Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Putco LED fog bulb first impressions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

Putco LED fog bulb first impressions Empty
PostSubject: Putco LED fog bulb first impressions   Putco LED fog bulb first impressions I_icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2014, 3:40 pm

with having bright ass HID headlights the light output of my fog bulbs was not really important for me. i just need them to match the color shade my HID's have. i have been running AAC "sexy lights" LED fog bulbs the last couple years. well just like anything AAC makes a resistor went bad and a row of 3 LED's started blinking. so instead of driving around with a strobe light for a fog bulb i had to look into replacements. AAC LED fog bulbs have pretty shitty light output and are mostly for looks. i didn't want HID fog bulbs cause i don't feel like blinding people and i don't really wanted another set of fogs that don't make a lot of heat, but look good.

i ended up finding through Amazon reviews that the Putco LED's are well liked by the diesel Ford truck forums and some others. they aren't cheap at 65 bux a pair, but they are way cheaper than all those newer 100 dollar AAC plazma LED ones.

i am really pleased with the look of them and the light output.

pics... AAC blubs on the left, Putco bulbs on the right. (honestly even looking at the bulb it looks like a kid put together the AAC blubs compared to the quality construction of the Putco's)

Putco LED fog bulb first impressions 6eqhbp

old left, new right.

Putco LED fog bulb first impressions 2hhhwkj

AAC fog bulb still on the passenger side, Putco fog blub installed on the driver side.

Putco LED fog bulb first impressions 6f49k8

still just the 1 Putco blub installed on the driver side.

Putco LED fog bulb first impressions Fand4w
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Putco LED fog bulb first impressions   Putco LED fog bulb first impressions I_icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2014, 4:43 pm

Those look good Jon. I just did something similar to the wifey's Cherokee.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Putco LED fog bulb first impressions   Putco LED fog bulb first impressions I_icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2014, 5:43 pm

I bet you're hoping for a foggy day now to really put them through their paces.
Back to top Go down
Dre
CAMM Member
Dre

PostSubject: Re: Putco LED fog bulb first impressions   Putco LED fog bulb first impressions I_icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2014, 10:17 am

New bulbs look good!

I just put my LED fog lights in yesterday Opti7 from Amazon for $18. the construction look very similar to your old fog lights. So far i am happy with new bulbs better than the stock lights.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Putco LED fog bulb first impressions   Putco LED fog bulb first impressions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Putco LED fog bulb first impressions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Electronics-
Jump to: