Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who should I use for an alignment?

Go down 
+4
Moparcharger07
ChiTownHemi
Admin
DA H.N.I.C.
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DA H.N.I.C.
CAMM Pro
DA H.N.I.C.

Who should I use for an alignment? Empty
PostSubject: Who should I use for an alignment?   Who should I use for an alignment? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 8:35 am

Just wondering what the trusted places are for a 4 wheel alignment on an AWD Magnum with oversized wheels?
I let Cassidy Tire in Addison, IL do it last year but I wasn't too happy with the outcome.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Who should I use for an alignment?   Who should I use for an alignment? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 9:49 am

Suburban Tire always took good care of me.. I used the location on North Avenue, just east of Glen Ellyn Rd.

Haven't used the newer one in Hanover Park for alignment yet, but they've taken care of some other things for me.
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: Who should I use for an alignment?   Who should I use for an alignment? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 12:34 pm

I've used that Suburban Tire there in Glen Ellyn many times myself and always had good luck with them too.
Back to top Go down
DA H.N.I.C.
CAMM Pro
DA H.N.I.C.

PostSubject: Re: Who should I use for an alignment?   Who should I use for an alignment? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 1:45 pm

OK, thanks!
I'll call them today
Back to top Go down
DA H.N.I.C.
CAMM Pro
DA H.N.I.C.

PostSubject: Re: Who should I use for an alignment?   Who should I use for an alignment? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 2:15 pm

Just got off the phone with 3 of the Suburban Tire locations. 1st one said they didn't have the extensions for anything above 20", the second one said no, and the third had to go ask his manager or someone else. It was apparent they had never done wheels like mine before because he told me (without ever seeing my car) that my "suspension is binding"................what?
And that an alignment is $199.00
I told him that last time it was aligned the cost was $99.......$107 with tax. And I asked him what made theirs twice as expensive. He told me "that's what it is".

Kind of sounds like they may not be able to help me out.

Any other places out there?
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Who should I use for an alignment?   Who should I use for an alignment? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 2:51 pm

What size are you're rims?? 24's??
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Who should I use for an alignment?   Who should I use for an alignment? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 2:53 pm

Moparcharger06 wrote:
What size are you're rims?? 24's??
I believe so Adam, if I remember correctly. I was going to tell him to contact you.
Back to top Go down
DA H.N.I.C.
CAMM Pro
DA H.N.I.C.

PostSubject: Re: Who should I use for an alignment?   Who should I use for an alignment? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 2:54 pm

yeah, 24x9.5

I'm finding it kind of impossible to find a shop locally so it looks like I gotta expand the distance I'm willing to travel
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Who should I use for an alignment?   Who should I use for an alignment? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 3:03 pm

DA H.N.I.C. wrote:
yeah, 24x9.5

I'm finding it kind of impossible to find a shop locally so it looks like I gotta expand the distance I'm willing to travel
I think Adam works to to far from you if he can do it.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Who should I use for an alignment?   Who should I use for an alignment? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 3:31 pm

I second using Adam. Next time I need an alignment that is where I am going.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Who should I use for an alignment?   Who should I use for an alignment? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 4:21 pm

i will be getting one w/ in the next week...
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Who should I use for an alignment?   Who should I use for an alignment? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 5:21 pm

The 24's MIGHT be a little too big for our extensions, if you'd be willing to bring you're stock wheels, I'd switch em out for ya, then do the alignment, then put you're 24's back on.... I think the max is 22's, but I'll have to look 2morrow at the extensions, I believe they say what size they go up to. BUT if you'd be willing to drive up here to Round Lake Beach with you're stock wheels (IF the extensions won't work), I'll DEFINATELY hook it up man!!!
Back to top Go down
DA H.N.I.C.
CAMM Pro
DA H.N.I.C.

PostSubject: Re: Who should I use for an alignment?   Who should I use for an alignment? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 6:06 pm

Moparcharger06 wrote:
The 24's MIGHT be a little too big for our extensions, if you'd be willing to bring you're stock wheels, I'd switch em out for ya, then do the alignment, then put you're 24's back on.... I think the max is 22's, but I'll have to look 2morrow at the extensions, I believe they say what size they go up to. BUT if you'd be willing to drive up here to Round Lake Beach with you're stock wheels (IF the extensions won't work), I'll DEFINATELY hook it up man!!!

I appreciate the offer!

I was always told that you are supposed to do the alignment with the wheels that you actually drive on. The stockers are only 18".
Does the overall diameter matter? The OEM's with the tires are 28.6" and the aftermarkets with the tires on are 29.4"
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Who should I use for an alignment?   Who should I use for an alignment? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 7:15 pm

It doesn't really matter in my opinion. The alignment won't change with the size of the wheel. The settings are set to the CAR. I guess it changes from tech to tech. But Me personally, I know it doesn't matter to the size of the wheel. I ALWAYS change out my wheels when I align my car (so I don't mess up the paint on my wheels) and I have never had any problems, the wheel is always straight, and tire wear is always fine for me, and as well as customers that run wheels that are too big for the heads to grab.

I actually do the alignments on all of the cars that a local Dodge Dealership around here, they outsource them to my shop. It's what sold me on buying a Charger LOL We had one come in a couple years back and I REALLY liked it LOL
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Who should I use for an alignment?   Who should I use for an alignment? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 7:23 pm

DA H.N.I.C. wrote:
Moparcharger06 wrote:

I appreciate the offer!

I was always told that you are supposed to do the alignment with the wheels that you actually drive on. The stockers are only 18".
Does the overall diameter matter? The OEM's with the tires are 28.6" and the aftermarkets with the tires on are 29.4"

it doesn't look like my boss wants to bite on the offer of dismounting your rims for free like i told you he might in the other thread. maybe he can dismount your rims at the same time while your out there?
Back to top Go down
DA H.N.I.C.
CAMM Pro
DA H.N.I.C.

PostSubject: Re: Who should I use for an alignment?   Who should I use for an alignment? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 8:23 am

jontoad wrote:
DA H.N.I.C. wrote:
Moparcharger06 wrote:

I appreciate the offer!

it doesn't look like my boss wants to bite on the offer of dismounting your rims for free like i told you he might in the other thread. maybe he can dismount your rims at the same time while your out there?

That's cool. Thank you anyway.
I don't need the wheels taken off, though. Just the tires so that I can send the rims back to Asanti for a rebuild. The INVO's have just been sitting in my basement for a few months now collecting dust and I really want them put on when the rims come back. But if your boss isn't feeling it then I understand.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Who should I use for an alignment?   Who should I use for an alignment? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 8:53 am

Ok man, I just looked at the extensions for the alignment heads, they will go up to 20" WITHOUT the extensions, and up to 22" WITH the extensions. SO, at my shop, we'd have to switch the wheels out for the alignment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who should I use for an alignment?   Who should I use for an alignment? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who should I use for an alignment?
Page 1 of 1