Summit says you can only cut it 1 1/2". Also is the diameter correct it says its 1 3/4".
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Braided Radiator Hose   Braided Radiator Hose I_icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2009, 11:18 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
I'm gonna order this hose since BMC is on some bullshit! This hose is 18" I measured mine and its about 13" and Summit says you can only cut it 1 1/2". Also is the diameter correct it says its 1 3/4".

Yeah I saw them watching your thread and I even PMed them about it and they keep ignoring. They have a lot of interest in it and the least they can do is say that they cant make it instead of being ignored.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Braided Radiator Hose   Braided Radiator Hose I_icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2009, 11:24 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:

Yeah I saw them watching your thread and I even PMed them about it and they keep ignoring. They have a lot of interest in it and the least they can do is say that they cant make it instead of being ignored.
I posted that to them also, I asked for a simple yes or no and no response!
I pmed them probably 3 or 4 times, so when I get mine from sunnit I'm gonna post it in the same thread!
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Braided Radiator Hose   Braided Radiator Hose I_icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2009, 11:28 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:

I posted that to them also, I asked for a simple yes or no and no response!
I pmed them probably 3 or 4 times, so when I get mine from sunnit I'm gonna post it in the same thread!

Haha nice! I know people can be busy but I mean how long do we have to wait for a simple yes or no?
Back to top Go down
pukkasrt8
CAMM Rookie
pukkasrt8

PostSubject: Re: Braided Radiator Hose   Braided Radiator Hose I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 8:05 pm

dont feel too bad, seems like BMC just ignore anyone who asks a question that they dont want to answer. Getting a simple yes or no out of them isnt going to happen.

Anyway, i too want the satin finish, so ill let you be the guinea pig Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Braided Radiator Hose   Braided Radiator Hose I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 10:34 pm

BMC's customer service.... Jerk Off
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Braided Radiator Hose   Braided Radiator Hose I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 10:35 pm

elcobra44 wrote:
BMC's customer service.... Jerk Off

Lol that smiley is fucking hilarious!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Braided Radiator Hose   Braided Radiator Hose I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 10:39 pm

I wish I had a rusty trombone smiley to use instead of that one though...
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Braided Radiator Hose   Braided Radiator Hose I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 10:40 pm

elcobra44 wrote:
I wish I had a rusty trombone smiley to use instead of that one though...

LMAO!!!! Im sure there is one out there somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

PostSubject: Re: Braided Radiator Hose   Braided Radiator Hose I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 12:40 pm

I'm not really a fan of the braided radiator hose.. I'm more of putting a glass tube in there with some LEDs but that's just me.. http://www.killerglass.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_75&products_id=200

As for BMC, haven't really dealt with them but haven't really heard bad things about them up till now..
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Braided Radiator Hose   Braided Radiator Hose I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 3:41 pm

they are a cock to deal with after they have your $!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Braided Radiator Hose   Braided Radiator Hose I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 5:12 pm

Does anyone know the dimensions of the upper radiator hose for a 06 Charger r/t 5.7?
Someone told me that it is 1.75" on the engine size and 1.5" on the radiator side. I thought only the 6.1 had different diameters. I called the dodge dealer by my house and of course they were no help!!
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Braided Radiator Hose   Braided Radiator Hose I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 5:40 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Does anyone know the dimensions of the upper radiator hose for a 06 Charger r/t 5.7?
Someone told me that it is 1.75" on the engine size and 1.5" on the radiator side. I thought only the 6.1 had different diameters. I called the dodge dealer by my house and of course they were no help!!

I dont think I am working tomorrow but I have a few things to do. If I have time I will take my hose off and give you all the dimensions. Are you gonna have a custom hose made up?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Braided Radiator Hose   Braided Radiator Hose I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 5:49 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:

I dont think I am working tomorrow but I have a few things to do. If I have time I will take my hose off and give you all the dimensions. Are you gonna have a custom hose made up?
Thanks bro,
No not a custom hose, but I want to order the steel braided hose from Summit and want to make sure I get the correct hose. I didnt see hoses with different diameters though. If thats the case I would have to buy a new hose from the dealer and send it to them and that costs almost $90.00
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Braided Radiator Hose   Braided Radiator Hose I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 6:00 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:

Thanks bro,
No not a custom hose, but I want to order the steel braided hose from Summit and want to make sure I get the correct hose. I didnt see hoses with different diameters though. If thats the case I would have to buy a new hose from the dealer and send it to them and that costs almost $90.00[/quote]

So you can buy a radiator hose and send it out to get braided up?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Braided Radiator Hose   Braided Radiator Hose I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 6:16 pm

Yes but its $90.00 vs $35.00, and who knows how long it will take.
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Braided Radiator Hose   Braided Radiator Hose I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 11:14 pm

I may want the Killerglass myself.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Braided Radiator Hose   Braided Radiator Hose I_icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 1:35 pm

Not to crazy about the price of the killer glass!
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

PostSubject: Re: Braided Radiator Hose   Braided Radiator Hose I_icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2009, 8:01 pm

Yeah, the price is a bit expensive but it all depends on the look you want.. You want the braided so that works better for you.. I like lights so anywhere to add an LED is for me..
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Braided Radiator Hose   Braided Radiator Hose I_icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2009, 8:53 am

Hoodie wrote:
Yeah, the price is a bit expensive but it all depends on the look you want.. You want the braided so that works better for you.. I like lights so anywhere to add an LED is for me..
I agree the killerglass looks great, Alterego has it in her Mango, and I love the look. I would rather do steel braided to match my other hoses and of course the price!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Braided Radiator Hose   Braided Radiator Hose I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Braided Radiator Hose
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Engine Bay Aesthetics-
Jump to: