Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Muffler delete

Go down 
+7
osoish08
funkpolice
Moparcharger07
PLUM CRAZY
moaugust88
liljoejoe54
Shawn1112
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Muffler delete Empty
PostSubject: Muffler delete   Muffler delete I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2013, 4:30 pm

So I decided to cut off my muffler today, left the resos on. Wanted a bit more growl until I could afford an exhaust. When to the guy Cobra and I have used a few times, charged me $50 to cut off and replace with straight pipe. Dont really notice too much at idle, but when I get on it, there is a big difference.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

Muffler delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler delete   Muffler delete I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2013, 5:59 pm

Nice. A lot of people do that but then their resos start to wear out pretty quick after that. You probably dont have to worry about that though.
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

Muffler delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler delete   Muffler delete I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2013, 5:45 am

Where's that guy at shawn I want to do just my resos soon. Heck of a deal!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Muffler delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler delete   Muffler delete I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2013, 6:41 am

moaugust88 wrote:
Where's that guy at shawn I want to do just my resos soon. Heck of a deal!
Valesquez on Irving Park in Hanover Park. Resos might be a little bit more because your exhaust tips are connected to resos.
Back to top Go down
PLUM CRAZY
CAMM Member
PLUM CRAZY

Muffler delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler delete   Muffler delete I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2013, 1:12 pm

I had my muffler removed in 2007 when i bought it and it sounded great for a while. And now the resos now rattle like a bitch. New exhaust coming soon any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Muffler delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler delete   Muffler delete I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2013, 5:02 pm

PLUM CRAZY wrote:
I had my muffler removed in 2007 when i bought it and it sounded great for a while. And now the resos now rattle like a bitch. New exhaust coming soon any suggestions?
I'm going with Borla, not a super loud setup, and not much drone. It all depends what sound your looking for, they all pretty much give you same HP #'s. I had Magnaflow on my Charger and it was just a tad bit too quiet for me. Sounded great when I got on it, but couldnt really tell much at idle. Borla is a little bit louder than the Magnaflow, imo.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

Muffler delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler delete   Muffler delete I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2013, 5:19 pm

I did the reso delete on my srt, and love the way it sounds.... mega loud LoL

I do have my old resos in my garage, if anybody needs the tips or something
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

Muffler delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler delete   Muffler delete I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2013, 6:23 pm

how is the drone without the resos?
bill
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

Muffler delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler delete   Muffler delete I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2013, 7:09 pm

funkpolice wrote:
bill

Its not too bad. I only noticed it when cruising around 75mph. Then i just put it in autostick to disable the MDS and it went away. I also put fatmat on the entire floor pan and trunk so that probably helped a lot too.
Back to top Go down
osoish08
CAMM Member
osoish08

Muffler delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler delete   Muffler delete I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2013, 10:43 pm

Shawn, your jeep is coming along man. What kind of exhaust are you looking for?
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

Muffler delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler delete   Muffler delete I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2013, 11:29 pm

funkpolice wrote:
bill

I'm not gonna lie, and I agree with Joe, the drone is there at around 70, I only drove it once or twice after I put the reso delete on, then parked it, BUT it does sound pretty badass LoL
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Muffler delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler delete   Muffler delete I_icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2013, 6:46 am

osoish08 wrote:
Shawn, your jeep is coming along man. What kind of exhaust are you looking for?
Borla
Back to top Go down
osoish08
CAMM Member
osoish08

Muffler delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler delete   Muffler delete I_icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2013, 5:25 pm

I might let mine go looking to get a mopar one...... We'll see once I get my build all done and how it sounds. Ill let you know as I have a Borla S with black tips and less then 5k miles on it.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Muffler delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler delete   Muffler delete I_icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2013, 9:09 pm

osoish08 wrote:
I might let mine go looking to get a mopar one...... We'll see once I get my build all done and how it sounds. Ill let you know as I have a Borla S with black tips and less then 5k miles on it.
How long till you know?
Back to top Go down
KevinDSClark
CAMM Pro
KevinDSClark

Muffler delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler delete   Muffler delete I_icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2013, 8:12 pm

I love the way they sound with the reso delete. I took mine out and then took out the mufflers and had some cooks racing mufflers welded in place of the mufflers and love it. Most of you have heard mine so if you want any more details I can get them for you.
Back to top Go down
BackNBlack
Founding Member
Founding Member
BackNBlack

Muffler delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler delete   Muffler delete I_icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2013, 9:31 am

Shawn1112 wrote:
PLUM CRAZY wrote:
I'm going with Borla, not a super loud setup, and not much drone. It all depends what sound your looking for, they all pretty much give you same HP #'s. I had Magnaflow on my Charger and it was just a tad bit too quiet for me. Sounded great when I got on it, but couldnt really tell much at idle. Borla is a little bit louder than the Magnaflow, imo.

You have any vids on the deletes? You will like Borla . I had my eye on the ATAK system, but they also waiting for Mopar to fix the backpressure sensor.
The Touring system is quite as the magnaflows, so you might like the S-type or the ATAk
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Muffler delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler delete   Muffler delete I_icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2013, 12:41 pm

S type, I dont believe they make the Atak system for my truck. I believe the Atak system is for 2012 and newer. They both sound great. Ya the touring is really quiet.
Back to top Go down
iluvhemi
CAMM Member
iluvhemi

Muffler delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler delete   Muffler delete I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2013, 8:51 am

Shawn, everything you get done to your truck is exactly what I want on my car! haha I'll be going to that place soon aswell
Back to top Go down
srtdoodzer
CAMM Member
srtdoodzer

Muffler delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler delete   Muffler delete I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2013, 6:11 pm

KevinDSClark wrote:
I love the way they sound with the reso delete. I took mine out and then took out the mufflers and had some cooks racing mufflers welded in place of the mufflers and love it. Most of you have heard mine so if you want any more details I can get them for you.

I'm surprised I haven't seen you around. I'm in Algonquin now but was in Elgin for 5years. Laughing I driv an 08 Sunburst Orange CSRT4, if you see me rev her a couple times Cool I wanna hear it!

I've been looking for someone to do my exhaust recently. Of course I have half a hemi ROFL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Muffler delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler delete   Muffler delete I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Muffler delete
Page 1 of 1