Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete?

Go down 
+6
xegitalian19xx
JacksSRT8
ChiTownHemi
liljoejoe54
AlterEgo
Iguanaman
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete? Empty
PostSubject: Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete?   Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete? I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2010, 10:10 pm

I posted this over on LXF over 6 hours ago and only got one response. Seriously? What's wrong with this picture? I don't think this is a very difficult question:

Quote :

I'm between these two for changing out my stock exhaust. I can't spend a lot right now, so I'm planning on reso delete & tips, not a full cat-back. A couple of questions:

1) I can find pricing for tips & reso delete online for Bob's, but not Zoomers. Can you do only tips & reso delete on Zoomers, or do you have to go full cat-back only for them?

2) I plan on getting a Predator and a tune...how much will tips & reso delete change the tune? Should I for sure do the exhaust first? I think I should, but I'm looking for more informed opinions than mine.

I should have posted here first...
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete?   Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete? I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2010, 10:26 pm

I think that Zoomers comes in a kit with everything and I think you should do the exhaust before the tune cuz it might change something.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete?   Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete? I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2010, 10:40 pm

AlterEgo wrote:
I think that Zoomers comes in a kit with everything and I think you should do the exhaust before the tune cuz it might change something.

Meaning if I want Zoomers, I have to spend over a grand, right?
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete?   Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete? I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2010, 10:46 pm

Yep, they are about that much and from what I remember they are the whole system. You should call them to see what they can do for you. (Vic is suggesting that). I've had mine for awhile so maybe they do something different or will do something but calling is probably the better way to go.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete?   Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete? I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2010, 10:51 pm

yeaaaaahhhhh...can't spend that much right now.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete?   Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete? I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2010, 11:09 pm

IMO if you want something cheap that will look good and give a different sound then go with Blastin Bob. If you go with just blastin bobs, you will probably only spend about $200 and the difference in sound will be amazing. They come in different decibels too from 5db which is what I got to over 14db. But I have flowmaster mufflers in place of my suitcase so mine will sound different than yours if you get the 5db. I would love to get Zoomers as well but like you, I didnt want to spend that much.
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete?   Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete? I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2010, 11:22 pm

Definitely go blastin bobs for the most "bang" for the buck. No way to do reso delete and tips with Zoomers. It's definitely the full cat back. One thing you may want to do is keep your eyes open on LX, Z and CF for used cat back. I see them for sale all the time. Depends on if you want to wait or not. Agree with Jackie... don't tune until you're done with whatever you decide on with the exhaust. You may want to try the suitcase delete before reso delete. I think the reso delete might create more cabin drone than you really want to deal with.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete?   Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete? I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2010, 11:32 pm

ChiTownHemi wrote:
Definitely go blastin bobs for the most "bang" for the buck. No way to do reso delete and tips with Zoomers. It's definitely the full cat back. One thing you may want to do is keep your eyes open on LX, Z and CF for used cat back. I see them for sale all the time. Depends on if you want to wait or not. Agree with Jackie... don't tune until you're done with whatever you decide on with the exhaust. You may want to try the suitcase delete before reso delete. I think the reso delete might create more cabin drone than you really want to deal with.

Yeah the suitcase delete is a great mod also and will probably cost between $250-$300 installed which is not bad. Thats what I did before I did the blastin bobs. It had a nice growl to it and sounded mean at WOT. The only reason I changed the back to blastin bobs was because I wanted it louder. With just the suitcase delete, I didnt get any drone which your wife/kids will appreciate. If you go with blastin bobs, you might get some drone. I got some when I did mine but it wasnt too bad and only happened while cruising at 80mph. But I put the fatmat all over my floorpan and trunk and the drone is pretty much gone.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete?   Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete? I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2010, 12:05 am

Cool, thanks, guys!

See? CAMMers helping CAMMers...why would I go anywhere else?
Back to top Go down
JacksSRT8
CAMM Pro
JacksSRT8

PostSubject: Re: Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete?   Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete? I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2010, 6:58 am

BLASTIN BOBS Dave, There easy and sound cool. Get the 4"tips
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete?   Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete? I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2010, 8:22 am

YEah man blastin bobs for sure if you can't spend a lot of money! I just recently got my zoomers...maybe 3 months ago and they gave me a discount and the guy was really nice but I still paid close to $900 plus shipping for the whole kit. I love the way it sounds but I do also miss my SLPs Sad
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete?   Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete? I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2010, 8:28 am

Mine is loud enough with just the BBs. HP is adequate after the dyno tune. Joey and Darty helped me install & I later had them welded ($40) at a muffler shop.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete?   Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete? I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2010, 8:41 am

Have to admit...I'm not just going for loud...I do really like the exhaust note of the Zoomers. But a grand + right now? I'd rather spend that on new rims.
Back to top Go down
northsiderz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete?   Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete? I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2010, 10:35 am

Hey, I just found this on another charger site. Figured you might want to check this out.... Guy has 5.7 exhaust w/ Blastin Bobs for sale $175/obo

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132303
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete?   Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete? I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2010, 10:45 am

northsiderz wrote:
Hey, I just found this on another charger site. Figured you might want to check this out.... Guy has 5.7 exhaust w/ Blastin Bobs for sale $175/obo

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132303

Awesome find! Rep to you!

I PMed him.

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete?   Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete? I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2010, 10:48 am

Everything before the BBs would be worthless, but that might be a decent price for just the BBs. However, the way they are cut, I don't see how you can take out your resonators.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete?   Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete? I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2010, 10:51 am

HiPwr wrote:
Everything before the BBs would be worthless, but that might be a decent price for just the BBs. However, the way they are cut, I don't see how you can take out your resonators.

I confess...I'm not understanding.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete?   Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete? I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2010, 10:53 am

His profile says he's in Champaign. I PM'ed I could meet him partway. His response:

Quote :
I actually have the setup in my moms garage in Cincinnati, OH. I am currently in Michigan and will be moving soon, I am not sure when I will be back in Cincinnati again. But I can let you know.

Oh well.
Back to top Go down
northsiderz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete?   Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete? I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2010, 1:16 pm

Sorry about that......who posts something like that??? Sounds strange to me....the exhaust in OH, but lives in MI.....and profile says he's in IL.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete?   Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete? I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2010, 5:06 pm

northsiderz wrote:
Sorry about that......who posts something like that??? Sounds strange to me....the exhaust in OH, but lives in MI.....and profile says he's in IL.

No worries, man. It's cool.

Checking the price on Bob's website, it looks like his price is about what I'd pay for a brand new kit anyways.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete?   Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete? I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2010, 5:43 pm

Why dont you just get a catback...
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete?   Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete? I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2010, 6:01 pm

irishrt5.7 wrote:
Why dont you just get a catback...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete?   Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete? I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2010, 7:13 pm

Get a cherry bomb vortex cat back... 275 shipped...Catback

Back to top Go down
HEMI UP
CAMM Member
HEMI UP

PostSubject: BB pipes   Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete? I_icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2010, 3:29 pm

Hey Dave nice hang-n out with you last Sat I just bought the BB/ DW tips and had the reso cut and the BB tips put on look good and sound great
just a little dron at about 80 mph @ 2500 rpm once above that in sounds real mellow.

BB SS/DW $70
install $50
tip for the shop guy $10
TOTAL $130
Don't know if I will go with the FLO-MASTER would be a little to much for me well drop some pic's tonight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete?   Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zoomers v. Blastin Bob's...tips & reso delete?
Page 1 of 1