Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Powder coaters

Go down 
+4
Moparcharger07
HemiMag
xegitalian19xx
Motor
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Motor
CAMM Pro
Motor

Powder coaters Empty
PostSubject: Powder coaters   Powder coaters I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2010, 9:51 am

I need something local to Chicagoland area for getting my wheels powdercoated.

It'd be good if the place would be able to dismount the old tires as well.

keep it short n simple. name/number/web/quick detail of what you had done and finish/durability

thx

Powder coaters Affraid
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

Powder coaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powder coaters   Powder coaters I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2010, 9:57 am

http://www.wheelsamerica.com/ - I was thinking of getting my rims fixed and powder coated here. $99 a wheel for whatever you need done...Paint/powder coating. I haven't been there yet, but reviews seem solid and they guarantee their work for life.

They are in Arlington heights btw
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

Powder coaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powder coaters   Powder coaters I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2010, 10:05 am

xegitalian19xx wrote:
http://www.wheelsamerica.com/ - I was thinking of getting my rims fixed and powder coated here. $99 a wheel for whatever you need done...Paint/powder coating. I haven't been there yet, but reviews seem solid and they guarantee their work for life.

x2 plain n simple!!!
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

Powder coaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powder coaters   Powder coaters I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2010, 10:14 am

HemiMag24s wrote:
xegitalian19xx wrote:

x2 plain n simple!!!

Have you ever had/seen any work done by them?
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

Powder coaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powder coaters   Powder coaters I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2010, 10:24 am

yup I have.I have had rims resurfaced there for a lot different reasons...Curb rash,dents,chunks missing you name it.Also my friends from the Subaru forum take all their STi rims there.Top quality and long lasting!!!
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

Powder coaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powder coaters   Powder coaters I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2010, 10:25 am

HemiMag24s wrote:
yup I have.I have had rims resurfaced there for a lot different reasons...Curb rash,dents,chunks missing you name it.Also my friends from the Subaru forum take all their STi rims there.Top quality and long lasting!!!

Good to hear...I'm going to get mine powder coated gloss black & refinished. You can't beat their price or turn around time from what I was getting quoted at other places.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

Powder coaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powder coaters   Powder coaters I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2010, 10:45 am

That's who we use through the shop, they are the ones that fixed the Vipers Tom bought, they do GREAT work
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

Powder coaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powder coaters   Powder coaters I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2010, 11:00 am

Sweet!! Glad to see people are giving them reps!! Now i'm just waiting for the weather to get a bit better before i have them done!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Powder coaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powder coaters   Powder coaters I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2010, 2:28 pm

I have also heard great things about them.
Back to top Go down
Motor
CAMM Pro
Motor

Powder coaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powder coaters   Powder coaters I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2010, 2:29 pm

called em, talked to some lady, shot em an email and we shall see...question is what do i want to do with them....
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

Powder coaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powder coaters   Powder coaters I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2010, 2:51 pm

Motor wrote:
called em, talked to some lady, shot em an email and we shall see...question is what do i want to do with them....

just paint them bright pink and be done with it.jk!!! neener
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

Powder coaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powder coaters   Powder coaters I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2010, 3:22 pm

Motor wrote:

Yeah when I called I got the same lady a few weeks ago...She really didn't sound like she knew what was going on. I called back and asked to speak with her manager and he was much more helpful! You might want to give that a shot. He also said he would cut me a deal for doing multiple wheels. Maybe we could get a group price since we'd already have 8 being done ??
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

Powder coaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powder coaters   Powder coaters I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2010, 3:27 pm

xegitalian19xx wrote:
Motor wrote:

Yeah when I called I got the same lady a few weeks ago...She really didn't sound like she knew what was going on. I called back and asked to speak with her manager and he was much more helpful! You might want to give that a shot. He also said he would cut me a deal for doing multiple wheels. Maybe we could get a group price since we'd already have 8 being done ??

Fuck if we can get a deal for multiple rims, I got 2 more to maybe toss in. I have 2 of my Chally replicas that I just want the curb rash fixed, no powdercoat. I just scuffed the lip a little.
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

Powder coaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powder coaters   Powder coaters I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2010, 3:35 pm

Any one else? I'll give em a call tomorrow and see what kind of a deal he could work out for us...
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

Powder coaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powder coaters   Powder coaters I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2010, 4:38 pm

xegitalian19xx wrote:
Any one else? I'll give em a call tomorrow and see what kind of a deal he could work out for us...

Wish I had 20'' rims...Unfortunately mine are priced a bit higher since I have to sandblast them first,then powdercoat...I will be doing this in the summer though(hopefully Mad )
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

Powder coaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powder coaters   Powder coaters I_icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2010, 8:53 pm

So I'm sure that this has been done already, right?? I'm thinking, or being talked into, getting my rims powder coated black. Whadda y'all think??
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

Powder coaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powder coaters   Powder coaters I_icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2010, 8:56 pm

I think it would look great...but have the lip remain chrome. Have one of the guys here do a few photoshops of what it would look like! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Powder coaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powder coaters   Powder coaters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Powder coaters
Page 1 of 1