Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alignment Question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
IIDMOII
CAMM Member

Alignment Question Empty
PostSubject: Alignment Question   Alignment Question I_icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2010, 2:33 pm

Went to sears to get an alignment, but they told me that they cannot do it and I have to have the stealership do it. Any truth behind this?
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

Alignment Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alignment Question   Alignment Question I_icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2010, 3:08 pm

Maybe their machine can't do it because the size of your rims. I took mine to a shop and he couldn't do it cause I have 20s.
Back to top Go down
IIDMOII
CAMM Member

Alignment Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alignment Question   Alignment Question I_icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2010, 3:23 pm

I have the stock rims on it.. I am starting to think they just do not know what they are doing.
Back to top Go down
IIDMOII
CAMM Member

Alignment Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alignment Question   Alignment Question I_icon_minitimeMay 25th 2010, 8:04 pm

Ok, so after a little interrogation and research I figured out what the problem is. I need the engine cradle shifted. It pulls to the left. Has anyone done this before?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Alignment Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alignment Question   Alignment Question I_icon_minitimeMay 25th 2010, 8:23 pm

Try Adam (Moparcharger06)
Back to top Go down
IIDMOII
CAMM Member

Alignment Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alignment Question   Alignment Question I_icon_minitimeMay 25th 2010, 8:25 pm

Will do, thank you Shawn.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

Alignment Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alignment Question   Alignment Question I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 7:49 pm

Yeah, I've done PLENTY of cradle shifts. BUT our cars DO require a cross camber and cross caster that do not match. To compensate for road crown, there was a big problem when Magnums, Chargers & 300's first came out, so they changed the specs. But it's not that bad to do either, it's pretty much just removing the belly pan, and from there it's just 4 bolts to shift it. There is only a limited amout of movement though with the cradle shift.

Did they at least give you a print out of the specs where the car is at now??
Back to top Go down
IIDMOII
CAMM Member

Alignment Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alignment Question   Alignment Question I_icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2010, 6:36 pm

Thank you for the info Adam. They did not give me a printout of what the car is at right now, but since one of my friends works there, I can get one. Where can I take my car to get this fixed? Also, do you know what I should be expecting to dish out for this?
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

Alignment Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alignment Question   Alignment Question I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2010, 10:33 pm

I could do it for you, AND I actually work in Deerfield, so it's not that far from you ; )

We are having a car show day at the shop, here's the link, and a link to the shop, as well as the info on the show.

http://www.chicagolandareamodernmopars.com/chicagoland-area-car-shows-and-get-togethers-f5/deerfield-tire-car-show-stuff-t3080.htm
Back to top Go down
IIDMOII
CAMM Member

Alignment Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alignment Question   Alignment Question I_icon_minitimeJune 5th 2010, 2:45 pm

Dang I wish i could make it, but I am out of town. Is there any other day that we can do this?
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

Alignment Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alignment Question   Alignment Question I_icon_minitimeJune 5th 2010, 6:08 pm

Yeah for sure, just let me know
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alignment Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alignment Question   Alignment Question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alignment Question
Page 1 of 1