Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spark Plug Replacement

Go down 
+4
Shawn1112
Dre
funkpolice
A.W.
8 posters
AuthorMessage
A.W.
CAMM Member
A.W.

Spark Plug Replacement Empty
PostSubject: Spark Plug Replacement   Spark Plug Replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2014, 12:39 pm

I just picked up an 06 SRT and wanted to know if you all could feel me in about how often the spark plugs should be replaced? Car has 45k miles on it. I did a search but couldn't really find anything.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plug Replacement   Spark Plug Replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2014, 1:09 pm

Back to top Go down
A.W.
CAMM Member
A.W.

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plug Replacement   Spark Plug Replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2014, 1:09 pm

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plug Replacement   Spark Plug Replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2014, 1:11 pm

I had mine changed around 79k when I had a new camshaft put in. Tim said they were not horrible, but it was a good idea to change them. I'm glad to see you got an SRT, I was wondering what was up with you selling all those parts. Is it a magnum?

bill
Back to top Go down
A.W.
CAMM Member
A.W.

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plug Replacement   Spark Plug Replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2014, 1:21 pm

Yeah, I sold my RT a week ago and picked this one up yesterday. So I figured I would knock out some maintenance items right off the bat. I couldn't find an exact answer on LXF, so figured CAMM could help me out.
Back to top Go down
Dre
CAMM Member
Dre

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plug Replacement   Spark Plug Replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2014, 2:30 pm

glad to hear you picked it up. congrats!!!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plug Replacement   Spark Plug Replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2014, 6:09 pm

I would change all fluids because you don't know when it was done or how hard previous owner drove it.
Back to top Go down
A.W.
CAMM Member
A.W.

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plug Replacement   Spark Plug Replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2014, 7:21 pm

Shawn thanks for the suggestion. That's exactly what I am doing! That's part of the reason I asked about the plugs. Figured I would change those too if they had the 30k mile recommendation.
Back to top Go down
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plug Replacement   Spark Plug Replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2014, 8:08 pm

I've done all fluids except trans also, my trans guy said it looks ok so don't mess with it until 100k.I have 78k and the service was done at 50k though. You will wanna change the power steering, mine was dirty and it made a big difference in the wheel.
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plug Replacement   Spark Plug Replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2014, 8:17 pm

I will tell u, u will wanna drop the pan on the trans, replace filter and the fluid amount that comes out.
Clean pan, magnet, as they will be disgusting, the magnetwill no longer be catching metal. Did this to mine at 58K miles.
I have an RT
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plug Replacement   Spark Plug Replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2014, 8:21 pm

+1 on all the fluids
Keep an eye out for metal shavings in all of them, especially the power steering
Back to top Go down
A.W.
CAMM Member
A.W.

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plug Replacement   Spark Plug Replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2014, 9:33 pm

Did you all go anywhere specific to change all of the fluids?
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plug Replacement   Spark Plug Replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2014, 10:03 pm

Differential i did myself on ramps
power steering fluid did myself with a turkey baster lol
Transmission i went to the lil shop down the street, every shop told me "its not recommended to do a flush cuz then they break durhurhur" or "transmissions dont need the fluid change so we dont have the machine" but i wasnt asking for a flush, just pop the pan off, drop the fluid, clean, change filter n gasket, and i had fluid to add. So i went back to the shop that did my exhaust for cheap and told them what i wanted - 40 bux
Back to top Go down
ekaz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plug Replacement   Spark Plug Replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2014, 1:36 pm

Glad you finally got your SRT. Give me a call if you need a hand with the fluid swaps.
Back to top Go down
A.W.
CAMM Member
A.W.

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plug Replacement   Spark Plug Replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2014, 1:49 pm

E probably going to be giving you a call for this cam install. FINALLY got my cam from PWR!!
Back to top Go down
ekaz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plug Replacement   Spark Plug Replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2014, 2:04 pm

You know where to find me. Smile
Back to top Go down
BigSSmoke
CAMM Member
BigSSmoke

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plug Replacement   Spark Plug Replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2014, 4:30 pm

Glad to see you scooped and SRT! Post some pics
Back to top Go down
A.W.
CAMM Member
A.W.

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plug Replacement   Spark Plug Replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2014, 9:49 pm

Quick one from the weekend. Camera phone pic.
Spark Plug Replacement Photo_zps460ec041
Back to top Go down
BigSSmoke
CAMM Member
BigSSmoke

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plug Replacement   Spark Plug Replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2014, 9:53 pm

Looks good...congrats!
Back to top Go down
ekaz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plug Replacement   Spark Plug Replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 20th 2014, 8:42 am

It looks too stock, we need to talk. LOL
Back to top Go down
BigSSmoke
CAMM Member
BigSSmoke

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plug Replacement   Spark Plug Replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 20th 2014, 8:45 am

Hahahaha
Back to top Go down
A.W.
CAMM Member
A.W.

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plug Replacement   Spark Plug Replacement I_icon_minitimeMay 20th 2014, 10:29 am

LOL we will talk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plug Replacement   Spark Plug Replacement I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spark Plug Replacement
Page 1 of 1