Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help Wanted for Predator Install

Go down 
+5
Shawn1112
Rudedog74
Dartboy
HiPwr
JBBCharger
9 posters
AuthorMessage
JBBCharger
CAMM Member
JBBCharger

Help Wanted for Predator Install Empty
PostSubject: Help Wanted for Predator Install   Help Wanted for Predator Install I_icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2009, 5:13 pm

Soon I will be taking advantage of a Predator/CAI package deal that is being offered by Maryland Speed. The thing is, I do not have online capabilities to upload the Predator software and Calid files from the Diablo folks. Assuming the Predator will not be a simple plug-and-play upgrade, would somebody who does have online capabilities be willing to help me out when the time comes (preferably somebody who lives out in the west suburbs)? I'ld buy the beer!

Jay
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Help Wanted for Predator Install   Help Wanted for Predator Install I_icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2009, 5:14 pm

Mine came loaded with the latest firmware and did not need to be connected to the Internet prior to its use.
Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

PostSubject: Re: Help Wanted for Predator Install   Help Wanted for Predator Install I_icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2009, 2:32 am

yeah man I will gladly help you out...

Im in Joliet...
Back to top Go down
JBBCharger
CAMM Member
JBBCharger

PostSubject: Re: Help Wanted for Predator Install   Help Wanted for Predator Install I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2009, 4:59 pm

Thanks for the offer Dartboy. I may take you up on it. I will try loading a tune myself first, and would bug you only as a last resort. Maybe I will get lucky and not need the help after all. In any case, I probably won't be attempting this until the spring since I don't figure to need the extra horsepower until the snow and ice is off the road.
Back to top Go down
Rudedog74
CAMM Member
Rudedog74

PostSubject: Re: Help Wanted for Predator Install   Help Wanted for Predator Install I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2009, 6:45 pm

I'm in Romeoville about 20mins from Dartboy i'd be willing to help you out to if you still need it.

rudy
Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

PostSubject: Re: Help Wanted for Predator Install   Help Wanted for Predator Install I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2009, 12:30 am

sure JBB just let me know...always here to help...

you could hook it up just dont load any tunes.... that way if for what ever reason ya blow a code in winter you will know whats up... thumbsup
Back to top Go down
JBBCharger
CAMM Member
JBBCharger

PostSubject: Re: Help Wanted for Predator Install   Help Wanted for Predator Install I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2009, 1:44 pm

Well I ordered and received a Predator and a C&L Intake. I hooked up the Predator to the car and it told me that my car needed an "update." Turns out I was able to download the firmware directly from the Diablo website so I guess I was worried for nothing after all. Now I just have to burn up the 89 octane gas that is in the tank, refuel with some 93 octane, and install the CAI to see if it is all worth it.

Thanks again for the help offers but it looks like I have it under control.

Jay
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Help Wanted for Predator Install   Help Wanted for Predator Install I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2009, 2:30 pm

Congrats bro,I'm sure you will enjoy it. Did you get a 180 T-stat? If not you might want to do that also, its like $20-30 and takes all of 10 minutes to install.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Help Wanted for Predator Install   Help Wanted for Predator Install I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2009, 5:27 pm

Cool deal Jay! Glad it worked out for you.
Back to top Go down
JacksSRT8
CAMM Pro
JacksSRT8

PostSubject: Re: Help Wanted for Predator Install   Help Wanted for Predator Install I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2009, 6:20 pm

Question, How many more horses do you get from the diablo?
Back to top Go down
JBBCharger
CAMM Member
JBBCharger

PostSubject: Re: Help Wanted for Predator Install   Help Wanted for Predator Install I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2009, 11:41 am

jackssrt8 wrote:
Question, How many more horses do you get from the diablo?

From what I've read, it should be something like 20 rwhp gain for the 5.7L engine. I'm not sure what you get for the 6.1L. The Predator adjusts timing and spark parameters so, in addition to the hp and tq gains, you will also "feel" more throttle response and acceleration over stock. Diablo also claims you should gain 1 or 2 mpg fuel efficiency over stock.
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

PostSubject: Re: Help Wanted for Predator Install   Help Wanted for Predator Install I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2009, 1:43 pm

have fun!
Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

PostSubject: Re: Help Wanted for Predator Install   Help Wanted for Predator Install I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2009, 3:32 pm

its not slam you in your seat gains.... theres a slight difference... but not HUGE...

it also a very helpful tool to tune...check codes...adjust and turn stuff off...

I think its a must for our rides...

but alot of people think its going to add liek tons more power... not true...

alittle yes but not huge...

glad you got it working JBB! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Help Wanted for Predator Install   Help Wanted for Predator Install I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2009, 4:03 pm

JBBCharger wrote:
Soon I will be taking advantage of a Predator/CAI package deal that is being offered by Maryland Speed. The thing is, I do not have online capabilities to upload the Predator software and Calid files from the Diablo folks. Assuming the Predator will not be a simple plug-and-play upgrade, would somebody who does have online capabilities be willing to help me out when the time comes (preferably somebody who lives out in the west suburbs)? I'ld buy the beer!

Jay

i live in montgomery dude. right down the river from you. i will be glad to help out any way i can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help Wanted for Predator Install   Help Wanted for Predator Install I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help Wanted for Predator Install
Page 1 of 1