Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kooks/Collectors

Go down 
+6
eviltrycycle
irishrt5.7
jesse031081
Shawn1112
Okie6.1
Illinois Chaos
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Kooks/Collectors Empty
PostSubject: Kooks/Collectors   Kooks/Collectors I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2012, 3:49 pm

Just bought some LT headers from The Colonel, Rick Harrison through 9secsrt, Mike at Pettys Garage. Anyone know or have the info on what combination of sockets and wrenches needed to do this. I'm going to tackle this one myself and just need a little tool info. so I can purchase the right shit.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

Kooks/Collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks/Collectors   Kooks/Collectors I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2012, 4:35 pm

10mm ratcheting wrench for header bolts. I can't remember the rest put its no bigger than 15mm for any of the mids bolts.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Kooks/Collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks/Collectors   Kooks/Collectors I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2012, 5:03 pm

Okie5.7 wrote:
10mm ratcheting wrench for header bolts. I can't remember the rest put its no bigger than 15mm for any of the mids bolts.

That's it a ratcheting wrench? I have a full set of tools. I just thought there were some special combinations.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

Kooks/Collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks/Collectors   Kooks/Collectors I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2012, 5:20 pm

Not really I did it on a lift with a set of ratcheting wrenches and general hand tools.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Kooks/Collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks/Collectors   Kooks/Collectors I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2012, 5:35 pm

You are going to hate life!!!!! Matt and I pulled my heads to do the headers, made life a lot easier. Maybe the 6.1 is easier. Buy OEM gaskets, the gaskets they give you are a fucking joke
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Kooks/Collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks/Collectors   Kooks/Collectors I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2012, 5:38 pm

I'll have to wait and see what else comes with the headers. I'm probably going to need to order some off road mids, a set of gaskets and bolts.
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

Kooks/Collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks/Collectors   Kooks/Collectors I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2012, 5:42 pm

The stock gaskets are the way to go. I would've bought your stock headers if you would've done this a few weeks sooner.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Kooks/Collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks/Collectors   Kooks/Collectors I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2012, 5:48 pm

Heck, I guess I just will need some mid pipes. I have oem gaskets on there now that I'll just reuse. They are aluminum and should be good to go.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Kooks/Collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks/Collectors   Kooks/Collectors I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2012, 6:13 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Heck, I guess I just will need some mid pipes. I have oem gaskets on there now that I'll just reuse. They are aluminum and should be good to go.
You are going to re-use your existing gaskets on the new headers????
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

Kooks/Collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks/Collectors   Kooks/Collectors I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2012, 6:31 pm

The gaskets coat me $13
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

Kooks/Collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks/Collectors   Kooks/Collectors I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2012, 9:02 am

tom i have a set stop by the house you can have them...
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Kooks/Collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks/Collectors   Kooks/Collectors I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2012, 11:31 am

Will do. Thanks, Brian.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

Kooks/Collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks/Collectors   Kooks/Collectors I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2012, 12:59 pm

np call me i am usually home after 5
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Kooks/Collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks/Collectors   Kooks/Collectors I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2012, 9:58 pm

Well I modified the stock gaskets that were on the car. I cut out the bottom of them so I could insert all of the bottom bolts and then hang the header onto the bolts while I inserted the top ones to make sure they all threaded in.

Heck it all looked brand new inside the shortys and one side is stainless steel. No need to replace. I'll button it up next week sometime. One more top bolt to do. The bung for the A/F gauge is on the other side. I either have enough cable to reach, or I have to get an extension. I can't wait to hear it and with the turndowns coming straight out of the collectors it looks real bad ass.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Kooks/Collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks/Collectors   Kooks/Collectors I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2012, 8:33 pm

Buttoned up the header install today. It is so bad ass I can't stand it. Went out in front of the shop on the street and did about a 100 ft. burnout and it was like a top fuel funny car. It is fricking loud!

I had to move the a/f sensor to the other side and add some wire splices to 1 o2 sensor because it was a little short.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Kooks/Collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks/Collectors   Kooks/Collectors I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2012, 9:16 pm

Sound clip fucker. How you gonna tell us about it, and do a burnout and not film it????? Tom
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Kooks/Collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks/Collectors   Kooks/Collectors I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2012, 6:02 am

Come to Byron Sun. fucker. Tim is bringing Touts car and I'm finally ready. Touts Furious Fuscia Chally is badd. It does 9's. Mine? Find out on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Kooks/Collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks/Collectors   Kooks/Collectors I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2012, 6:31 am

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Come to Byron Sun. fucker. Tim is bringing Touts car and I'm finally ready. Touts Furious Fuscia Chally is badd. It does 9's. Mine? Find out on Sunday.
What time, this is pretty much my last free weekend for about a month. Maybe Brandon and I will come up there
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

Kooks/Collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks/Collectors   Kooks/Collectors I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2012, 8:58 am

hey maybe we will join also...
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

Kooks/Collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks/Collectors   Kooks/Collectors I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2012, 9:01 am

im not running yet though.. just going to watch...ill bring hannah and deb... what time should we be there?
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Kooks/Collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks/Collectors   Kooks/Collectors I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2012, 9:15 am

Gates open at 9 and racing at 10. We try to get there between 9 and 10. That would be really cool if you guys can make it out! It will be worth it to watch Tim run Touts beast.

Last edited by Illinois Chaos on May 19th 2012, 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Kooks/Collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks/Collectors   Kooks/Collectors I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2012, 9:20 am

Man this sunday is the show so I know I won't be there but I cannot wait to hear it in person.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

Kooks/Collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks/Collectors   Kooks/Collectors I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2012, 11:36 am

just talked w/ deb we will def be there... cant wait to see that beast of yours run...
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Kooks/Collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks/Collectors   Kooks/Collectors I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2012, 12:22 pm

Great! Sun. is also Midwest Index Race 2, but not sure if I will enter yet, or which index class.
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

Kooks/Collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks/Collectors   Kooks/Collectors I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2012, 12:41 pm

I'm debating on going too. It'll get me out of going to a kids birthday party
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kooks/Collectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kooks/Collectors   Kooks/Collectors I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kooks/Collectors
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next