Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tinted Tail lights??

Go down 
+4
firestartr420
inkedup
Headtripp
xegitalian19xx
8 posters
AuthorMessage
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

Tinted Tail lights?? Empty
PostSubject: Tinted Tail lights??   Tinted Tail lights?? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2012, 9:07 pm

One of the mods I always wanted to do with my Chally was to tint the tail lights. I know most people do it with VHT but I never get the glossy finish I want even when I did it with the clear coat. I loved the ones I had on my charger but they were done custom from Speedlogix, I did some browsing on the forums and didn't find any vendor that does that...So my question to you guys would be if you know a pro painter I guess or someone who would be able to do this for me at a reasonable cost??

Thanks!!
Anter
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Tinted Tail lights??   Tinted Tail lights?? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2012, 9:11 pm

Let me know when you find someone I was thinking of this too.
I am gonna buy a whole new tail light assembly with leds to do this to
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Tinted Tail lights??   Tinted Tail lights?? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2012, 9:19 pm

yeah i'm trying to avoid having to buy a whole set to send out somewhere....Hopefully someone good who's local that I can just drop my car off for a few hours to have this done would be ideal Smile - Vic i'll let you know if I find anyone....The mod bug is biting hard right now for some reason!!!
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Tinted Tail lights??   Tinted Tail lights?? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2012, 9:25 pm

HAHA let me know if you need anything bro
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Tinted Tail lights??   Tinted Tail lights?? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2012, 9:27 pm

my guy does them he charger me $75 buck's black pearl translucent and cleared....
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Tinted Tail lights??   Tinted Tail lights?? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2012, 9:28 pm

Well if you wanna give me a supercharger...that would be nice!!!
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Tinted Tail lights??   Tinted Tail lights?? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2012, 9:29 pm

inkedup wrote:
my guy does them he charger me $75 buck's black pearl translucent and cleared....

Got any pics of his work or where he's located??
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Tinted Tail lights??   Tinted Tail lights?? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2012, 9:32 pm

Tinted Tail lights?? Imag0041

Tinted Tail lights?? Imag0042

Tinted Tail lights?? Wiz12

he's in plainfield off of rt.30 and i-55
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Tinted Tail lights??   Tinted Tail lights?? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2012, 9:34 pm

he didn't go real heavy with the pearlbuts that's ok.im had a big scratch already on one and it buffed right off...and at night they are bright i did add the silverstar bulb's they say they are the brightest..
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Tinted Tail lights??   Tinted Tail lights?? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2012, 9:35 pm

Tinted Tail lights?? Darker13

night shot
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Tinted Tail lights??   Tinted Tail lights?? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2012, 11:32 pm

Looks good. What's the shop name? Might be giving him a call!
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Tinted Tail lights??   Tinted Tail lights?? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2012, 11:40 pm

what about my tail lights?!?! ive been looking to get this done as well but afraid to do it myself...
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Tinted Tail lights??   Tinted Tail lights?? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2012, 6:35 am

Check these guys out, never worked on my car. But know people who have used them and said they do good work.

http://www.customsprayz.com/

Last edited by Shawn1112 on February 24th 2012, 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Tinted Tail lights??   Tinted Tail lights?? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2012, 6:41 am

Anyway, my guy has done okie 5.7's car my car and others on here .he's in plainfield ill get number when i get to work
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: Tinted Tail lights??   Tinted Tail lights?? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2012, 6:55 am

I was told at a few auto body shops its like 150 and they use black paint with clear and from the ones I seen it turned out real nice and didn't have that chalky look that VHT does.
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Tinted Tail lights??   Tinted Tail lights?? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2012, 6:57 am

Thanks fellas. Yeah def. trying to avoid the chalky look! I'll check out all of the above. Thanks for the help guys!!
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Tinted Tail lights??   Tinted Tail lights?? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2012, 7:37 am

my guy is paul boeckman his phone number is 815-557-0591.his website is www.airbrushdynamix.com.he's right of i-55 & rt. 30 .......he has done my engine part's front corner's and tail's and also my center dash pc.he has done excellent work and saved my ton's of money.currently he is spraying the rest of my center console.there is also a interior guy in the same building.he is doing my trunk pc.i will need assistance with my wiring on console pc and trunk light's anyone up to help?
Back to top Go down
mwa145
CAMM Pro
mwa145

PostSubject: Re: Tinted Tail lights??   Tinted Tail lights?? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2012, 7:10 pm

75 bucks is a badass deal. spray can clear sucks compared to the 2k you spray out of a gun. so maybe thats why people who clear the vht with a can say that it turns out bad.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Tinted Tail lights??   Tinted Tail lights?? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2012, 7:20 pm

dont hold me to 75 it depends on car make.....
Back to top Go down
beach
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Tinted Tail lights??   Tinted Tail lights?? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2012, 3:35 pm

I used the VHT with 3 coats of rattle can clear, with plenty of wet sanding and buffing with a rubbing compound. I would do it again. Turned out glossy and smooth. Look at my photos in the gallery. I took my time though. I bought a used set of tails and did it over 3 nights. This is if you want to do it yourself. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
beach
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Tinted Tail lights??   Tinted Tail lights?? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2012, 3:38 pm

Another thing you can do, is use the VHT and some body shops will clear them for almost nothing, as long as you talk to them and bring them in when they are clearing something that day.
Back to top Go down
mwa145
CAMM Pro
mwa145

PostSubject: Re: Tinted Tail lights??   Tinted Tail lights?? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2012, 4:26 pm

beach wrote:
Another thing you can do, is use the VHT and some body shops will clear them for almost nothing, as long as you talk to them and bring them in when they are clearing something that day.

Thats a good way to do it!
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Tinted Tail lights??   Tinted Tail lights?? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2012, 11:53 pm

either way will work as long as you gotta good clearcoat
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Tinted Tail lights??   Tinted Tail lights?? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2012, 11:59 pm

i had my corners painted transluscent b.b and added a 360 degree super pure white led bulb..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tinted Tail lights??   Tinted Tail lights?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tinted Tail lights??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Exterior-
Jump to: