Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

jontoads whips

Go down 
+55
beep340
Dre
moaugust88
Yuro
ekaz
WICKEDSRT8
GSB06SRT
BackNBlack
jamesv82
jlg1963
BigM
billygoat91
chicagovich
funkpolice
TgTwist
stairman
irishrt5.7
moros323
Xenon
vagrant
northsiderz
Bulldog
KevinDSClark
Okie6.1
Hypnotiq
xegitalian19xx
Moparcharger07
ghost
Pomps
The Black Stig
Srt8Mopar
sak9880
pstlgrp
RT!st!C
ChargerSRT
inkedup
HiPwr
blackhemi
liljoejoe54
bogieboy
Illinois Chaos
SScharger
kaotik29
HemiMag
Shawn1112
TheDarkKnight
ChiTownHemi
chargerchick
AR-15QUEEN
Headtripp
slg 7
firestartr420
AlterEgo
eviltrycycle
jontoad
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

jontoads whips - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2014, 12:02 pm

Love the 315 look!
Back to top Go down
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2014, 2:00 pm

That looks cool, question I have Chally wheels now with 245/45R20s what's some other sizes I could be looking at? Would a 275/40 work on all four rims?
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2014, 2:36 pm

The 274/40 would def work for the rear, dont know bout the fronts

IT, that setup looks sick and those red rims pop on the black car
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2014, 6:57 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Nice meats
 Tom bootyshake 
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2014, 7:16 pm

so i just got done trying to lock down what class i will be racing in this year since the car has an aftermarket cam in it this season. i was reading the SCCA rule book and this year is all messed up as they are trying to transition to new classes across the board and have different tire restrictions and some one year only temporary classes. i was extremely excited to see they opened up a "CAM" (Classic American Muscle) class this year. it's for modified American made heavy cars and classic monikers. so the modified modern Challengers, Chargers, Camaros, GTO, Trans AM, Mustang, ect can get into the class along with the 70's era muscle cars. it's an unlimited class for the most part so the cam and other mods are fine in it. this means no more racing imports, BMWs, STIs, EVOs, ect.. this year.

i am really excited for Sunday now!

Last edited by jontoad on July 14th 2014, 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2014, 8:39 pm

how many races do you do in a year?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2014, 8:43 pm

getting a late start this year due to me taking my time getting my tires/rims together and my racing buddy having his trans am down till now with a cam swap and stuff. i usually do at least 5-6 autocross weekends and one or two big track days a year.
Back to top Go down
beep340
CAMM Rookie
beep340

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2014, 9:41 am

WHOA!! Nice!! If you don't mind my asking where you get the interior door red "Charger" trim?
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2014, 9:06 pm

beep340 wrote:
WHOA!!  Nice!!   If you don't mind my asking where you get the interior door red "Charger" trim?
Thanks.

if you can believe it they are actually Billet Technology door sill plates. instead of using them in the sill i stuck them on the doors. i have a couple of Billet Tech parts i kinda used other ways then they were intended to be used that worked out great.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2014, 9:09 pm

i guess i didn't add the red rim pics in here. i was trying to wait for the track photographer to put up his shots but he hasn't yet. i still like my gray ones more, but this is a fun change up. they sure get a lot of attention on the road.

jontoads whips - Page 19 33nx16b

jontoads whips - Page 19 2dters

jontoads whips - Page 19 10r0kr8
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2014, 1:41 pm

Like you said, need magnetic red stripes for red rim days
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2014, 9:39 pm

na, i just need to make the track numbers red.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2016, 9:28 am

haven't posted in this thread for a while. maybe i should update it.

haven't done much to the Charger besides a wifi colorshift SRT badge.

and i flew to Omaha on Friday and drove this beauty back to Chicago. Blue Streak Pearl 2015 Ram R/T with 11k miles on it. only used one i could find for sale with the 8 speed transmission and the Rambox bed (tool boxes/coolers built into the bed sides). hopefully when it's warmer later today i can take the chrome letters off the door and the plate holder off the front. i also have gloss black badges to replace the chrome ram heads on the grill and tailgate i have to install. i have to get the bed line-x'ed and order a Bakflip F1 tonneau cover before i use it for work. after i get that done i am selling the Caliber SRT4 to Carmax as soon as i can get it cleaned up.

got the windows tinted Saturday morning.

jontoads whips - Page 19 25k66w7

jontoads whips - Page 19 33zbibo
Back to top Go down
A.W.
CAMM Member
A.W.

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2016, 9:45 am

Love the Rams. Great color and options. I hear the 8 speeds are awesome.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2016, 9:59 am

A.W. wrote:
Love the Rams. Great color and options. I hear the 8 speeds are awesome.

the gas mileage it's getting with that 8 speed is really surprising me. between that and the eco mode it's really nice to get some economy out of a 395hp V8 in a truck that weighs a lot.

i will say this, there is a lot of adaptive learning the computer does on the 8 speed. since the satellite radio channels were all programmed to 60's music and classic country and the apps were never initialized on the radio, i assume the previous owner was an old timer that drove it real easy. i say that because when i first started driving it the truck seemed confused picking gears at part throttle since i drive a little aggressive. every time i drive it the shifting is getting better and i love the transmission so far.

i didn't realize how big the rams really were. it's quite a bit taller and wider than my fathers 05 Ford F150. when it comes to interior room that is a good thing though.

the driving position and seats are extremely comfortable even on the 6 hour drive home from Omaha. i wasn't sore at all when i got out of the truck when i got home.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2016, 7:00 pm

got a couple things done today - front plate delete, shaved chrome lettering from the doors, and installed gloss black rams head on the grill.

jontoads whips - Page 19 2n8zqd1

jontoads whips - Page 19 1o88jn

jontoads whips - Page 19 2zsuooy
Back to top Go down
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2016, 2:09 am

Wowsa nice truck, you've made some cool improvements thumbsup
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2016, 5:02 pm

nice. what is the towing capacity of those?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2016, 5:21 pm

Nice job Toad, just out of curiosity, why are you leaving badges on the fenders?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2016, 8:28 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Nice job Toad, just out of curiosity, why are you leaving badges on the fenders?

i probably won't be. i just left them on till i figure out what i want to do.

i have 2 of these coming in...

jontoads whips - Page 19 Awylhj

i might put those on the side of the hood scoops or the side of the hood if they fit.

i might order a couple of these for somewhere on the side but in a different location...

jontoads whips - Page 19 Wikdq8
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2016, 8:43 pm

funkpolice wrote:
nice.  what is the towing capacity of those?

5030 stock due to the 22 in r/t wheels and tires. if you put regular ram wheels and tires with a class 4 hitch it jumps back up to 9160

mine does have a class 4 hitch.

GSB06SRT wrote:
Wowsa nice truck, you've made some cool improvements thumbsup

Thanks bud!
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeApril 5th 2016, 9:38 am

Congrats again on the truck, that blue looks really good. The changes make it even better.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeApril 11th 2016, 11:53 pm

- got the bed sprayed with Line-X coating on Wednesday...

jontoads whips - Page 19 2iv1uef

- put on a shorty antenna

- replaced the crappy dodge factory lugs before they could swell up (like they all do) with Gorilla brand black spline drive lugs...

- i decided not to use those black Hemi badges i posted a couple posts back and put these "345 Hemi" badges on the hood today instead... (still waiting for the R/T badges in the mail)

jontoads whips - Page 19 V7uxkl

- Painted a new ram head for the tailgate to match the body color. i have to wait 5 days for the clear to harden before i can buff it and install it. especially because i put a shit ton of clear on it.

jontoads whips - Page 19 Sqqx41
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2016, 8:32 am

Very nice bro, how is the reception with that stubby antenna and the factory head unit? I have never had good luck with reception on those unless I was using an aftermarket head unit.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2016, 2:06 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Very nice bro, how is the reception with that stubby antenna and the factory head unit? I have never had good luck with reception on those unless I was using an aftermarket head unit.

No idea on reception. I don't use normal radio in the truck besides for sports games. I just use my phone via Bluetooth or satellite radio. I'll have to try it and let you know. I know the one on my caliber sucks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: jontoads whips   jontoads whips - Page 19 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

jontoads whips
Page 19 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Car Show :: Member Galleries-
Jump to: