Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

light bulb replacement

Go down 
+5
Shawn1112
firestartr420
moaugust88
liljoejoe54
BigC716
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BigC716
CAMM Member
BigC716

light bulb replacement Empty
PostSubject: light bulb replacement   light bulb replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2010, 10:36 pm

Can anyone tell me how to replace the reading lamp lights in the top middle console of my mag?
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: light bulb replacement   light bulb replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2010, 10:52 pm

From what I hear, the plastic just pops right out. You might have to get a really smal screwdriver to help pry but I never tried it. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: light bulb replacement   light bulb replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2010, 11:05 pm

Yeah I know one of the better ways to do it but at you own risk. Well if you break the plastic it's cheap to replace. Anyways like liljoejoe was sayin take a small flathead screwdriver and toward the front of the light, nearest to the windshield, put the flathead in the side and pry it and it will pop. Do the other side then jiggle it down. And to replace is the reverse. It's pretty easy. I did this recently to remove the light blockers in there. Now a heck of a lot more light!!! You'll see'em when you take it off. You're choice to remove after you replace the bulb.
Back to top Go down
BigC716
CAMM Member
BigC716

PostSubject: Re: light bulb replacement   light bulb replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2010, 11:09 pm

Cool thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: light bulb replacement   light bulb replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2010, 11:10 pm

moaugust88 wrote:
Yeah I know one of the better ways to do it but at you own risk. Well if you break the plastic it's cheap to replace. Anyways like liljoejoe was sayin take a small flathead screwdriver and toward the front of the light, nearest to the windshield, put the flathead in the side and pry it and it will pop. Do the other side then jiggle it down. And to replace is the reverse. It's pretty easy. I did this recently to remove the light blockers in there. Now a heck of a lot more light!!! You'll see'em when you take it off. You're choice to remove after you replace the bulb.

Light blockers? Its brighter when they are out even with the stock bulbs? I might have to give that a shot since my lights suck and dont light up anything.
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: light bulb replacement   light bulb replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2010, 11:22 pm

yeah they are metal. Another one of those free mods. Here are some pics of what you'll see and what you'll get.
Get rid of these:
light bulb replacement DSC03764
light bulb replacement DSC03763

And you'll get this:
light bulb replacement DSC03767
light bulb replacement DSC03766
light bulb replacement DSC03765

Cheap, easy, and free....if you don't have a burned out bulb. And there are LED conversions for these lights are well.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: light bulb replacement   light bulb replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2010, 11:35 pm

led bulb conversions require the resistor's correct?! or have they gotten away with that and installed the resistor in the base or whatever?!
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: light bulb replacement   light bulb replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2010, 11:38 pm

It should have the resistor in it. Pretty sure quality ones do. I have 194 leds that do.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: light bulb replacement   light bulb replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2010, 6:42 am

I also took that stupid metal shit out when I converted to led's.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: light bulb replacement   light bulb replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2010, 6:51 am

i just took it out and have not converted amazing how much brighter it is w/ out it...
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: light bulb replacement   light bulb replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2010, 8:16 am

Thanks, Im gonna pull them things out.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: light bulb replacement   light bulb replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2010, 8:19 am

I like mine. One of the main reasons I bought the car. That, and the side moldings. Love those side moldings.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: light bulb replacement   light bulb replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2010, 8:25 am

HiPwr wrote:
I like mine. One of the main reasons I bought the car. That, and the side moldings. Love those side moldings.

scratch crazy punish
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: light bulb replacement   light bulb replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2010, 8:38 am

HiPwr wrote:

Do I sense sarcasm? lol
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: light bulb replacement   light bulb replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2010, 9:15 am

I love my side moulding. And that's not sarcasm. Those puppies are not coming off! Protected my car many times now! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: light bulb replacement   light bulb replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2010, 9:21 am

chargerchick wrote:
I love my side moulding. And that's not sarcasm. Those puppies are not coming off! Protected my car many times now! Very Happy

Yeah mine protected mine as well but I have been wanting to take mine off for a while now. Im just scared of what lies beneath.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: light bulb replacement   light bulb replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2010, 9:34 am

mine is off of my car... got bubbles... yes i do..lol drivers side front door and fender but mainly the door
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: light bulb replacement   light bulb replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2010, 7:29 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
chargerchick wrote:

Yeah mine protected mine as well but I have been wanting to take mine off for a while now. Im just scared of what lies beneath.

You know Joey, even if there isn't anything wrong beneath it (and I've heard horror stories!) just the fact that you've had your car in the sun...the paint underneath probably won't match anymore.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: light bulb replacement   light bulb replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2010, 8:38 pm

I REMOVED MY SIDE MOLDING TOO,IT MAKES THE CAR LOOK BETTER.HOWEVER NOW ITS OPEN SEASON FOR SHOPPING CARTS AND DOOR DINGS.I THINK I WILL BUY A COUPLE OF INFLATTABLE RAFTS TO PUT AROUND MY CAR
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: light bulb replacement   light bulb replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2010, 11:38 pm

Ok aside from the side molding .... I'm scared to do it, being an '05, and anyone wondering it's only really affected by '05's and early '06's later than that you're ok. Anyways who's done the light mod? How about the blinker mod?
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: light bulb replacement   light bulb replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 13th 2010, 6:33 am

what light mod??? and yes i have done the blinker mod...
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: light bulb replacement   light bulb replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 13th 2010, 6:36 am

chargerchick wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:
chargerchick wrote:

You know Joey, even if there isn't anything wrong beneath it (and I've heard horror stories!) just the fact that you've had your car in the sun...the paint underneath probably won't match anymore.

Yeah that makes sense. Stupid sun messing up my paint, lol.
Back to top Go down
BigC716
CAMM Member
BigC716

PostSubject: Re: light bulb replacement   light bulb replacement I_icon_minitimeJune 1st 2010, 3:16 pm

moaugust88 wrote:
Ok aside from the side molding .... I'm scared to do it, being an '05, and anyone wondering it's only really affected by '05's and early '06's later than that you're ok. Anyways who's done the light mod? How about the blinker mod?
Wuts the blinker mod?
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: light bulb replacement   light bulb replacement I_icon_minitimeJune 1st 2010, 3:20 pm

You can make you front quarter light blink alternatively.

Last edited by HiPwr on June 1st 2010, 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed link.)
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: light bulb replacement   light bulb replacement I_icon_minitimeJune 1st 2010, 3:21 pm

DAMN YOUTUBE anyways here's the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6eDgi9bTRI
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: light bulb replacement   light bulb replacement I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

light bulb replacement
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next