Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

lowering my 300c

Go down 
+2
inkedup
mwa145
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mwa145
CAMM Pro
mwa145

lowering my 300c Empty
PostSubject: lowering my 300c   lowering my 300c I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2011, 8:51 pm

so i just put on the srt rims but it doesnt look right . ive never thought about lowering it but it just doesnt look right anymore. how much does it cost to get it done? how much of a drop should i do? any brands you guys reccommmend?

PS: My car is a daily driver and i have the Grip Tuning front end
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

lowering my 300c Empty
PostSubject: Re: lowering my 300c   lowering my 300c I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2011, 9:04 pm

eibach kit .there's two different kits sportline and pro .i did sportline ...pro is too low...you can get kit for $250 ebay free shipping and adam on here can do installs cheap.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

lowering my 300c Empty
PostSubject: Re: lowering my 300c   lowering my 300c I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2011, 9:05 pm

i did the eibach springs only,if you have the extra money do the coilever kit .....jon did his thats the proper way
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

lowering my 300c Empty
PostSubject: Re: lowering my 300c   lowering my 300c I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2011, 11:01 pm

Yeah, if you want adjustability, I'd go for coil-overs, BUT you'll pay alot more for parts, if you wanna do just springs, it'd be cheaper, but no adjustability. I have the Eibach Sportlines as well, they are pretty good, and a good ride, nothing TOO rough at all, I've installed those too on a Challenger, I've installed Drop Zones on a Charger and they are a little more of a drop, pretty low, I've installed Pedders kits, they are a subtle drop, as well as two full SRT swaps on Shawn's and Okie's cars, a nice sublte drop. If you have a grip front end, SRT or Pedders is probably a good choice in my opinion, or even coil-overs, BUT you'll pay a little bit more. I'd also maybe think about putting you're stock front clip back on if you're gonna be driving during the winter, just so you don't have to re-paint or even replace it, you know these Chicago winters and the lovely job the guys who plow do LoL

If you decide, let me know and we can get-er-done
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

lowering my 300c Empty
PostSubject: Re: lowering my 300c   lowering my 300c I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2011, 6:30 am

Go with the srt set up. You can find on Lx for a good price. Anything else will be to low with the Grip fascia.
Back to top Go down
mwa145
CAMM Pro
mwa145

lowering my 300c Empty
PostSubject: Re: lowering my 300c   lowering my 300c I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2011, 7:51 am

Moparcharger06 wrote:
Yeah, if you want adjustability, I'd go for coil-overs, BUT you'll pay alot more for parts, if you wanna do just springs, it'd be cheaper, but no adjustability. I have the Eibach Sportlines as well, they are pretty good, and a good ride, nothing TOO rough at all, I've installed those too on a Challenger, I've installed Drop Zones on a Charger and they are a little more of a drop, pretty low, I've installed Pedders kits, they are a subtle drop, as well as two full SRT swaps on Shawn's and Okie's cars, a nice sublte drop. If you have a grip front end, SRT or Pedders is probably a good choice in my opinion, or even coil-overs, BUT you'll pay a little bit more. I'd also maybe think about putting you're stock front clip back on if you're gonna be driving during the winter, just so you don't have to re-paint or even replace it, you know these Chicago winters and the lovely job the guys who plow do LoL

If you decide, let me know and we can get-er-done

yea i dont think ill be able to afford coil overs. ill be checking out a couple forums to see if these things pop up .
im in no big hurry since i know how fucked up the winter can be and i can no way afford new paint either.
As soon as I get what i need ill hit u up!
Back to top Go down
mwa145
CAMM Pro
mwa145

lowering my 300c Empty
PostSubject: Re: lowering my 300c   lowering my 300c I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2011, 7:54 am

Shawn1112 wrote:
Go with the srt set up. You can find on Lx for a good price. Anything else will be to low with the Grip fascia.

How much of a drop is that? yea i will be looking around if i find anything . how much should a used set cost?
Like i said im not in a hurry just waiting for the good deal to come through
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

lowering my 300c Empty
PostSubject: Re: lowering my 300c   lowering my 300c I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2011, 8:17 am

About 1", I think I paid about $250.00 for everything.
Back to top Go down
moros323
CAMM Pro
moros323

lowering my 300c Empty
PostSubject: Re: lowering my 300c   lowering my 300c I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2011, 2:18 pm

What about swaybars have any of you guys/gals replaced those??
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

lowering my 300c Empty
PostSubject: Re: lowering my 300c   lowering my 300c I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2011, 3:40 pm

moros323 wrote:
What about swaybars have any of you guys/gals replaced those??
I havent, but I believe a few people have. I'm pretty sure Jontoad and Liljoe have, and maybe Ghost and Tom might have.
Back to top Go down
nsmith3001
CAMM Member
nsmith3001

lowering my 300c Empty
PostSubject: Re: lowering my 300c   lowering my 300c I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2011, 3:55 pm

Im interested as well about the sway bars. Im not looking to take it on a track or anything. I just hate the feeling when i go around a curve. Id just like to stay flat rather than roll
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

lowering my 300c Empty
PostSubject: Re: lowering my 300c   lowering my 300c I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2011, 9:06 pm

I replaced Jontoad's and Liljoe's. The fronts are no problem. the rears are tricky to get in, but I've done so many, I know how to work it LoL I also have a Pedders sway bar on the front and it TOTALLY helped in my opinion in normal driving and the time I autocrossed it. It "ties it all together"
Back to top Go down
nsmith3001
CAMM Member
nsmith3001

lowering my 300c Empty
PostSubject: Re: lowering my 300c   lowering my 300c I_icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2011, 8:07 am

I read a review on how to put the front in and it looked like it was almost just plug and play really. The rear did look a little more difficult. Said that you had to jack the car up and put the rails on stands then unbolt the rear cradle to lower the rearend?

I have worked on the old Mopars all my life, pulling engines, dropping trans ect. I have done everything on the old ones, but these new Mopars do Intimidate me a little. I wish they had auto manuals out for chargers like they do for all the old cars.
Back to top Go down
mwa145
CAMM Pro
mwa145

lowering my 300c Empty
PostSubject: Re: lowering my 300c   lowering my 300c I_icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2011, 9:40 am

so all i would need is the springs from an srt?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

lowering my 300c Empty
PostSubject: Re: lowering my 300c   lowering my 300c I_icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2011, 10:02 am

mwa145 wrote:
so all i would need is the springs from an srt?
Not sure, I did springs, shocks and struts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

lowering my 300c Empty
PostSubject: Re: lowering my 300c   lowering my 300c I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lowering my 300c
Page 1 of 1