Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeRegisterLog in

L.E.D Tail bulbs and the like

Go down 
AuthorMessage
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

L.E.D Tail bulbs and the like Empty
PostSubject: L.E.D Tail bulbs and the like   L.E.D Tail bulbs and the like I_icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2010, 2:18 pm

Alright, so i've spent the better part of the last 2 days researching led lights for my charger. So far, i believe that autolumination.com has the best pricing and people seem pretty satisfied. I have a few questions though, which i can't seem to find any definitive answers to and Im hoping you all might be able to help. Im looking to go with the Switchback bulbs for my front turn/parking lights. Im aware that i need a load equalizer in order for them to work properly. Question one is. Which load equalizer will I need to get? The 50W 6 ohm equalizer? I also know that I will need to get one equalizer for each side of the car. My second question comes down to the tails. Now, if i am going to replace both bulbs in a taillight. Do i need to get the SINGLE circuit or DUAL circuit bulbs? Also, I believe i am going to need load equalizers in the back as well for the turn signals, however, which equalizers will i need? Some places are saying I need one 6 ohm on each corner, others are saying if im going all 4 corners, i only need a 3 ohm on each corner. This is where i've gotten pretty lost. After putting all the pricing together for all the bulbs... unless i did my math wrong, it comes out being 260 bux to do all the lights in the car, but i want to make sure, if going to have to spend that kinda cash on this, that im doing it correctly.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: L.E.D Tail bulbs and the like   L.E.D Tail bulbs and the like I_icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2010, 2:56 pm

im lost i paid $250 total for my complete taillight kit........
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: L.E.D Tail bulbs and the like   L.E.D Tail bulbs and the like I_icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2010, 3:31 pm

No clue as to what your talking about. Every set of led tails I have ever seen are plug and play.

L.E.D Tail bulbs and the like 1236920_10151644188979537_407418136_n
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: L.E.D Tail bulbs and the like   L.E.D Tail bulbs and the like I_icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2010, 3:36 pm

Never mind, I see what you are doing now. Not sure bro, have you tried asking the website where your going to order from?

L.E.D Tail bulbs and the like 1236920_10151644188979537_407418136_n
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: L.E.D Tail bulbs and the like   L.E.D Tail bulbs and the like I_icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2010, 6:37 pm

sorry if the post is rather confusing... I dont want to change the housing... just the bulbs... thats all...
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: L.E.D Tail bulbs and the like   L.E.D Tail bulbs and the like I_icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2010, 8:42 pm

shawn fill us in im still lost ......
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: L.E.D Tail bulbs and the like   L.E.D Tail bulbs and the like I_icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2010, 10:01 pm

ok, let me see if i can make it a little more clear..... I want to change out all the bulbs in the car to LED's. Interior lighting shouldnt be a problem, since i don't need any resistors or anything, just plug and play. The exterior however is where im unsure. I want to keep my stock tail and headlight assemblies and just replace the bulbs. For the fronts, i want to use these for the front turn signals. And i would like to use these in my tail lights. In the front, in order to prevent "hyperflash", i need to install a resistor. Ive pretty much got that part down in my head. My real question comes in when it comes to doing the tail lights. With the tail lights, im supposed to install the resistor as well to prevent hyperflash, as well as to keep my cruise control working. Now, with the tail lights usually having 2 stages when the headlights are on, my question is, Do i need to buy the Dual circuit bulbs or is the single ok? And the second question is with the resistors, ive found a few different things. One says that if im doing both front and back, i only need one 3 ohm resistor on each corner (total of 6 ohms in the flash circuit), another one says i would need to install four 6 ohm resistors, and another says I need 15-25 ohms total in the circuit. Im coming to you guys first here because its usually easier to get the right info, without having to talk with usually a sales guy, who becomes instantly rude if you don't buy on the spot after he gave you the info... I hope that made it more clear what im going after...
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: L.E.D Tail bulbs and the like   L.E.D Tail bulbs and the like I_icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2010, 10:03 pm

Ok got it .geez you didn't have to use different color letters.I'm not that slow...lol
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: L.E.D Tail bulbs and the like   L.E.D Tail bulbs and the like I_icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2010, 10:09 pm

if you click on the different colored letters, they'll take you to 2 magical places...
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: L.E.D Tail bulbs and the like   L.E.D Tail bulbs and the like I_icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2010, 12:43 pm

you do need dual circut bulbs.

i don't remember what resistors i used when i tried the LED spider-light bulbs in my tail lights but they were needed. i think AAC sells the resistors you need. its a standard resistor that works for most cars. there are no different resistor levels for different cars if remember right.

FYI LED tail light bulbs are no brighter in our stock housings. they are actually dimmer. i took them back out because you could almost not see the running lights at all through my tinted tails. i don't suggest the LED bulbs in a tail light that is not made to project their light.

SRT MAX Plus cam, Dominator stall torque converter, AMG blue top shift solenoids, Wavetrack LSD, richmond 3.55 gears, Tein Superstreet coilovers, stack 'chubby'' sway bars, ect...
Autocross videos - (((((SRT8 Charger autocross lap.)))))  -  (((((Edited movie.)))))  -  (((((Helmet cam lap.)))))
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: L.E.D Tail bulbs and the like   L.E.D Tail bulbs and the like I_icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2010, 1:13 pm

firestartr420 wrote:
if you click on the different colored letters, they'll take you to 2 magical places...

linking to websites is fun...... Razz

You Tube Channel https://www.youtube.com/c/ChicagolandAreaModernMopars

Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: L.E.D Tail bulbs and the like   L.E.D Tail bulbs and the like I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

L.E.D Tail bulbs and the like
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Exterior-
Jump to: