Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Upgrading the radio

Go down 
+4
Shawn1112
AlterEgo
ghost
eviltrycycle
8 posters
AuthorMessage
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Upgrading the radio Empty
PostSubject: Upgrading the radio   Upgrading the radio I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2009, 2:56 pm

I really like the radio that has the Nav and all that jazz. Is it really a PITA to switch out my stock radio?

Just trying to see if its worth the work and money.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading the radio   Upgrading the radio I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2009, 5:32 pm

i have had my center bezel off a couple times b4 and it's super easy. it's just some constant pressure and patience. as far as upgrading the radio, i don't really know what all goes into upgrading. used double din bezels are a pita to find and the new ones are not all that cheep.
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading the radio   Upgrading the radio I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2009, 6:33 pm

When you find out, let me know, I wanna get a nav like the Chally has.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading the radio   Upgrading the radio I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2009, 8:32 pm

I have a guy in Schaumburg who can do the install cheap.
I tried to do my own and probably could have figured it out but just lost patience and let a shop do it.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading the radio   Upgrading the radio I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2009, 9:12 pm

AlterEgo wrote:
When you find out, let me know, I wanna get a nav like the Chally has.

I think Vic has the Mygig Nav in his chally. You can put one in your Mango but you will need the lockpic thing for it. I think it costs around $250.

And Chrystal, You should be able to put the nav in easily but as far as the antenna goes, i have no clue what you have to do there.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading the radio   Upgrading the radio I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2009, 10:16 pm

The antenna and speed sensor was my problem. I has everything working except the nav, thats when I lost patience and took it to the shop.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading the radio   Upgrading the radio I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2009, 10:17 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
The antenna and speed sensor was my problem. I has everything working except the nav, thats when I lost patience and took it to the shop.

So where do they mount the antenna? I might be able to install it for anybody upgrading if I knew where its supposed to go.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading the radio   Upgrading the radio I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2009, 10:45 am

Dashboard front passenger side corner.
Back to top Go down
sak9880
CAMM Member
sak9880

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading the radio   Upgrading the radio I_icon_minitimeJune 24th 2009, 9:36 pm

eviltrycycle wrote:
I really like the radio that has the Nav and all that jazz. Is it really a PITA to switch out my stock radio?

Just trying to see if its worth the work and money.

is there a certin one you were looking at??? i have a kenwood double din, and love it. it was a pain at first cause the 08's change the set up needing a euro plug but after all it's great.
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading the radio   Upgrading the radio I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2009, 9:04 pm

I would like to as well. I just saw a Kenwood with a built Garmin for Nav.

With my Bezel, I'm probably gonna havve to order a double din from the dealer or somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading the radio   Upgrading the radio I_icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2009, 5:11 pm

Definitely should do it.. I actually think the MyGig w/NAV is a great radio and no need to go aftermarket IMO..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading the radio   Upgrading the radio I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upgrading the radio
Page 1 of 1