Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Upgrading Subs ... ?..

Go down 
+3
Hoodie
Mad Hatter
Drown
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Drown
CAMM Member
Drown

Upgrading Subs ... ?.. Empty
PostSubject: Upgrading Subs ... ?..   Upgrading Subs ... ?.. I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2009, 9:08 am

Okay, so I want to upgrade my stereo. Ideally I want a system that can sound very good, i don't want to have lacking highs or lows, I know I'd get a lot of power out of JL w7 12's w/ a JL 1000.1.

I don't want to add flex glass. And I would prefer to not dynamat, but will if needed.

Anyone know of a good system that can operate in it's box, without changing the whole car, but not sound like shit?

If the w7's can do that, I'll lay down the mat, but i don't want to flexglass the rear window....

Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading Subs ... ?..   Upgrading Subs ... ?.. I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2009, 9:06 pm

Everyone usually recommends Dynomat or equal in the trunk. It's actually listed as a Cheap Stereo Mod to make your system sound more expensive.
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading Subs ... ?..   Upgrading Subs ... ?.. I_icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2009, 5:13 pm

The dynomat is definitely my recommendation.. You shouldn't need to flexglass the rear window with 2 W7s..
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading Subs ... ?..   Upgrading Subs ... ?.. I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2009, 12:03 am

I would def. dynomat the trunk at least! Our cars for some reason are freaking rattle boxes when it comes down to it. You won't need any plexi either with two w7's....I'm runnin two 12" Type R's with 1500 watts goin to them and they don't bother the window at all..
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading Subs ... ?..   Upgrading Subs ... ?.. I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2009, 11:39 am

You can go with 1 kicker 12" L-7, and pretty much get the sound of 2 12"s. Thats what I have and it sounds good imo. Takes up less room and doesnt way as much as 2 12"s.
Back to top Go down
chitownfinest01
CAMM Rookie
chitownfinest01

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading Subs ... ?..   Upgrading Subs ... ?.. I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2009, 10:42 am

Im running a JL audio 1000/1 amp to 2 12" Diamond D3s and it WHAMS!
Definitely need to dynomat
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading Subs ... ?..   Upgrading Subs ... ?.. I_icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2009, 7:03 pm

yea i have two 12" kicker L7's and they rattle my trunk too much. im going to have to dynamat it. i was thinking put the dynamat and the get the trunk lid liner so you dont see the dynamat... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading Subs ... ?..   Upgrading Subs ... ?.. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upgrading Subs ... ?..
Page 1 of 1