Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kroozers Cars for Kids

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

Kroozers Cars for Kids Empty
PostSubject: Kroozers Cars for Kids   Kroozers Cars for Kids I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2011, 11:59 am

15th Annual Kroozers Cars for Kids

Benefitting Youth Service Bureau

Saturday, August 20 from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Historic Woodstock Square

Over 360 classic cars and hot rods line the Woodstock Square to the delight of nearly 8,000 spectators.

Festivities include:
Cash Raffle
Door Prizes
Live Music
Awards

Early Bird Fee (Before August 13) $12
Onsite Fee (August 20) $15

Due to city policy, show cars may NOT enter the square before 4:00 pm.
Please use Jackson Street entrance ONLY.

This is a rain or shine event. No Refunds

To pre-register:
Contact Youth Service Bureau, Administrative Office, 4001 Dayton Street, McHenry, IL 60050
(I have a form if anyone needs it)

Just on a personal note: A few of us went last year and this is HUGE! The 50/50 raffle winner took home over $1000!! There are lots of places to eat along the square and lots of raffles throughout the night. They introduce each car as it arrives....it's just a cool show.
Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
stairman

PostSubject: Re: Kroozers Cars for Kids   Kroozers Cars for Kids I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2011, 1:21 pm

Bump! Weather has cleared...and we are going. Anyone else????
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: Kroozers Cars for Kids   Kroozers Cars for Kids I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2011, 2:04 pm

Oh that's tonight... I thought it was last night.. I might swing by and check it out.
Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
stairman

PostSubject: Re: Kroozers Cars for Kids   Kroozers Cars for Kids I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2011, 2:30 pm

Cool.. stop by and say hi if you go.

Leaving in 10 min to get a decent spot.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Kroozers Cars for Kids   Kroozers Cars for Kids I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2011, 7:25 pm

Hope you had a good time! Let us know how it went.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Kroozers Cars for Kids   Kroozers Cars for Kids I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2011, 7:25 pm

Hope you had a good time! Let us know how it went.
Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
stairman

PostSubject: Re: Kroozers Cars for Kids   Kroozers Cars for Kids I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2011, 9:55 pm

We got there early and got a decent spot. All CAMM cards are gone that i had put out.
There were 3 modern cars that showed up...all MOPARS. 1 Charger and 2 Challys. They said about 5,000 people showed up to see the cars. And probably a little less than 400 cars at the show.
And no we did not win the $900 50/50. Bummer....LOL.

I was a little put off by the awards. Mainly all won by Kroozers members cars. No wonder ALOT of people left a half hour before the awards. I will think twice about going next year.

All and all I think 2 people I talked to will sign up to be part of CAMM.

A few cars I thought were interesting:

Kroozers Cars for Kids 100_0311

Kroozers Cars for Kids 100_0312

Kroozers Cars for Kids 100_0313

Kroozers Cars for Kids 100_0314

Kroozers Cars for Kids 100_0315

Back to top Go down
vagrant
CAMM Member
vagrant

PostSubject: Re: Kroozers Cars for Kids   Kroozers Cars for Kids I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2011, 10:03 pm

Looks like a cool show..sorta pissed I missed it. My bro ended up not coming into town so I could have gone. Grrr..oh well...maybe next time. Sucks that the awards seemed a little bias. Hope that's just coincidence...

-vagrant
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Kroozers Cars for Kids   Kroozers Cars for Kids I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2011, 10:49 pm

For some reason I kinda expected that about the awards. The first car you have in your pics was at Fiesta Days. Awesome all the cards were gone, I have been slacking the last few shows and forgetting to put them out.

Might be cool to go next year as a group and hang out, going in expecting no awards and just hang out at a show CAMM style.
Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
stairman

PostSubject: Re: Kroozers Cars for Kids   Kroozers Cars for Kids I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2011, 8:45 am

It is a cool show to go hang out....more CAMM cars would be awesome. All lined up and introduced one by one.

That '70 Challenger is just sweet and so was the green 'Cuda. thumbsup

And I didn't notice before, but looking at the last pic- Tammy got "Elvis" in it. He's behind the blue 3 wheeled motorcycle on the left. LOL.

P.S. > Crystal, I need more cards Very Happy
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Kroozers Cars for Kids   Kroozers Cars for Kids I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2011, 1:23 pm

I found two boxes of the old style cards in the garage when I was moving things around so next time I am out just remind me and I will hook you up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kroozers Cars for Kids   Kroozers Cars for Kids I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kroozers Cars for Kids
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: Around Chicagoland :: Past Events Archives-
Jump to: