Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I need help with the predator!!

Go down 
+3
liljoejoe54
Pomps
mwa145
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mwa145
CAMM Pro
mwa145

I need help with the predator!!  Empty
PostSubject: I need help with the predator!!    I need help with the predator!!  I_icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2010, 10:47 pm

I just bought a predator FOr my charger 3.5 . Would any body be able to help me install whatever I need to install in the car from the predator? I live in rolling meadows
Back to top Go down
Pomps
CAMM Pro
Pomps

PostSubject: Re: I need help with the predator!!    I need help with the predator!!  I_icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 12:11 am

It just plugs in. You might need a software update. Did you try plugging it in yet?
Back to top Go down
mwa145
CAMM Pro
mwa145

PostSubject: Re: I need help with the predator!!    I need help with the predator!!  I_icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 12:20 am

no bro. not yet. i just bought it havent received it yet though. like to load a tune is it hard? is it easy to mess up>
Back to top Go down
Pomps
CAMM Pro
Pomps

PostSubject: Re: I need help with the predator!!    I need help with the predator!!  I_icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 12:25 am

Pre-set tunes are loaded to the predator, pretty difficult to mess up. If you do need an update, and your computer friendly, you will be good.
Back to top Go down
mwa145
CAMM Pro
mwa145

PostSubject: Re: I need help with the predator!!    I need help with the predator!!  I_icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 12:27 am

sounds too easy lol
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: I need help with the predator!!    I need help with the predator!!  I_icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 5:59 am

It is easy. Just make sure you have all your doors closed and turn everything off in your car when you are doing the tune. You dont want any interference with power while your predator is writing.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: I need help with the predator!!    I need help with the predator!!  I_icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 6:26 am

The first thing that you will want to do is save your original tune to a cd. If you don't and the tuner goes bad .....your screwed.
Back to top Go down
mwa145
CAMM Pro
mwa145

PostSubject: Re: I need help with the predator!!    I need help with the predator!!  I_icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 8:25 am

shit ok ill see if i can get it to work when it gets here
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: I need help with the predator!!    I need help with the predator!!  I_icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 8:58 am

Do you have an exhaust and cold air intake?
Back to top Go down
mwa145
CAMM Pro
mwa145

PostSubject: Re: I need help with the predator!!    I need help with the predator!!  I_icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 9:32 am

naw bro. i wasnt planningon doing anything performance wise btu i cudnt pass up the deaal for 175. .. for the intake i heard that they all are the same. that paying 300 dollars for one is gunna get u the same as paying for 100 for a cheap one... idk if thats true but thats what i heard
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: I need help with the predator!!    I need help with the predator!!  I_icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 6:59 pm

from a fellow 3.5er over here.... the predator is easy as 1 2 3.... just plug it in to the OBDII port thats on the driverside under the steering column... and follow the on screen instructions. I would suggest adjusting the tire size in the predator, also getting a cold air intake if nothing else. But i don't have anything performance mods besides the predator just yet, and I tell you, its one of the best things you can do.
Back to top Go down
mwa145
CAMM Pro
mwa145

PostSubject: Re: I need help with the predator!!    I need help with the predator!!  I_icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 8:39 pm

im gunna give it a try. which tune shud i use?
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: I need help with the predator!!    I need help with the predator!!  I_icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2010, 12:22 am

which ever tune is for the gas you've been running. i use 89 gas and run the 89 tune. there is a noticable difference in how the car responds.
Back to top Go down
mwa145
CAMM Pro
mwa145

PostSubject: Re: I need help with the predator!!    I need help with the predator!!  I_icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2010, 11:15 am

ok ill try that i have a quarter tank of gas so ill wait till i do the 89
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: I need help with the predator!!    I need help with the predator!!  I_icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2010, 11:23 am

Make sure you do the regular 89 tune, not the 89cai tune. Then if you ever get a cai then you can install the 89cai tune.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: I need help with the predator!!    I need help with the predator!!  I_icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2010, 5:26 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Make sure you do the regular 89 tune, not the 89cai tune. Then if you ever get a cai then you can install the 89cai tune.

im running the 89perf tune as Predator calls it, which i believe is the 89cai with out any problems... and i dont have any mods... not even a cold air.... although i am waiting for my CAI to arrive from 3gcustomz....
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: I need help with the predator!!    I need help with the predator!!  I_icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2010, 9:33 pm

Really, I guess you learn something new everyday.
Back to top Go down
mwa145
CAMM Pro
mwa145

PostSubject: Re: I need help with the predator!!    I need help with the predator!!  I_icon_minitimeOctober 27th 2010, 11:22 am

well this thing shud be here today according to ups. hopefully ill be able to install a tune before i go to school
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: I need help with the predator!!    I need help with the predator!!  I_icon_minitimeOctober 27th 2010, 8:21 pm

firestartr420 wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:

im running the 89perf tune as Predator calls it, which i believe is the 89cai with out any problems... and i dont have any mods... not even a cold air.... although i am waiting for my CAI to arrive from 3gcustomz....

You can "run" any tune you want. The Predator doesn't know what mods you have. The recomended mods specific to the tune are there for a reason. It would probably run better on the 89 regular tune. Your probably just wasting more fuel w/o the mods. It's like all of the people running in Dyno Mode thinking that it is a good idea. I would just run the tune for what you have. just saying.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: I need help with the predator!!    I need help with the predator!!  I_icon_minitimeOctober 27th 2010, 8:27 pm

i never looked at the tire size adjustments......does anyone know is it overall rim size or actual tire xsize?
Back to top Go down
mwa145
CAMM Pro
mwa145

PostSubject: Re: I need help with the predator!!    I need help with the predator!!  I_icon_minitimeOctober 27th 2010, 8:40 pm

I put the 89 tune today and wow badass!!!
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: I need help with the predator!!    I need help with the predator!!  I_icon_minitimeOctober 27th 2010, 8:46 pm

inkedup wrote:
i never looked at the tire size adjustments......does anyone know is it overall rim size or actual tire xsize?

Just do your rear tire size like for example 315/35/20. What is written on the side wall of your rears.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: I need help with the predator!!    I need help with the predator!!  I_icon_minitimeOctober 27th 2010, 8:53 pm

mwa145 wrote:
I put the 89 tune today and wow badass!!!
Congrats bro, glad you like it.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: I need help with the predator!!    I need help with the predator!!  I_icon_minitimeOctober 27th 2010, 9:11 pm

Glad you like it dude!!! Make sure you adjust the tire size though!!! it will make a difference.

In response to Shawn's comment about the gas mileage. I've noticed that at most, ive lost maybe 10-20 miles on a tank from when i didnt have the tune. but, i can generally chalk that up to being this cement foot that i have. If you aint first, you're last... So, im not exactly sure it makes a difference. This might only be the case for the v-6 though, i could see where the r/t and srt's might experience a different situation. But we will have to see what happens when i get my CAI... should be here soon, i ordered it on October 15th...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need help with the predator!!    I need help with the predator!!  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need help with the predator!!
Page 1 of 1