Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lowering my Charger

Go down 
+11
jontoad
HiPwr
Shawn1112
HemiMag
chargerchick
eviltrycycle
georgerhjr
jesse031081
firestartr420
irishrt5.7
northsiderz
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
northsiderz
CAMM Member

Lowering my Charger Empty
PostSubject: Lowering my Charger   Lowering my Charger I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2010, 4:33 pm

Hey everyone.....just wanted to put something out there and see if I could give me some info about lowering my Charger. I've been looking for a set of 22"s, and while I haven't picked them out yet, it still looks like I will have some room left in my wheel wells after I put them on (based on some other pics I've seen).

I'm not looking to go really low, just enough so the 22's really fill out the wheel wells and won't rub. I've got a stock R/T (not road and track pack). It seems to sit a little high right now. I love how it rides so I don't want to mess too much with the ride quality. Is it possible just to get a good set of springs to lower it a bit (1"-1.5") and still have about the same ride quality? I'd also like a little less lean when cornering, which I believe would help. I've never lowered any of my rides before so I'm not really sure what to think.

Thanks in advance for all your help.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Lowering my Charger   Lowering my Charger I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2010, 4:39 pm

Your best bet would be to find a deal for a set of srt shocks and springs... will lower about an inch and still have good ride quality..
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Lowering my Charger   Lowering my Charger I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2010, 4:47 pm

id be careful with the 22's when lowering, you may have rubbing issues when cornering, or you gotta take your turns pretty wide... lowered with a set of 20's might work out a little better for ya...
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: Lowering my Charger   Lowering my Charger I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2010, 7:46 pm

I went with eibach pro kit and running 20s. It lowered my car about 1.5 inches id be worried about bigger rims. Shawn runs 22s but has srt suspension
Back to top Go down
georgerhjr
CAMM Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Lowering my Charger   Lowering my Charger I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 10:37 pm

northsiderz wrote:
Hey everyone.....just wanted to put something out there and see if I could give me some info about lowering my Charger. I've been looking for a set of 22"s, and while I haven't picked them out yet, it still looks like I will have some room left in my wheel wells after I put them on (based on some other pics I've seen).

I'm not looking to go really low, just enough so the 22's really fill out the wheel wells and won't rub. I've got a stock R/T (not road and track pack). It seems to sit a little high right now. I love how it rides so I don't want to mess too much with the ride quality. Is it possible just to get a good set of springs to lower it a bit (1"-1.5") and still have about the same ride quality? I'd also like a little less lean when cornering, which I believe would help. I've never lowered any of my rides before so I'm not really sure what to think.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

As long as you get the right offset(+18 or +20) and keep the wheels to 9.5" wide you should be fine. Don't forget to look at the bolt pattern also (has to be 5 x 115 although some use 5 x 114.3). Use a tire size 265/35/22 on a 9.5" wheel and you'll be safe. Shouldn't have to roll your fenders and still no rubbing. I have mine lowered on Eibach pro kit with Koni STR.T shocks and it rides great although slightly stiffer than stock but comfortable by all means. By the way you don't have to do this but while they've got the car apart you might as well upgrade your shocks. The stocks will be ok for awhile(depending on miles) but you will need to upgrade eventually so just to save on doing the same labor twice change the shocks when you change the springs if you can and don't forget to get an alignment afterwards. It sounds like a lot but its worth it!
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Lowering my Charger   Lowering my Charger I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 10:38 pm

Good info George. Thanks for posting!
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Lowering my Charger   Lowering my Charger I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 10:40 pm

That's some first post George! Nice! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
georgerhjr
CAMM Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Lowering my Charger   Lowering my Charger I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 10:41 pm

I should have said some use 114.3 x 5 but you shouldn't
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Lowering my Charger   Lowering my Charger I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 1:49 am

liek George said,the stock shock will eventually take a poop.Also ride quality wont be the same since it will be more bouncy.Now if you lower it with Eibach Prokit,you will get good ride quality and better handling

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/suspension.jsp?&make=Eibach&model=Pro-System+Kit&group=Pro-System+Kit&autoMake=Dodge&autoModel=Charger+RT&autoYear=2007&autoModClar=Rear+Wheel+Drive&partNum=2876.780&perfCode=P
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Lowering my Charger   Lowering my Charger I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 7:15 am

I put the srt8 suspension on my car with my 22's. As Brian said its about a 1" drop which is what I was looking for. The ride quality is alot better, you can usually find the whole suspension for about $300-$350 on Lx. Its a direct swap no modifying to fit.
Here is a pic from the day we lowered it.
Lowering my Charger Susp9
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Lowering my Charger   Lowering my Charger I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 7:29 am

Bigger wheels = less HP and worse gas mileage.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Lowering my Charger   Lowering my Charger I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 7:42 am

HiPwr wrote:
Bigger wheels = less HP and worse gas mileage.
Yes this is true, but I will still kick your ass at the track with my heavy ass 22's.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Lowering my Charger   Lowering my Charger I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 8:36 am

maybe i need to skip the antioch show and run w/ you all at the track i am not sure though...
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Lowering my Charger   Lowering my Charger I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 9:14 am

That day would be a particularly good day to race my heap. But, I'm not going to, so I guess we'll never know just how badly Shawn would "kick my ass."
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Lowering my Charger   Lowering my Charger I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 9:15 am

lol wuss...
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Lowering my Charger   Lowering my Charger I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 9:52 am

HiPwr wrote:
That day would be a particularly good day to race my heap. But, I'm not going to, so I guess we'll never know just how badly Shawn would "kick my ass."

i think shawn is talking about the intrepid.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Lowering my Charger   Lowering my Charger I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 10:18 am

jontoad wrote:
HiPwr wrote:

i think shawn is talking about the intrepid.
lmfao
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Lowering my Charger   Lowering my Charger I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2010, 6:49 pm

HET YALL IF I HAVE 20 X 10'S ON THE REAR OF MY CHARGER WILL THEY RUB IF I LOWER IT?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Lowering my Charger   Lowering my Charger I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2010, 6:55 pm

They shouldnt
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Lowering my Charger   Lowering my Charger I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2010, 7:22 pm

i also need help setting my predator fan settings,as well a a good dent place.......
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Lowering my Charger   Lowering my Charger I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2010, 7:25 pm

you might have to roll the fenders depending on tire size. 275 and under in a 20 inch should be fine. 285-315 might need rolling.

baseball bat method with heat if your going cheap. but any body shop can roll a fender for like 40-50 bux each most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Lowering my Charger   Lowering my Charger I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2010, 7:48 pm

jontoad wrote:
you might have to roll the fenders depending on tire size. 275 and under in a 20 inch should be fine. 285-315 might need rolling.

baseball bat method with heat if your going cheap. but any body shop can roll a fender for like 40-50 bux each most of the time.
I have heard a lot of horror stories using the bat method.
Back to top Go down
Becstr
CAMM Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Lowering my Charger   Lowering my Charger I_icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2010, 2:26 pm

My wifes charger with a 1"mopar kit and 22'sLowering my Charger IMG_0317
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Lowering my Charger   Lowering my Charger I_icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2010, 7:46 pm

Very nice! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Lowering my Charger   Lowering my Charger I_icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2010, 7:57 pm

nice it will look good with the grill im selling gold
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lowering my Charger   Lowering my Charger I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lowering my Charger
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next