Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Place to go cruising

Go down 
+13
firestartr420
irishrt5.7
TheDarkKnight
Dalegit1
Iguanaman
Mad Hatter
AlterEgo
jontoad
Shawn1112
AR-15QUEEN
HiPwr
liljoejoe54
eviltrycycle
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Place to go cruising Empty
PostSubject: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 8:30 pm

Ok so I keep getting told I need to go to Starved Rock and all that stuff so my question is does anyone want to do a small cruise? I know a one person is telling me that she needs pics of her car. So one last time before winter does anyone want to waste some gas?

I am thinking about doing this on Halloween since the Voo Doo Kings won't answer our emails about their halloween thing. The only thing is I have to work that day and can't leave any earlier then 1 pm.

So my questions are: is it worth driving out there, spending an hour or so taking pics and then heading back and is leaving out of the Chicagoland area at 1 pm going to be too late?

Last edited by eviltrycycle on October 22nd 2009, 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 8:35 pm

I have a lot to do on Halloween. I dont want to take any pics of my car this year because Im pimpin the ugly snow tire setup already. But im down to take pics somewhere closer to home.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 8:36 pm

Ok, I'm looking up "Starved Rock" on Google to see if I can figure out what you're talking about. Forgive me, I'm not from around this here parts.
Back to top Go down
AR-15QUEEN
CAMM All-Star
AR-15QUEEN

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 8:38 pm

Starved Rock Kicks Ass!!!!
Back to top Go down
AR-15QUEEN
CAMM All-Star
AR-15QUEEN

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 8:39 pm

Leaving from this "our" area around 1 is not bad... As long as the weather is nice...there are some beautiful areas around there to get kickass pics!!!

Its about an hr drive from Lockport/Homerglen area
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 8:43 pm

Starved Rock sucks now a days. My grandmother had a summer home out that way and we used to go there all the time as kids. They dont let you do shit there anymore.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 8:45 pm

been going there since i was a kid. my sister had her wedding at the lodge. the roads there are super fun to drive on.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 8:55 pm

I think we should think about someplace closer and then plan something there next year. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 9:00 pm

Busse Woods is a closer suggestion. It's also by Woodfield and good places to eat and hang out when we are done.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 9:21 pm

AlterEgo wrote:
Busse Woods is a closer suggestion. It's also by Woodfield and good places to eat and hang out when we are done.

busse woods is not really compareable to starved rock. busse woods is just a small city forest perserve. starved rock is a state park, think illinois yellowstone type thing. you can fish, hike, climb on rocks, ect. the duffys tavern in utica right outside the park is a fun hang out place to get some grub too.

Last edited by jontoad on October 22nd 2009, 9:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 9:22 pm

jontoad wrote:
AlterEgo wrote:

busse woods is not really compareable to starved rock. busse woods is just a small city forest perserve. starved rock is a state park, think illinois yellowstone type thing. you can fish, hike, climb on rocks, ect. the duffys tavern in utica right outside the park is a fun hang out place to get some grub too.
They dont let you climb the rocks anymore
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 9:23 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
jontoad wrote:
AlterEgo wrote:

in most places you still can. you just cant climb on lovers leap and stuff. in the devils paint box you can go where ever the hell you want.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 9:24 pm

Hunting, too. It's not deer season yet, but maybe we could shoot some squirrels. I have three .22 rifles.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 9:26 pm

jontoad wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:
jontoad wrote:
AlterEgo wrote:

in most places you still can. you just cant climb on lovers leap and stuff. in the devils paint box you can go where ever the hell you want.
you sure about that, the last time i was their about 5yrs ago they wouldnt let us climb on shit. My uncle was just their over the summer, and he hasnt been their in 15-20 yrs and he said it sucked he couldnt climb anything either.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 9:31 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
jontoad wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:
jontoad wrote:
AlterEgo wrote:

you sure about that, the last time i was their about 5yrs ago they wouldnt let us climb on shit. My uncle was just their over the summer, and he hasnt been their in 15-20 yrs and he said it sucked he couldnt climb anything either.

well yea, you cant climb on the really cool shit where they built boardwalks. but theres still plenty of stuff to do.
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 9:31 pm

Chain O Lakes state park is by us. It's big and has nice scenery. Moraine Hills is also a good spot too
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 9:52 pm

You guys suggest up places. I am not from here so I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 9:54 pm

The LXers got Harrassed & Kicked out of Busse Woods this Time Last Year!
Back to top Go down
AR-15QUEEN
CAMM All-Star
AR-15QUEEN

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 9:58 pm

I'm game to drive anywhere! Just need to dig my car out from the pile of fricken leaves thats starting to bury it!!!
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 11:56 pm

Mad Hatter wrote:

Yeah, the "Unlawful Gathering."

I really want to hook up with you guys; I keep missing stuff (byproduct of being a dad).

Halloween's out for me, with the kids. Trick or treating and a hayride already planned.

Am I one of the only CAMM members with kids? I keep seeing photos of get-togethers and there aren't any kids. No problem, and I know they'd be welcome, but just wondering...I don't want to come out with them and have the kids be bored and irritate everyone, or be cramping anyone's style.
Back to top Go down
Dalegit1
CAMM Pro
Dalegit1

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 3:51 am

What about Wolf Lake??
Back to top Go down
TheDarkKnight
CAMM Pro
TheDarkKnight

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 4:36 am

Mad Hatter wrote:
Oh yea you mean this.....watch the end if you never seen this before!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 6:48 am

Iguanaman wrote:
Mad Hatter wrote:
Am I one of the only CAMM members with kids? I keep seeing photos of get-togethers and there aren't any kids. No problem, and I know they'd be welcome, but just wondering...I don't want to come out with them and have the kids be bored and irritate everyone, or be cramping anyone's style.

ghost brings mia all the time. vics kid nick is at every show.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 6:51 am

We are totally fine with kids coming out. Now if they touch things they might be locked in a trunk or something. Very Happy Some of the best memories I have with my dad are going to car shows and the racetrack.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 7:12 am

I have kids but they are a little older. My daughter is 15 so she is a little bit too kool to hang with mom and dad. My son is 11 and he comes to some of the car shows and M&G's with me. Team Headtripp usually have their son with them also, your kids would be welcome to come hang out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Place to go cruising
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next