Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ok tining tail mod

Go down 
+7
northsiderz
Hypnotiq
Okie6.1
jontoad
chargerchick
Admin
inkedup
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

ok tining tail mod Empty
PostSubject: ok tining tail mod   ok tining tail mod I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2011, 8:40 pm

so give me your honest opinion i spoke with jontoad today for his opinion .i got a sneak preview today wasnt very fond of the bottom part on lights or the top,the lights can be seen and also when braking there ok

ok tining tail mod Bb10
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

ok tining tail mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: ok tining tail mod   ok tining tail mod I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2011, 8:41 pm

ok tining tail mod Back_i10
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

ok tining tail mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: ok tining tail mod   ok tining tail mod I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2011, 8:42 pm

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

ok tining tail mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: ok tining tail mod   ok tining tail mod I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2011, 8:43 pm

jon had told me that if he could have the process done all over again he would go lighter,and he also gave me a idea to paint the top dark as wellas the sides ,darker on bottom and fade up to the middle......opinions there being finished tommorw......
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

ok tining tail mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: ok tining tail mod   ok tining tail mod I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2011, 8:46 pm

I personally love the all black tail light but for safety reasons (and not getting a ticket) I have lightly tinted tails and the backup lights are not tinted over...just like those.

They look good! Smile
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

ok tining tail mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: ok tining tail mod   ok tining tail mod I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2011, 9:14 pm

i said if i had it done over i would fade it in. as dark as i have it now on the edges and fade it to a hair lighter in the middle where the bulbs are.

since our bulbs are so sunk in housing compared to the lens itself it doesn't transfer the light well when tinted. on my truck they are as dark as my car but light up just as light as stock lights.

btw- those look a million times better than those led tails you had.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

ok tining tail mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: ok tining tail mod   ok tining tail mod I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2011, 9:24 pm

thanks jon he's finishing theme up in the morning also i want to add there brillant black too .
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

ok tining tail mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: ok tining tail mod   ok tining tail mod I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2011, 9:26 pm

he did the 3rd brake light too ,which was still a shade too light so he's going darker
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

ok tining tail mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: ok tining tail mod   ok tining tail mod I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2011, 9:28 pm

chargerchick wrote:
I personally love the all black tail light but for safety reasons (and not getting a ticket) I have lightly tinted tails and the backup lights are not tinted over...just like those.

They look good! Smile

ilike em dark too but i dont wanna get hassled by the po po
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

ok tining tail mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: ok tining tail mod   ok tining tail mod I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2011, 9:56 pm

Tinted tails look much better than the led ones you had.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

ok tining tail mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: ok tining tail mod   ok tining tail mod I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2011, 9:58 pm

a bit darker though right?on top ,sides,and bottom only
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

ok tining tail mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: ok tining tail mod   ok tining tail mod I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2011, 7:26 am

They look great.. that bit of red you can see in them will help prevent a a-hole LEO from stopping you.
Back to top Go down
northsiderz
CAMM Member

ok tining tail mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: ok tining tail mod   ok tining tail mod I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2011, 9:57 am

I also think they look good. Whoever did them for you did a good job.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

ok tining tail mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: ok tining tail mod   ok tining tail mod I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2011, 11:09 am

Hey just realized something what is tining tails? I always thought it was tinting tails! Haha bro I think you need a new phone cause the one you got is determined to misspell shit.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

ok tining tail mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: ok tining tail mod   ok tining tail mod I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2011, 8:45 pm

new pics soon got them back a few hours ago darker on edges and middle see-through 'ish
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

ok tining tail mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: ok tining tail mod   ok tining tail mod I_icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2011, 5:23 pm

downloading pics now,the lights are stgill visible well not so bright in the direct sunlight but either is any light in the sun...
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

ok tining tail mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: ok tining tail mod   ok tining tail mod I_icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2011, 5:38 pm

ok tining tail mod Seen10
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

ok tining tail mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: ok tining tail mod   ok tining tail mod I_icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2011, 5:40 pm

ok tining tail mod Seenag10
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

ok tining tail mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: ok tining tail mod   ok tining tail mod I_icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2011, 5:40 pm

ok tining tail mod Seenag11
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

ok tining tail mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: ok tining tail mod   ok tining tail mod I_icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2011, 5:41 pm

ok tining tail mod Seenag12
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

ok tining tail mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: ok tining tail mod   ok tining tail mod I_icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2011, 5:42 pm

ok tining tail mod Seenag13
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

ok tining tail mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: ok tining tail mod   ok tining tail mod I_icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2011, 5:46 pm

i still might get l.e.d bulbs but we will see if i get any hassle.the only time they look dim is in the sun when fot is off the brake even when i step on brake in sun there fine...thanks to paul boekman for a job well done and only two day total.he also did my corners which are transluscent brillant black and now the tails are mostly black with some brilllant black in it .
Back to top Go down
Johnny Bondo
CAMM Member
Johnny Bondo

ok tining tail mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: ok tining tail mod   ok tining tail mod I_icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2011, 5:49 pm

Lookin' good!
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

ok tining tail mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: ok tining tail mod   ok tining tail mod I_icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2011, 5:57 pm

i pray for no tickets......
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

ok tining tail mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: ok tining tail mod   ok tining tail mod I_icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2011, 6:31 pm

mine are darker than that and i have not got a ticket yet.

yesterday on my way to downers grove i passed a cop with my halos on and he started to follow me. it was real sunny so i thought he might bother me about the tails, he followed me for 4 turns and then just went the other way. i guess they didn't bother him or the led strips work well enough.

you guys have told me you think they aren't bright enough, but i think most of the time you guys think i'm using my brakes im not. i drive in autostick everywhere and i downshit to stop lights or to slow down most of the time. i hardly use my brakes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ok tining tail mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: ok tining tail mod   ok tining tail mod I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ok tining tail mod
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next