Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Predator Question.....

Go down 
+3
Headtripp
HiPwr
Moparcharger07
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

Predator Question..... Empty
PostSubject: Predator Question.....   Predator Question..... I_icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2010, 7:31 pm

So, I got a predator. My question is, will I have to burn out all the regular gas I have in the tank now, and fill it with the higher octane before loading a tune into it??

Sorry, I am new to all this predator stuff lol
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Predator Question.....   Predator Question..... I_icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2010, 7:33 pm

I suspect the worst thing that would happen if you don't change the gas out before loading the tune would be that it would knock a bit? You can always restore the tune.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Predator Question.....   Predator Question..... I_icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2010, 8:04 pm

Hmmmmm, maybe I'll just wait, I want to run all the monitors and adaptive memories anyways, since it was all reset with the battery disconnected all winter. I'll just burn up the tank of gas I got and reset all those, then after I fill up again, I'll throw in the good gas, then load the tune I guess...
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Predator Question.....   Predator Question..... I_icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2010, 8:12 pm

On both mine I always just bought the 93 octane gas before I got the preds anyway but. I would just make sure you get it pretty low before you fillup just to be safe. They do tell you to do that for a reason right
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Predator Question.....   Predator Question..... I_icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2010, 9:38 pm

I don't know, I hate reading lol
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Predator Question.....   Predator Question..... I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2010, 6:56 am

Yeah, the tune you want needs the octane, Adam. Just add octane booster to your gas, or wait.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Predator Question.....   Predator Question..... I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2010, 7:02 am

^^^x2 you can add octane booster this will prevent knock... but i still say burn what you have first and then add the tune...
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Predator Question.....   Predator Question..... I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2010, 11:39 pm

Ok cool, so I JUST got around to burning out all the 87 gas, filled up with 93, and installed the 93 CAI tune, after HAVING to update & download a bunch of stuff. Otherwise I couldn't load the tune. Kept saying unable to load bla bla bla I dunno lol So I fixed the tire size, loaded the tune, turned off the ESP..

I was kinda torn on weather or not to change the shift firmness. Should I? Is it worth it? Or will it put some more strain on the trans?? Is it a good idea or a bad idea to mess with the shift firmness?? And of you do it?? Like I said earlier, I'm new to the predator... LoL geek
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: Predator Question.....   Predator Question..... I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2010, 1:12 am

I adjusted the shift firmness and I really do like the change. I know tons of people have done it and I haven't heard of any issues.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Predator Question.....   Predator Question..... I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2010, 6:56 am

i def did it makes a world of a difference... but not to dramatic to where it will effect anything...
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Predator Question.....   Predator Question..... I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2010, 7:25 am

Do it Adam. It will drain all of the blood from your eyeballs at WOT.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Predator Question.....   Predator Question..... I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2010, 7:35 am

yeah i wouldnt say that... but it def feels better...
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Predator Question.....   Predator Question..... I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2010, 8:38 pm

This fucking thing sucks, I installed the 93 tune, and it was like the cruise control was on the whole time I was driving, un-installed it then drove it and it was fine, put the 91 tune in it, still the same thing... the idle is really high, I was riding the fucking brake the whole time I'm driving it WITH-OUT pushing the gas. Don't like it at all. I'll burn my brakes down and burn more gas with this thing. Plus, can't tell a difference at all to be honest....
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Predator Question.....   Predator Question..... I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2010, 8:40 pm

Maybe your doing something wrong. I have never heard of that problem??? Hopefully someone else chimes in that knows a bit more
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Predator Question.....   Predator Question..... I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2010, 8:40 pm

Is it possible that you got the V8 version?
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Predator Question.....   Predator Question..... I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2010, 8:41 pm

All I did was install the tune, did what it said, un-plugged it, drove it, all like it told me to do. Just following the directions, I didn't adjust anything either (like to adjust anything manually)
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Predator Question.....   Predator Question..... I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2010, 8:42 pm

HiPwr wrote:
Is it possible that you got the V8 version?

No, it's the 3.5, when it starts up, it says 3.5 bla bla bla
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Predator Question.....   Predator Question..... I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2010, 8:43 pm

I remember when I installed mine, I think I felt the results right away.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Predator Question.....   Predator Question..... I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2010, 8:44 pm

PM the Diablo people or post a thread in their area in LXF. Go right to the source and get educated answers.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Predator Question.....   Predator Question..... I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2010, 8:49 pm

I might do that, or just sell it to make myself feel like I didn't waste money
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Predator Question.....   Predator Question..... I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2010, 8:54 pm

Moparcharger06 wrote:
I might do that, or just sell it to make myself feel like I didn't waste money

That might be what's called for, but they may just need to give you a new firmware load. You can download it from the Internet with the connector. If you don't have a connector, I have one and probably a couple of dozen more people here have one to loan as well.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Predator Question.....   Predator Question..... I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2010, 8:57 pm

I HAD to download a bunch of stuff before I even used the damn thing, sucks. So it SHOULD be the latest software.... I mean, I JUST downloaded it last night from their web site... I dunno. Pretty frustrated
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: Predator Question.....   Predator Question..... I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2010, 9:10 pm

Don't sell it. There's definitely something wrong with the tune that is getting loaded. Give Diablo a call and they'll get it figured out. Where did you buy it? Maybe they shipped you the wrong one for your car.
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: Predator Question.....   Predator Question..... I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2010, 9:15 pm

You got the U7136 model?
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Predator Question.....   Predator Question..... I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2010, 9:16 pm

Yeah, and I bought it from Maryland Speed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Predator Question.....   Predator Question..... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Predator Question.....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Engine & Trans Performance-
Jump to: